Europa Universalis IV Screenshots Megathread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That looks just terrible. Instead of converting eu3 map to ck2 graphics PDS should convert vic2 map to ck2 graphics also why is Sardinia is one province and Sweden full of small provinces...

Also Lapland borders makes me cry :(
Well, Victoria 2 doesn't actually look any more accurate. I think they were drunk when they compiled the data for the US. The mount ranges, state borders, rivers, shapes, all way off.

*Before anyone goes off, the Victoria 2 map was compiled by a group of modders.

I"m going to get flamed for this probably but the trade lanes remind me of Total War, not that I'm complaining of course, it is nice seeing them so we can see where things are well wandering off to.

So not liking the whole having to wait till next year to see this beautiful map and play on it :)

Well, the terrain looks indeed very pretty, but the coastal lines are not detailed enough, neither the provincial borders. This is only my taste though, I may will change before the final release...

Now you don't know that, do you? ;-) We are putting effort into making the map look great and still be useful.

Well hopefully you did that too with all your former games. Haven't succeded yet.

I certainly hope you do. It's great and all with a beautiful map, but I hope (as you also mention) you make it playable, having enough information on map to play 99% of the game on that, beautiful map. (it certainly is)

Well, the terrain looks indeed very pretty, but the coastal lines are not detailed enough, neither the provincial borders. This is only my taste though, I may will change before the final release...

Well, the provincemap is 5632x2048 pixels. And so are all other textures for the world. Trees, colormaps, heightmap etc. And this is already pushing the limit for what most graphics cards can do. We would LOVE to have higher resolution for the map, and will as soon as there is a viable solution.

Well, the provincemap is 5632x2048 pixels. And so are all other textures for the world. Trees, colormaps, heightmap etc. And this is already pushing the limit for what most graphics cards can do. We would LOVE to have higher resolution for the map, and will as soon as there is a viable solution.
The problem is not with the resolution, but with the work of details. The resolution is fine. But how can you not see more islands in Dalmatia for example? Maybe it's only because the images are resized but it seems to me that the coastline could be made more detailed. Currently it seems like the EU3 map with nicer textures and 3D.

So beautiful.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

It looks geat. Can't wait to see how this map will look in the end. :) Is it only me or does it look like you can only settle down close to the sea in Africa?

Updated the main page with the new stuff.

Well, Victoria 2 doesn't actually look any more accurate. I think they were drunk when they compiled the data for the US. The mount ranges, state borders, rivers, shapes, all way off.

*Before anyone goes off, the Victoria 2 map was compiled by a group of modders.

In defense of the modders, the map was designed with the limitations of V1 in mind. Additionally the terrain and rivers were made by PI, not the modders. The modder actually made a mod for V2 that fixed PI's botched rivers.

So happy to see this in development. Hopefully there is a new HoI in the works, too.

No there's not. They already said that they're tired of the WWII era.