• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

untaladro

Sergeant
6 Badges
Dec 14, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
It's clear to me that Paradox doesn't want the work put into the cancelled Magna Mundi The Game go to waste, and they want to make EUIV out of it. I'm not criticizing Paradox, I just hope they keep the high standard set by Magna Mundi, and that EUIV resembles more EU3 with the MM mod than EU3 vanilla. The cancelled game had such nice features, I hope paradox will use them, and learn about the balance and historical plausibility of MM. The MM mod gave me 5x times more fun than the vanilla game.

It's clear to me that you don't know what you're talking about! If asked for concrete evidence which shows that they used the awful Magna Mundi project as a basis for EU4, you will provide nothing.

It's clear to me that Paradox doesn't want the work put into the cancelled Magna Mundi The Game go to waste, and they want to make EUIV out of it. I'm not criticizing Paradox, I just hope they keep the high standard set by Magna Mundi, and that EUIV resembles more EU3 with the MM mod than EU3 vanilla. The cancelled game had such nice features, I hope paradox will use them, and learn about the balance and historical plausibility of MM. The MM mod gave me 5x times more fun than the vanilla game.

They have already said they aren't going to use things from MM in EUIV.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/europauniversalisiv/interviews.html

Strategy Informer: Need to quickly touch on a sour note: Obviously the Magna Mundi project was cancelled a short while ago. Tragic, but the ultimate result is a half-finished game with what I assume are some good ideas knocking about not doing anything. Did you ever consider allowing any of the concepts in that project to live on in EU4?

Johan Andersson: No.

They have already said they aren't going to use things from MM in EUIV.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/europauniversalisiv/interviews.html

well i read that, but then i also read that they are using somewhat 'deterministic' events for each country, to give the country being played more character, i think that was always a big part of MM.

I would like to see factions and corruption in EU4, as i think ruling your country can feel somewhat bland without those things, country 'blandness' is one of the reason why i dont play EU anymore - there just isnt enough going on within your country.

Yet the above will never come to fruition so i hope the devs can show us how running a country will be more interesting and diverse in EU4.

Johan was already talking about the new project that was going to be announced on gamescon on twitter several months before the suspicions of Magna Mundi's cancellation arisen.

As someone who knows a thing or two about the MM project, I will comment. This idea that EU4 is 'MM reborn' has been brought up before and the thread will doubtless be locked as Linda previously expressed an interest in keeping the discussion about EU4. With that said, my personal opinion is that EU4 is not in any way MM reborn, nor should it be.

From what I understand, EU4 has been in development for quite some time, and it's not as if Paradox lacks talented designers like Chris King with their own ideas and priorities. Never mind the fact that EU3 was always a much more sandboxy and open game and EU4 would most likely be in the same vein.

I doubt anything from MM can even be salvaged, even if Paradox wanted to, while there's even the hint of a lawsuit around it, since that would just embroil the much more important EU4 franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.