View Poll Results: What country do you play most?

Voters
398. You may not vote on this poll
  • Germany (WW1)

64 16.08%
  • Germany (WW2)

199 50.00%
  • Austria-Hungary

34 8.54%
  • Russia

29 7.29%
  • Soviet Union

88 22.11%
  • Great Britain

49 12.31%
  • United States of America

41 10.30%
  • France

26 6.53%
  • Italy

57 14.32%
  • Japan

88 22.11%
  • Republic of China

21 5.28%
  • Ottoman Empire

20 5.03%
  • Hungary

19 4.77%
  • Finland

16 4.02%
  • Bulgaria

4 1.01%
  • Canada

12 3.02%
  • Australia

6 1.51%
  • Romania

20 5.03%
  • Turkey

11 2.76%
  • Spain

11 2.76%
  • Brazil

13 3.27%
  • Mexico

3 0.75%
  • British Raj

3 0.75%
  • Hejaz

3 0.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What country do you play most?

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    53 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Germany, as a whole, has more votes than everything else combined.

I guess that's the point of this game, to see if you can fix history.

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    Germany, as a whole, has more votes than everything else combined.

I guess that's the point of this game, to see if you can fix history.
    Haha, not sure how you can fix history as Nazi Germany :]
    Constantly creating flags.

> Trembling Blue's Colour Scales < - Version 2.0 released! Final version for DH 1.3.

> The best HOI flag depository online <

> RumpNissen's flag packs <

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    53 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    O.K., "correct the errors other nations had" would have been a better statement.

Though, to my merit, I'm sure the Nazis' thought they were advancing society, haha.

USSR FTW! Nothing is more fun than taking over all of Europe because the Germans bleed out their MP in South America and the Americans don't land in time. The red menace is soooo fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    O.K., "correct the errors other nations had" would have been a better statement.

Though, to my merit, I'm sure the Nazis' thought they were advancing society, haha.
    Well, in a way, everyone did during the war in their own way. It's just the way they did it which could be questionable.

I've only just started playing as Japan again...still trying to forget about what the Nazi's did.

> Trembling Blue's Colour Scales < - Version 2.0 released! Final version for DH 1.3.

Germany (in both World Wars), Italy, Japan. You have many strategic options, get to fight in many theatres and the games can be quite challenging and fun (esp. in case of Italy and Japan). Japan and Italy also give you a nice mix of land, air and naval action and in a way you have to master all of them.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

You are all naughty nazis

Is anyone else surprised by the results?

The United Kingdom is fun. You have alot of theaters to hold, but it isn't impossible. Japan, Hungary, and minor Allied nations are fun too, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TremblingBlue View Post
    Germany has always been the most popular country to play in HOI games. I'm surprised by the popularity of the SU, though, considering how much micromanagement it requires. Also, I thought Italy would be generally more popular (not that it's unpopular) and that the UK would be more popular than the USA.

Colonel
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourSengoku500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

While it is easy to not LOSE as the US it is not that easy to WIN. The first time I tried as the US I got caught up in the (mostly naval) war against Japan and I let planning for Europe slide. By the time I thought to check on things the Germans had won the land war. Digging them out at that point without nuking them into oblivion is extremely difficult.

The start of the game as the US is all about strategic planning. You have to plan out long term how to build up your forces with what little manpower you have and you have to catch up on the woeful state of tech development. When the war is looming for you in 1941 you have to get ready to jump in at any time.

500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Easy1 View Post
    You are all naughty nazis
    Do not discriminate the Nazis!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TremblingBlue View Post
    You didn't Nazi that coming?
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

§1 - Posts made by this user are subject to intense editing shortly after posting... Hooray for indecisiveness!

Finland , Hungary , Turkey and Ottoman.

GB because i love fighting all over the world. Japan because i like carving an empire out of the pacific. Hungary because i learnt to play the game with it and it's the best minor IMO. Italy because of the challenge. A-H in WW1 because i like the region and it's pretty good all round. Canada because of KR and i played an amazing game in HoI2 with it!

Not USA because it overwhelms me.
    Not usually Germany because taking Europe is only fun a few times and after killing the USSR it's boring.
    not Usually Soviet union, dunno why it only attracted me once. But in KR Russia was cool.
    The SPQR mod has been joined with the New Age of the Roman Empire - A Darkest Hour Mod

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...rkest-Hour-Mod
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...e-Rise-of-SPQR

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    You didn't Nazi that coming?
    Funny man!

A-H in WW1, Germany in WW2

Darkest Hour500k club

Yes, Germany (ww2) no more 50+% Go rest of world
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain
    I know I'm stupid. But when I look around, I take courage. - Ion Creangă
    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. - Elbert Hubbard

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Things are certainly in the Axis' favor.

Truth be told before DH my by far most favorite country was Japan. Haven't had much fun playing it in DH though. I hope 1.03 balances things appropriately so you don't need to powerplay with uber gamey tactics to win.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

§1 - Posts made by this user are subject to intense editing shortly after posting... Hooray for indecisiveness!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast