• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What country do you play most?

• Germany (WW1)

Votes: 64 16,0%
  • Germany (WW2)

Votes: 200 50,1%
  • Austria-Hungary

Votes: 34 8,5%
  • Russia

Votes: 29 7,3%
  • Soviet Union

Votes: 88 22,1%
  • Great Britain

Votes: 49 12,3%
  • United States of America

Votes: 41 10,3%
  • France

Votes: 26 6,5%
  • Italy

Votes: 57 14,3%
  • Japan

Votes: 88 22,1%
  • Republic of China

Votes: 21 5,3%
  • Ottoman Empire

Votes: 20 5,0%
  • Hungary

Votes: 19 4,8%
  • Finland

Votes: 16 4,0%
  • Bulgaria

Votes: 4 1,0%
  • Canada

Votes: 12 3,0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 1,5%
  • Romania

Votes: 20 5,0%
  • Turkey

Votes: 11 2,8%
  • Spain

Votes: 11 2,8%
  • Brazil

Votes: 13 3,3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 3 0,8%
  • British Raj

• Hejaz

• Total voters
Germany, as a whole, has more votes than everything else combined.

I guess that's the point of this game, to see if you can fix history.

Haha, not sure how you can fix history as Nazi Germany :]

USSR FTW!:p Nothing is more fun than taking over all of Europe because the Germans bleed out their MP in South America and the Americans don't land in time. The red menace is soooo fun to play.

O.K., "correct the errors other nations had" would have been a better statement.

Though, to my merit, I'm sure the Nazis' thought they were advancing society, haha.

Well, in a way, everyone did during the war in their own way. It's just the way they did it which could be questionable.

I've only just started playing as Japan again...still trying to forget about what the Nazi's did.

Germany (in both World Wars), Italy, Japan. You have many strategic options, get to fight in many theatres and the games can be quite challenging and fun (esp. in case of Italy and Japan). Japan and Italy also give you a nice mix of land, air and naval action and in a way you have to master all of them.

You are all naughty nazis ;)

Is anyone else surprised by the results?
Germany has always been the most popular country to play in HOI games. I'm surprised by the popularity of the SU, though, considering how much micromanagement it requires. Also, I thought Italy would be generally more popular (not that it's unpopular) and that the UK would be more popular than the USA.

While it is easy to not LOSE as the US it is not that easy to WIN. The first time I tried as the US I got caught up in the (mostly naval) war against Japan and I let planning for Europe slide. By the time I thought to check on things the Germans had won the land war. Digging them out at that point without nuking them into oblivion is extremely difficult.

The start of the game as the US is all about strategic planning. You have to plan out long term how to build up your forces with what little manpower you have and you have to catch up on the woeful state of tech development. When the war is looming for you in 1941 you have to get ready to jump in at any time.

GB because i love fighting all over the world. Japan because i like carving an empire out of the pacific. Hungary because i learnt to play the game with it and it's the best minor IMO. Italy because of the challenge. A-H in WW1 because i like the region and it's pretty good all round. Canada because of KR and i played an amazing game in HoI2 with it!

Not USA because it overwhelms me.
Not usually Germany because taking Europe is only fun a few times and after killing the USSR it's boring.
not Usually Soviet union, dunno why it only attracted me once. But in KR Russia was cool.

Yes, Germany (ww2) no more 50+% Go rest of world :)

Things are certainly in the Axis' favor.

Truth be told before DH my by far most favorite country was Japan. Haven't had much fun playing it in DH though. I hope 1.03 balances things appropriately so you don't need to powerplay with uber gamey tactics to win.