• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arizal

Field Marshal
100 Badges
Aug 9, 2006
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • PDXCon 2019 "King"
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Deus Vult
  • Sengoku
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Surviving Mars
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
Just to explain, I'm doing a game started with a count in the ERE, and his dynasty became the principal dynasty of the empire (except that I didn't overthrew the emperor... yet). I used the CK2+ mod for the patch just before SoI (because I wasn't to scrap my game and apparently the muslims are just too strong in this version). I was in the early 1300 when my ruler died after more than 50 years of good rule, having inherited the throne of the Nicean kingdom at the age of two. The only problem was that he didn't have a male heir. So his daughter inherited. BUT, just a little more than one month later, the previous wife of my king gave birth to a boy!

However, the lady reigns now since more than 20 years and never once did she had been overthrew in favour of her little half-brother which is a duke. Her heir is her kid and the little brother is in third place. Isn't it sad that I didn't had any kind of rebellion for this reason? This guy would have, had I been in SoI, something like a giga-claim on my whole despotate, but nobody seems to have seen this. The emperor could, had he been wise and the game had given him the opporunity to do so, have destroyed my realm unity which is now more than half of the empire and avoided the very possible outcome that I will at somepoint overthrow his dynasty. I would add that, had these option existed, I would probably have done everything in my power to suppress the threath, but now I had no incentive.

So, I just want a mechanic to represent the greater legitimacy of this son than my current ruler's and the oddity that is her reign.

That would require a revamp of the way claims are handed down. IRL, the kid brother would have a less legit claim the moment the queens son was born as now she would be holding it in regency. In game, he lost any claim he would've had by being born post-father even in 1.06.