+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A pagan Europe

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

A pagan Europe

Well I am currently playing a campaign as Lithuania (started in 1356) and I am in the process of re-converting all of my provinces to Baltic pagan. I am going to try and convert the majority of Europe to paganism yet again, but it is proving to be rather difficult, and I am simply re-converting my own provinces right now. Poland with their PU war right at the get go with the Orders as their allies, it's quite interesting. Anyone have any advice as to how to go about converting these heretics to believing in multiple gods yet again?

I always enjoyed the concept of giving the Christian faiths of Europe (mainly Catholicism) a taste of their own brutality as a pagan country, it just wasn't as "enjoyable" with an Islamic nation, because in the end it's still the same Abrahamic God, and they were just as brutal as their Christian counterparts in many instances (in regards to conversion, conquest etc...).

Ship Simulator Extremes

If I'm not mistaken, Pagan countries have the decision to revert back to catholicism if they border a catholic country. The AI always seems to take it so you should either remove the decision or snake your way around Europe to remove such borders.

The only feasable way to convert them though is to annex and release as vassals since you are completely different religious groups.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yes, I am afraid I may have to give up the dream of converting the majority of Europe to paganism without the aid of consul cheats, because it's VERY difficult. If I am not dealing with revolts I am dealing with multiple holy wars at any given time. I am going to continue trying, however I am not so sure of my chances....

Don't You have a holy war CB? Also- You can expand on the east for some time until You're big and powerful enough to convert whole western Europe.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    Pagans and Hindus do not get Holy War.
    They don't? I thought...
    Code:
    AND = {
        NOT = { religion_group = christian }
        secularism_theocracy = 1
        THIS = { religion_group = christian }
    }
    ... would let them get them get it against Christians (and Muslims for the matching condition).
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Croÿ, Willems-Hopegood)

Ship Simulator Extremes

It wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong. That said I tend to have Secular empires.

Well- giving pagans HW would be fair at least (Lithuania is too often crushed in first few years) altogether with some bonuses.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Yes but I cannot think of any historical examples of a Pagan country waging Holy War in this timeframe.

Because Lithuania was only Pagan country existing by this time :P It can be some other CB- Lithuania was conquering Ruthenian lands without thinking about infamy- whole Europe (and big part of Asia) hated them.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Lithuania gets the Holy War cb... just need to be theocratic enough. I won't make an exception just because it's the only pagan nation left in Europe.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Ok. But consider strengthening them... they tend to get destroyed in first months sometimes.

95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxer5 View Post
    Ok. But consider strengthening them... they tend to get destroyed in first months sometimes.
    Not sure how yet, but i don't think that giving them the holy war cb will solve their weakness (weakness which is all relative, given the Lithuanian expansions that i witness in y test games).
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

I suppose it's like with Hungary- sometimes they stagnate but mostly they blob (most of people see them blobbing though). I wouldn't mind Lithuania reduced to OPM (not so fast though...) but it happens too often. How about increasing strength of their forts until they Christianize?

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    Not sure why increase the fort defenses...
    •

Well- they won't blob to hell but they'll be harder to conquer.

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    I'm not fond of the idea. Let me do some research...
    •

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    I'm not fond of the idea. Let me do some research...
    If my time playing Crusader Kings II can count as research, Pagans are a pain in the proverbial to conquer because those darned Warrior Cults give them massive amounts of troops to defend their lands.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Croÿ, Willems-Hopegood)

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    Don't know if it counts per se, but at least, it gives me a lead
    •

I've seen (only seen) CK2 game where Prussians crushed Poland and made huge pagan empire. Whole eastern Europe was pagan...

My idea about strengthening forts is clearly for game only- I know it doesn't make much sense, but fall of such big country in few months seriously disturbs the balance in whole Europe. Try to give them Catholic religion for a while and let's see how long they can survive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast