• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(201662)

Major
13 Badges
Mar 31, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • East India Company Collection
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
[h=3]1.0.22773.3[/h] by castewarkp » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:39 pm
------

Critical fixes:
+ Added a fix for old save games that would crash when reloaded.

Other fixes:
+ Addressed odd rider behaviour when carriers were captured.
+ Clients now receive Intel reports again.
+ Fixed incorrect post-combat data being displayed for meteor encounters.
+ Fixed retreat missions that were mistakenly labelled as piracy missions.

Other Changes and Additions:
+ The game version is now displayed on the main menu.

You should mention the :

"Known issues:
- There is an issue with the upgrade of old save games that will lead to various forms of crashes while playing. Until this is resolved, only new games should be attempted."

That where stated in 1.0.22773.2, and together with this 1.0.22773.3 is crashing savegames...

Nice that they are fixing stuff, but start all over all the time... is getting harder....

Turn processing times = fail

Turn processing speed still = fail.

I played about 18 turns and turned it off. Waiting for that patch message that says turn speed greatly enhanced.

Turn processing speed still = fail.

I played about 18 turns and turned it off. Waiting for that patch message that says turn speed greatly enhanced.

18 turns?
I find that hard to belive, unless you have crap hardware. I find on my old gaming laptop that game slowdowns begins around turn 75 in a 6player map, and on my new hw around turn 140 on same map.

BUT turn times are to slow (and that big waittime after battle is.. annoying!), some other things to mention is that going into systems and swapping systems are SLOW! Fleet overview is SLOW to load (I have around 1k ships, loads of defence fleet and around 40-50 aktive fleets), and when you sort on the fleet overview it take like 20 sec just to swap from colo to constuctors (and there is a bug there, you have to press show all before selecting a new category). Why just don't cash the fleets every turn, should be done in millisecs (read from db) and then sort in memory, quick as ... yea! Same with all much of the other information.

Turn times are to slow :D

18 turns?
I find that hard to belive, unless you have crap hardware. I find on my old gaming laptop that game slowdowns begins around turn 75 in a 6player map, and on my new hw around turn 140 on same map.

BUT turn times are to slow (and that big waittime after battle is.. annoying!), some other things to mention is that going into systems and swapping systems are SLOW! Fleet overview is SLOW to load (I have around 1k ships, loads of defence fleet and around 40-50 aktive fleets), and when you sort on the fleet overview it take like 20 sec just to swap from colo to constuctors (and there is a bug there, you have to press show all before selecting a new category). Why just don't cash the fleets every turn, should be done in millisecs (read from db) and then sort in memory, quick as ... yea! Same with all much of the other information.

Turn times are to slow :D

Well then you find it hard to believe because I am packing a I7 at 4.3 ghz 16 GB of ram and 4 SSD in Raid 0 with an nvidia 580. My drive throughput is capable of over 700 Mb sec sustained and I have a raid IOP controller to handle the IO's.

There have been many times in the past where the game ran with acceptable turn times, many patches ago. It has got way worse.

Well then you find it hard to believe because I am packing a I7 at 4.3 ghz 16 GB of ram and 4 SSD in Raid 0 with an nvidia 580. My drive throughput is capable of over 700 Mb sec sustained and I have a raid IOP controller to handle the IO's.

There have been many times in the past where the game ran with acceptable turn times, many patches ago. It has got way worse.

Ahh.. pretty simular HW to me (I7 at 3.7GHz, 12GB ram, 1 ssd (os), and 2TB x2 Raid 0 and SLI Nvida 580 :D).

And yes, turn times have been better and have had become worse now. It is likely loads of debug and check procedure during turns in the current version. I do work as DBA(specialty are performance tuning), and finding a slowdown like this strange... Saving games is the only thing that is fast for me :D
But like I said, showing a list of all fleets ingame, use like 20 sec to load, and if you press to sort, it uses another 20 sec... reading a list of fleets (say 50) with sort properties from a DB would take a few millisec (even when running on client hardware) and in-memory sort would make sorting and selection of fleet instant (and even requery the DB would not take more than a few millisec).