Europa Universalis IV Screenshots Megathread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You never know whats gonna happen so better take notice early on.

Well, there were complaints about the ugliness of the CK2 map at this stage in development, and that evolved to be fine... I wouldn't worry about the map, they'll make it OK. They know what they're doing.

I really miss those old style paradox maps that actually felt like they belonged in the game. Sure the map is nice, I suppose, but for a game about High middle age Europe to pre-industralism, a satellite map feels really wrong. I know I"m in the minority and my opinion won't effect the outcome of the game, but hopefully there will be mods to fix the map.

I really miss those old style paradox maps that actually felt like they belonged in the game. Sure the map is nice, I suppose, but for a game about High middle age Europe to pre-industralism, a satellite map feels really wrong. I know I"m in the minority and my opinion won't effect the outcome of the game, but hopefully there will be mods to fix the map.
I loved how in Divine Wind, the map really looked like a map. Folded up on a big table or something. Then again, the proper hills we see in EU IV looks amazing.

Are those more islands I spot in the Southern Atlantic Ocean?

That looks just terrible. Instead of converting eu3 map to ck2 graphics PDS should convert vic2 map to ck2 graphics also why is Sardinia is one province and Sweden full of small provinces...

Because Sweden is a lot more important to this era than Sardinia?

I like those trade lanes on the map, looks great.

I agree with this, but also have to accept that I'm probably also a minority.

Here's me hoping for a flat map option, since the hills of CKII really annoys me

I agree with this, but also have to accept that I'm probably also a minority.

Here's me hoping for a flat map option, since the hills of CKII really annoys me

I 'gree with this as well.

But I will make a high-res mountains mod when the game is released. ;)

Because Sweden is a lot more important to this era than Sardinia?

It certainly is for the developers of the game :)

I agree with a more simple mapmode. A drawed map, that looks like something used in 1400-1800. 7 map modes? Why not 1 that actually works? Anyway what's all the fuzz with the terrain map mode? Does anyone use it? I always play on political. And it bothers me that I have to change between that and the religious among others because the map reveals zero information.

You might be right, but I used the terrain map mode for weather data. A smart combined "max supply limit/max attrition/weather" map mode would be nice. The SOI map mode (If SOI is still a concept) could be combined with the "diplomatical relations" map mode. And for bigger countries the "revolt risk" map mode is a must have!

Edit: I started a thread about map modes :)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?625919-Which-map-modes-do-you-want-to-see

Last edited:
The map looks nice. I guess I'm kind of underwhelmed by the scale though. I expected larger land masses and more provinces to play in, but it seems like there are less compared to EU3 let alone the games that came after. I don't want to call it a step back so early in development, but the pics seem to show a regression in this area imho.

Those sexy sex unit models can't wait