+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MEIOU for EU4

MEIOU for EU4

Still wayy too early, but any desire to eventually move MEIOU to EU4 or will it stay an EUIII mod?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The game is for next year. And your asking now?!?!?!?!

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    It is not a pointless discussion. If there is a plan on making MEIOU for EU4, which I guess Gigau as long as he will have the time will want at least to fulfill his "cartographer's creativity" (hopefully I'm not wrong - not that the others concepts and parts of MEIOU are less worthy) then I think it would make some sense to plan on a "definite/final" version of MEIOU for DW to finally crown all the achievements of this beautiful mod. Especially now that, with EU4 coming, we can foresee the arrival of the final 5.2 patch. And if it's the case, a community discussion on the order of priorities would not be a bad thing.

Otherwise, we can stick to EU3 and a continuous growth of MEIOU, I'm in, but I don't know how many others would be too. I for myself will preorder EU4 and as we don't really know what there will be in in the end, I think it's a honest opinion to say that I cannot guarantee I'll stick to EU3 and MEIOU.
    CK2 mod: In Novo Iure, Dynamic de jure structure and improved cultural toponymy

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Also need to see what EU4 is actually going to be before we can begin to think about what a mod would want to add to it. Maybe everything MEIOU does will already be in the game anyways.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Having seen the map for EU4, I've gotta say Meiou has spoilt me: EU4 doesn't have enough detail for me.

Every time I see the Meiou map, particularly of the HRE, Britain or Carribean islands, I get a chubby. It's the best game map I've ever seen.

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    Having seen the map for EU4, I've gotta say Meiou has spoilt me: EU4 doesn't have enough detail for me.

Every time I see the Meiou map, particularly of the HRE, Britain or Carribean islands, I get a chubby. It's the best game map I've ever seen.
    Agreed, but all this comes at a cost - for instance it slows down the colonization game a lot, sometimes little cities are hard to click. It's not casual that Paradox chose that size/number of provinces.

I think one should rethink how to improve on the EU4 map after the game comes out given its features, a total "new MEIOU" with no innovations would not be totally good I think.
    CK2 mod: In Novo Iure, Dynamic de jure structure and improved cultural toponymy

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

After all the hard work Gigau and crew have put into MEIOU for EUIII-- I'm sure the idea of starting over completely from scratch on a new Europa Universalis would be a bit demoralizing. Besides, who knows how the game will play now that Paradox has gotten into the DLC mess, can wreak havoc for modders.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by UlrichVonBaden View Post
    After all the hard work Gigau and crew have put into MEIOU for EUIII-- I'm sure the idea of starting over completely from scratch on a new Europa Universalis would be a bit demoralizing. Besides, who knows how the game will play now that Paradox has gotten into the DLC mess, can wreak havoc for modders.
    There are some "experts" over in the eu4 forum who claim porting a map like MEIOU is simple and fast and worse case starting over is fairly simple. These same experts also claim that EU4 should have new mods and that apparently new mods are fairly easy to make.

I just wish some of these people had actually worked on a custom map. I have and I know how much time and effort gigau and others have spent.

I really hope Paradox does not make the eu4 map engine non compatible with out a offsetting major functional improvement in how the map works. In other words don't make it look the same but work entirely different for no reason.

I guess we will simply have to wait and see.

For now I am going to avoid the eu4 forum and try to let my blood pressure drop back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by UlrichVonBaden View Post
    Since that will still be Cllausewitz the MEIOU for EU4 will rather be a conversion than a restart. Most of the mod will be reuseable by a Ctrl+C Ctrl+V with minimal editing. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by VI Imre View Post
    Since that will still be Cllausewitz the MEIOU for EU4 will rather be a conversion than a restart. Most of the mod will be reuseable by a Ctrl+C Ctrl+V with minimal editing. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.
    Please help me understand the Clausewitz versions.

I think DW used a different Clausewitz version than earlier EU3 expansions - is this true?

Is the Clausewitz version used by EU3 DW the same to be used by EU4? I thought I read some where that CK2 used a different version of Clausewitz and maybe EU4 would follow CK2 in which case maybe things will not be so simple to reuse? Especially the map?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    Please help me understand the Clausewitz versions.

I think DW used a different Clausewitz version than earlier EU3 expansions - is this true?

Is the Clausewitz version used by EU3 DW the same to be used by EU4? I thought I read some where that CK2 used a different version of Clausewitz and maybe EU4 would follow CK2 in which case maybe things will not be so simple to reuse? Especially the map?

Mmmmh. CK2 uses more or less the same files as DW - the main difference is in the normal height map, that generates the 3D reliefs.

we don't even know what needs to be fixed in the game, its features, and what needs to be added, lol.

Do we even know its timeframe?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    we don't even know what needs to be fixed in the game, its features, and what needs to be added, lol.

1444-1789 is the most probable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post

If they reuse the past EU3 expansions as they have said then we will see the Napoleonic era as well.

they specifically said there would be no Napoleonic era. So we dont know.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Just came back from the Medieval Fair in Bouillon. So for now, before going to bed, i'll answer to just this thread, and will try to reply to the other threads tomorrow evening, after work.

I'm really excited about EUIV. I'll pre-order it, and why not attempt to make it to the beta (although i might lack the necessary time).

Will MEIOU be ported ? good question. If it were to come out now, i'd say i'd definitely be starting with making a map mod for starters.

Then, after some playing and discussions on the forum, i'm going to see what the new game brings, what can be removed, added or adapted in the mod.

As for people possibly saying that new mods should arise and not old ones get adapted.... well, the main reason i make MEIOU is to have fun. If people don't want to use it, it's their right. So is mine to make the mod i want... especially if there are some players that want to play it.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Just came back from the Medieval Fair in Bouillon. So for now, before going to bed, i'll answer to just this thread, and will try to reply to the other threads tomorrow evening, after work.

I'm really excited about EUIV. I'll pre-order it, and why not attempt to make it to the beta (although i might lack the necessary time).

Will MEIOU be ported ? good question. If it were to come out now, i'd say i'd definitely be starting with making a map mod for starters.

Then, after some playing and discussions on the forum, i'm going to see what the new game brings, what can be removed, added or adapted in the mod.

As for people possibly saying that new mods should arise and not old ones get adapted.... well, the main reason i make MEIOU is to have fun. If people don't want to use it, it's their right. So is mine to make the mod i want... especially if there are some players that want to play it.
    It would be fantastic if MEIOU would be ported to EU4... Because if it isn't, I'm going to have to stick with EU3.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

Quote Originally Posted by NorwayBernd View Post
    It would be fantastic if MEIOU would be ported to EU4... Because if it isn't, I'm going to have to stick with EU3.
    Have to second this, the map is just too good.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Same here, no MEIOU in EU4, not going to play EU4. It's as easy as that!
    MEIOU cookie • From Gigau.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Definitely want a version of MEIOU in EU4. I can't play without your map now - in terms of the rest of the content, it will make sense to see what has changed in the game before porting everything directly - some parts may no longer be necessary and others might have easier ways of doing them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast