• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Both squads of 5th Platoon hold position. Entrench in the center of the town.

Update

After a time of combat, the area now was peaceful again, with civilians coming out of their hiding places. 5th Platoon secured Song Can while 3rd Platoon established its position in Cam Tay. 1st, 2nd and 6th Platoon advanced deeper into the woods, but could not detect any hints for an enemy presence.

In the meantime, 4th Platoon arrived at the junction south of Cam Tay, where the remaining M113 were waiting and immediately began to build a checkpoint. Maybe half an hour later they heard a noise from the east, that became louder fast and could be identified as helicopters. In the next moment the radio crackled:

"Bravo, this is Captain Stuckenschmidt. Battalion told me that there is no evidence for further Viet Cong presence in the area. A platoon of the 66th Engineer is en route to your position to finish the checkpoint while Charlie-Company of the 1st Battalion is on its way to secure the area and take over your positions. Time to pack your bags and return to base. Repeat: This is an RTB order. See you at the Debriefing."

(OOC: Second mission accomplished. Tomorrow I`ll post one or two more additions to the rules and then I`ll work on the next scenario)

Last edited:
Good job Gentlemen. Tea and biscuits to sink a battleship when we're back at base.

Debriefing

Gentlemen,

first of all congratulations for an all in all good work during the last mission. Although our forces, including the Platoon from 1st Battalion, suffered casualties of 3 killed and 7 wounded, we caused 28 dead Viet Cong. 23 of them will be added to our score, three to the APCs and two to the Hueys. Additionally we could capture 7 Viet Cong who are currently interrogated. An unknown number of Charlies could escape to the southwest.

Another good news: 3rd Platoon will get a replacement and thus be at full strength again.

Nevertheless a few critical comments. Lieutenant Bunny, you already had half a Platoon at F12 who could have started building the checkpoint and there was no imminent threat to your force, so working on the mission objective would have been the more fortunate choice.

Lieutenant Gradiant, as I said we were in the offensive in this mission. And if we are to build entrenchments, we should do it on proper ground. I appreciate your desire to minimize casualties, but we will have to seek Charlie out there and unfortunately not all of our young men will come home alive.

Apart from these minor issues I saw good performance. Battalion told me to express its satisfaction with our campaign achievements so far. I don`t know how long it will be until our next mission, but get some rest until then.

Dismissed

Captain Stuckenschmidt
CO B-Company, 2nd Battalion

Vietnam Wargame 2 - Patch 1.02

As I said, there is a small change in the rules concerning movement in woods, that is now "slower".

Rules said:
For Movement/Firing purposes a horizontal / vertical square counts as 1 square, a diagonal square counts as 1.5 squares. The exception are Wood squares, that count as 1.5 respectively 2 squares for movement purposes only.

I see.

Great debriefing as well Stuckenschmidt. I await the next mission. :D

Pre-Briefing

Gentlemen,

we will have no break and another mission right tomorrow morning. Battalion informed me, that the captured Viet Cong unveiled, that a considerable strong VC-force is still in the woods southwest of Cam Tay. Battalion wants this force to be eliminated.

Thus it has announced Operation “Blacksmith”. Charlie and Delta-Company will be “Hammer”, Bravo-Company “Anvil”. “Hammer” will attack from the positions we have secured and push westward. Our position will be off the western edge of the woods to prevent VC-forces from leaving the area.

This will be an Air Assault Operation and our Company will be transported to the Operation Area via helicopter. Unfortunately only two Platoons can be transported at the same time. The first two platoons to arrive there will have to hold the ground all alone until the next wave arrives.

To be honest: It will be a dangerous situation and high casualties must be expected. Thus I ask for two volunteer Platoons for the first wave.

Captain Stuckenschmidt
CO Bravo-Company / 2nd Battalion

Hmmm... I suppose I will volunteer as the first wave?

That`s the spirit, Gentlemen.

1st wave: 3rd and 5th Platoon
2nd wave: 1st and 2nd Platoon
3rd wave: 4th and 6th Platoon

(OOC: I guess we`ll begin the next mission tomorrow afternoon, for I still have some things to prepare)

I'd be glad to do it.

Unless you want a sub for 3rd as well? :)