• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What country do you play most?

• Germany (WW1)

Votes: 64 16,0%
  • Germany (WW2)

Votes: 200 50,1%
  • Austria-Hungary

Votes: 34 8,5%
  • Russia

Votes: 29 7,3%
  • Soviet Union

Votes: 88 22,1%
  • Great Britain

Votes: 49 12,3%
  • United States of America

Votes: 41 10,3%
  • France

Votes: 26 6,5%
  • Italy

Votes: 57 14,3%
  • Japan

Votes: 88 22,1%
  • Republic of China

Votes: 21 5,3%
  • Ottoman Empire

Votes: 20 5,0%
  • Hungary

Votes: 19 4,8%
  • Finland

Votes: 16 4,0%
  • Bulgaria

Votes: 4 1,0%
  • Canada

Votes: 12 3,0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 1,5%
  • Romania

Votes: 20 5,0%
  • Turkey

Votes: 11 2,8%
  • Spain

Votes: 11 2,8%
  • Brazil

Votes: 13 3,3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 3 0,8%
  • British Raj

• Hejaz

• Total voters
The US. Ever since my first game of HoI I enjoyed their economic strenght. Germany comes close to this first spot because the initiative lies with me as to where and when I attack.
Least played (mayor) country is France.

Soviet Union, Romania, China.

Personally, it depends on which mod do I play with, but I prefer mediocore nations, but more likely the ones that have rising potential.

In DH WWI scenario I usually play AH, Ottoman, sometimes Belgium and Italy. (In AAR Yunnan clique is my favourite.) I'm also planning to play with Japan, but I'm a rather afraid from naval countries (long time builds and fast sunk ships problem...). In multiplayer we usually play CP (Entente is quite boring with the OP winning).

In WWII I prefer Hungary, Manchukou, in the later scenarios I also play Free France. In multiplayer I tend to play as Italy.

In Byzantium it's the Roman Empire of course :D

However, KR is quite different than DH. In DH most countries are preset, while in KR nations rise and fall in a very short amount of time. I like starting small, and building up an empire, since I don't have to start with a preset amount/type of units, I can build those, and will know why I built which one, and can more easily build my tactics around them, rather than receiving a lots of units in the beginning, and forgot them in halfway. These include Austria, Qing Empire, Shangqing Tiangou, Russia, National France.

Spain? witch Spain?
I voted for Finland and Germany WW2
and if there where others then I woud vote for it to

USA and USSR, because you get to fight two wars. Play as any smaller nation and you risk either side winning the whole cake rendering WW3 worthless.

Romania, Germany, China.

I love the adventure of unifying China as the Nationalists, but I haven't finished it yet in Darkest Hour because I can barely hold off the Japanese (they've taken Beijing and another province so far, and I've stalled them for about two years, but my industry sucks and I'm afraid I can't hold them off anymore).

Oh, I forgot my awesome games with WW1 Germany. The victory tastes good.

EDIT: Sergeant for me!:wub:

Germany because it's had the most attention given to it (events, leaders, enemy AIs etc).

Now if you're going to take the results of this poll and give even more attention to the winner you'll create a vicious cycle where the other nations continue to get less love because they've had less love in the past.

Germany and Japan offer the most fun and diverse strategies in my opinion; they both tie for first for me. Italy, UK, and Romania make for interesting challenges. I never liked France for some reason. :happy:

I'm somewhat surprised that Austria-Hungary is relatively popular, and China isn't (currently just 1 more vote than Finland!?). I thought China would have some sort of appeal to the right kind of strategic thinking. Maybe when the manpower system is fixed...