• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The place where we should build the outpost is around O2 or P2? Am I way off?

The orange area is the base (that you have to defend). The dotted lines around it and the Barracks/Air Field have to be "build" by the engineers. Please defend them, they are so young. Oh, you`re too. Then be double careful.

So do we consult each other in this thread about deployments, or do we just generally encircle the camp at key locations on our own initiative? I never participated in the original Vietnam game, so sorry if these questions are a little stupid :p

So do we consult each other in this thread about deployments, or do we just generally encircle the camp at key locations on our own initiative?

The best Idea, IMHP, is if we at the start of every deployment figure out a general strategy. Fx: 1. 2. and 3 Platoon engage the enemy while 4, 5 and 6th Platoon defend the HQ.

So do we consult each other in this thread about deployments, or do we just generally encircle the camp at key locations on our own initiative? I never participated in the original Vietnam game, so sorry if these questions are a little stupid :p

No problem. And indeed the players start at O13 in this scenario and have to cooperate to set up a defence. You are the players, so play it. But don`t worry, this scenario is meant to be a tutorial, so everyone can get used to the game. :)

I'd suggest a platoon on each side of perimeter, preferably with a distance between themselves and the perimeter, with another platoon sent forward to the G15 T junction as a forward position, and another in reserve at the base.

Tactical v2.jpg

I think we should place our Platoons like the black spots on my map.

I'd suggest a platoon on each side of perimeter, preferably with a distance between themselves and the perimeter, with another platoon sent forward to the G15 T junction as a forward position, and another in reserve at the base.

Sounds like a good idea. However, the junction on the east perimeter is very close to the base itself, and can prove to be a problem. We can deploy a platoon on each side of the base, a platoon at the Q15 junction with the ability to deploy into the houses on the western side of the road, and a final platoon either in reserve or deployed around J20, as they will have an early warning to any VCs moving north on that road and will have the bonus of being concealed. They can also prevent any attacks coming from the gap on the outskirts of the city near O23.

EDIT: Also, Hygge, that leaves our southern and eastern flanks heavily exposed.

DOUBLE EDIT: More input from other platoon leaders?

Last edited:
Just a last explanation before I go offline:

For Movement/Firing purposes a horizontal / vertical square counts as 1 square, a diagonal square counts as 1.5 squares

Movement
Each Platoon may move up to 5 squares.

What I mean is: In one turn you can move for example 5 squares horizontally (5 x 1 = 5) or three squares diagonally (3 x 1.5 = 4.5) or two squares diagonally and two squares vertically (2 x 1.5 + 2 x 1 = 5) or any other combination, as long as the sum of the crossed squares does not exceed 5.

Greetings

Last edited:
Tactical.jpg

Here's my rough idea for setup.

Tactical.jpg

Here's my rough idea for setup.

I like. :p

Now, which platoons will get each position? I honestly don't care where I'm placed, as long as I get to see action at one point or another :D

Third Platoon would like to take to take the south western position among the village. I also think we should name one of the six Platoon leaders First Lieutenant who will have the last word in cases of disagreement. I nominate Doomie for that Position, if we decide to do it.

I agree, Doom would make an excellent overall leader.

5th Platoon shall take the northern perimeter (N-7).

Last edited:
Well, if I'm going to be our first among equals, as you all seem so keen on me being, then I guess I better take first and hold as the reserve near the HQ?

4th Platoon volounteers for f15 There since we are furtherest away from the Engineers we will hold least blame if they get shot up hopefully.

And if you see any VCs attempting to get past you, you're not going to just kindly step aside and let them pass. :p

Also, Doom, sounds like a plan.

And Gradiant, you can have the southeastern part. I'll edit my other post.

Thandros, if you wouldn't mind taking the Western perimeter, that would be great.