• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Frymonmon

President of California
29 Badges
Jul 21, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
citue.png

Hello! And welcome to yet another forum game presented by myself, Frymonmon. This forum game take place right after the 1860 election of Abraham Lincoln, and you must now watch as South Carolina, and the rest of the South breaks away. You must choose your character, the only ones that are set are Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, and the various Generals that may become the leading General in your country. The majority of players will be playing members of Congress, with two people playing the Presidents, and two people playing the leading Generals. You may jump in at anytime. Signups are ALWAYS open.

Rules and Procedures
The game is rather simple. Everyone roleplays their own, made-up character, while you get to create a background, birth date, location, and political party of their choosing. Most people shall play as politicians, but two players will become Generals, and two people will become the Confederate and Union President. Like my previous game, Crisis in the Reichstag, the players will have to debate and discuss bills and things of that sort. I will RP the Supreme Court and the War itself, while the Presidents and the Generals have to try and lead their nation to victory, while everyone else is focused on the home front, passing bills, dealing with goods and food shortages.

Unlike my previous forum game, there is no real push for forming a Government. There will be elections on both countries when it becomes time, and you might lose your seats. Because there are mostly two parties in both the Union and the Confederacy, there will be factions in each party, and you may declare a new faction at any time, but I don't want anyone saying they wish to be independent from both the Union and the Confederacy. That simply won't work.

As for who you are playing as, I will act as the United and Confederate States Senate, while everyone else plays in the Congresses.

Now, for one final rule, and if it is not followed it will result in your expulsion from the game, IC and OOC are two separate things. This is a forum game. We live in 2012, not 1860. There is no reason why you should take your dislike of someone's character in this game and bring it to the IRC Channel or in OOC. It is not right, and if I hear of it, you will be thrown out. The most important rule? HAVE FUN. That's what this is for.

IRC Channel: #CrisisInTheUnion

Sister Games

Crisis in the Reichstag

---

Government of the United States of America

President: Abraham Lincoln (R) [hygge0302]
Head of the Army: Winfield Scott
Speaker of the House: William Pennington (R)
Generals: Winfield Scott, George McClellan (DoomBunny), Irvin McDowell

United States House of Representatives - 238 Seats

Republican (116 Seats)

Moderate: (70 Seats)
Joseph Morgan (R-New York) [atmoicsoda]
Winston C. Saunders (R-California) [theAhawk]

Radical: (46 Seats)
Preston King (R-New York) [Mr. Santiago]
Robert Murphy (R-Massachusetts) [Suirantes]

Democrats (56 Seats)

Southern: (38 Seats)
Harold Johnson (D-Virginia) [Mr. G]
Colonel William Frederick Cunningham-Baker (D-Tennessee) [Maxwell500]

Moderate: (18 Seats)
Alexander Black (D-Virginia) [Riccardo93]

Vacant (66 Seats)

---

Government of the Confederate States of America

President: Jefferson Davis (D) [Shock3r]
Head of the Army: P.G.T. Beauregard
Speaker of the House: Not Elected Yet
Generals: P.G.T. Beauregard, James Longstreet

Confederate States House of Representatives - 109 Seats

Democratic (96 Seats)

Moderate: (75 Seats)

Radical: (21 Seats)
Augustus Barker (D-Alabama) [Gradiant]
Michael Sephway (D-South Carolina) [Congo]
Peter C. Macbeth (D-South Carolina) [NikoHoI3]

Independent (13 Seats)

---

Table of Contents

---

Elections

Newspaper Articles
8 February, 1861

Legislation, US

Legislation, CS

Last edited:
OOC: Oh, this looks good. I would like to be head of the Confederate Army, whenever that becomes available.

OOC: Right now, everyone has to sign up for the US. You can simply sign up to be Colonel Robert E. Lee, US Army, or someone else. You must be a historic General if you go that route.

OOC: Alright. I'll be Robert E Lee then. :D

Name: Augustus Barker
Party:Southern Democrats
State: Alabama
Bio: Originally the son of wealthy plantation owners, Augustus Barker later turned to politics. He is both deeply religious, though that is common, and adamantly supportive of slavery. He was one of the first to suggest secession if a Republican was elected president, and now believes that he southern states should do just that.

In as Mr. Johnsson, a politician in Confederate State from the upper-class with right-winged values. Age 45.

Name: David Linton
State: California
Date of Birth: March 19, 1811
Party: Moderate Republican
Bio: Settling in California in 1845, David operated a cattle ranch in northern California. However, it would not be through cattle that David would earn his fortune. 3 years later, gold was discovered in California, triggering the Californian gold rush. As luck would have it, gold was found on David's land. Over night, he changed from being a cattle farmer to a gold tycoon.

Over the next few years, David would continue to expand his gold operations, while at the same time using his wealth to gain influence within California.

By 1849, he was elected to the California Constitutional Convention and in 1950, when California was admitted as a state, he was elected as congressman.

Today, he wishs to focus on the development of California, keeping the state neutral and out of the war.

Last edited:
In as General George B. McClellan.

Congressmen and Military Men only. The Government of the CSA is not formed yet, the election just happened. We need a President-elect Lincoln before I can post the update.

Name: Michael Sephway
Party: Confederate States House of Representatives "Radical"
Bio: Born into a wealthy Southern family dedicated to cotton plantation and always had everything at his disposal. Not wanting the boring life of the Southern Elite he read newspapers with fascination about the Mexican–American War. Against his father wishes who wanted him to be a lawyer or a doctor he joined the military and by the age of 29 reached the rank of Captain.

Name: Alexander Black
State: Virginia
Age (January, 1860): 31, (Born 4 July, 1828)
Party: Democratic (moderate)
Biography: The son of a wealthy plantation owner, Congressman Black was only elected a few years ago, running on a platform of state’s rights and moderation on the issue of slavery (he was also a supporter of the Constitutional Union Party in the last presidential election, declaring that none of the other parties were truly capable of leading, at least not the whole nation). In the wake of recent calls of secession, Congressman Black has declared his loyalty to be, first and foremost, to his state, but has yet to declare his views on breaking from the Union.

Okay, I'll clear some things up.

Right now, there are a few scripted things. The first starting Generals for the USA will be George McClellan (DoomBunny), and General P.G.T. Beauregard for the CSA. Right now, you may not sign up as a new General, but the big names, Jackson, Lee, Grant, Sherman, will pop up when the President's replace them. You may only sign up as a Congressmen right now for the United States, and THEN you break away from the Union.

Name: William Tecumseh Sherman
State: Ohio
Born: February 8, 1820
Party Democratic (moderate)
Bio: While many of his colleagues saw action in the Mexican-American War, Sherman performed administrative duties in the captured territory of California. Sherman earned a promotion to captain for his "meritorious service," but his lack of a combat assignment discouraged him.

Name: Robert E. Lee
State: Virginia
Date of Birth: January 19, 1807
Bio: A veteran of the Mexican-American War, Lee has a certain patriotic fervour not only for his country, but for his home state of Virginia as well. When John Brown attempted to arm a band of slaves with weapons from the Harpers Ferry armory, Lee was the man that led the Virginian militia to arrest the crazed zealot. Now he is torn between both competing sides as the southern and northern states drift farther and farther apart.

Charleston Mercury

South Carolina Secession sparks rest of Deep South to Follow!
8 February, 1861

Since the election of Abraham Lincoln to the White House, the State of South Carolina led the way in 1860 by breaking away from the Union. We here, today, the same newspaper that broke the story of secession, announces that the Government of the Confederate States of America has formed in Montgomery, Alabama. Senator Jefferson Davis has been appointed the President of the Confederate States, and he is currently underway in getting the Government up and running. We hear that General P.G.T. Beauregard has been appointed to Head of the Army, and is currently in South Carolina, monitoring Fort Sumter, which the United States refuses to give up. We, along with the rest of our Southern Comrades, hope that out sisters to the North, the states of Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Kentucky, and Missouri will join us in our cause.

People of the South! As you are surely aware, Abraham Lincoln, a most foul man, who wishes for the complete destruction of our way of life, has recently been elected president! This is completely unacceptable! This man, along with the entire Republican party ,wishes to ban the institution of Slavery all over the country! HE believes that Negros should be considered "fair" and "equal" with True Americans. Well, do you know what I say? I say that we should not take this sitting down! Rise up! Rise up children of the South! Show these Unamerican liberals what us Southerners are made of! These men wish to destroy the Southern way of life, as well as our economy and our social status quo! I urge you all to vote for Secession, and join the true American government.