Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Next DLC title leaked?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime624 View Post
    Great suggestion, but as the base title suggests, the game is supposed to be based around the Crusaders (Catholics) and this system is fairly well developed. If they did improve upon this, I would hope it would be in the form of a patch, not a DLC.
    I imagine the Papacy being overhauled would effect to everyone (i.e muslim decadence may not be a part of christian nation play, but it still impacts the muslim nations regardless). Could be making Theocracies playable or something though.

Time will tell, can't wait.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I hope it's for Orthodox in general. Moscow wasn't called Third Rome until after Constantinople fall but whatever, we need true christian religion to get more love. Vityazs, Mongol Overlords, special inheritance rules.

Also, Lithuania. That's a big state with a habit of changing religion between True Orthodox One, (obviously heretical) Papism and Paganism. Maybe pagans will be enabled as well, don't think they require as much work as Muslims.

Please don't let it be "disable X rulers, implement unnecessary mechanic, require DLC to play X" like Sword of Islam was.

Quote Originally Posted by XRW View Post
    Please don't let it be "disable X rulers, implement unnecessary mechanic, require DLC to play X" like Sword of Islam was.
    Except Muslim rulers weren't playable from the start of CK2 anyways. Yes, you could happen to convert to Muslim, and it's disappointing that you can no longer do so, but PI made a choice and probably figured that the majority of players who weren't going to get the DLC were not interested in playing Muslims at all, not even by conversion. So your whining is unnecessary and factually erroneous to begin with.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    MagickaSemper FiWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    War of the Vikings

sounds like a Byzantine DLC to me, although I would hope for something for the Papacy. Right now one of the most important factors in the (Catholic) Christian world and a major driving force for the Crusades (and their Crusader Kings ) is badly underrepresented gameplay wise.

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Quote Originally Posted by Andretoo View Post
    That's it I'm never sleeping again.
    Except that Paradox has said the pope will never be playable.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Also a major DLC means a major patch, awsome.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You say "Legacy of Rome" I read "playable pagans" because that is all I want to read!!!
    Guilty of complaining in the forums how AI X or Y blobs too much and conquers everything, while playing an OPM or county and proceeding to conquer the world

CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by XRW View Post
    Hum, SoI wasn't like that... it didn't disable X rulers, you can still play muslim characters with a little bit more modding, but you still can.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

interesting...... HRE, ERE or papal dlc?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Prime624 View Post
    I doubt that's what they would label as the Legacy of Rome. The HRE was only Roman in name.
    Keyword here being the 'legacy'. HRE was undoubtedly a remnant (even if slightly removed) of the Roman Empire.

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDaveUK View Post
    Keyword here being the 'legacy'. HRE was undoubtedly a remnant (even if slightly removed) of the Roman Empire.
    If it's a Byzantium/Orthodox overhaul, I'd be tremendously happy with it. I am sure the devs will figure out a sensible way to implement it; for instance by extending the timeline backwards when to play the ERE would be most interesting and make pay for it. This would also pave the way for a proper eventual Pagan DLC, as mostly everybody when thinks 'Pagan' thinks at the Norse.

It would be good as well if it were a set of special mechanics just for the ERE and the HRE, so that the two titles would get a special treatment and were placed above the other set of Empires, with a Translatio Imperii mechanics and such. This would definitely make put an end to the hot debate we've been experiencing between factions pro and against the newly added empires in 1.06.

If a Translatio Imperii mechanics were to be made, I'd suggest that the de jure HRE is renamed 'Empire of Germania', Greece and Anatolia (together with Armenia, Bulgaria, Serbia and Croatia) become the 'Empire of Romania', Italy and Sicily become the new 'Empire of Italia' and the HRE and ERE become 'supertitular' titles that are 'superimposed' on whatever Western or Eastern empire that is at that moment considered to be the most legitimate heir of either half of the Roman Empire.
    CK2 mod: In Novo Iure, Dynamic de jure structure and improved cultural toponymy

Darkest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

I hope it is Byzantines and Orthodox DLC. Maybe there will be possibility to make Pope in Rome vassal as Byzantine Emperor, making him one of the Patriarchs (of course it should give free CB to every catholic so they can free Papacy again).

Crusader Kings IIMagicka

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apg View Post
    interesting...... HRE, ERE or papal dlc?
    ERE is the most requested among the three, I believe. It has always stand between Orthodox or Pagans in the community since the release of SoI.

Darkest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

If it is just music pack for Byzantine/Rome region and they were testing how it sounds it will be so unfun.

Crusader Kings IIMagicka

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccillo Rre View Post
    ...mostly everybody when thinks 'Pagan' thinks at the Norse.
    And we really need to kill that fact...

This is CRUSADER KINGS 2 not Northern Conquests / Axe of Thor / Eye of Odin / Viking Chronicles / Warriors of Valhalla.

Backing the timeline means going from the main theme of this game. Crusades. There are a number of pagans which is considerably more important during CK2 timeline and the cause of many crusades themselves. E.g. the Wendish, the Livonians and the Lithuanian Kingdom, not to mention the Golden Horde or the Cumans.

EDIT: Let's not make this into a debate.
    Last edited by Voy; 14-08-2012 at 12:06.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Voy View Post
    Backing the timeline means going from the main theme of this game. Crusades.
    Not sure I agree with this. The crusades (while being the game's namesake) to me are not a main theme, it is much more like a side quest, a bonus level. A way to have a slight change from intrigue and inter-realm wars.

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Voy View Post
    And we really need to kill that fact...

This is CRUSADER KINGS 2 not Northern Conquests / Axe of Thor / Eye of Odin / Viking Chronicles / Warriors of Valhalla.

Backing the timeline means going from the main theme of this game. Crusades. There are a number of pagans which is considerably more important during CK2 timeline and the cause of many crusades themselves. E.g. the Wendish, the Livonians and the Lithuanian Kingdom, not to mention the Golden Horde or the Cumans.

EDIT: Let's not make this a debate.
    I think you are right. And playing with Baltic Pagans would be fun as hell.

But DLCs are supposed to extend the game, right? I see no harm in extending the game 100 years backwards, starting in say 966 with the HRE just (re-)born and Basilios II nominally on the Byzantine throne, it would make no harm. It's just about extending a little more the preparation period before the Crusades, and the 1066 start would still be available for others. In addition, there would be the last songs of the Norse bards up there in the north for us to play.

More than that, my issue is that 100 years before 1066 the Muslim states are larger and more powerful, one would need a balancing solution otherwise. That's also why 100 years and no more than that, no Charlemagne or even Dark Ages as the Muslims would be too powerful in comparison, the focus on Crusades would be lost and the main campaign would be too long.

P.S. I don't see why you don't want a debate on this. You started the issue, it would be like wanting to have the last word on it at all costs.
    CK2 mod: In Novo Iure, Dynamic de jure structure and improved cultural toponymy

I'm personally hoping for some Orthodox (ERE) love. Playing as an Orthodox is kinda bland, since you lack anything special to your religion. Catholics got all the same features as Orthodoxy, oh and of course popes, anti-popes, holy orders and crusades. Also ERE might need an overhaul, since it is getting ripped to pieces by the Muslims before 1100 in half the games I am in.

Maybe we are getting both HRE and ERE expansion in one DLC? That would be pretty nice. If not, I am leaning towards ERE being the ones in most need of a fix, and most likely to get it.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast