+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid Italian AI massing in Albania

Stupid Italian AI massing in Albania

I'm playing Germany '36 campaign. Just done conquering Yougoslavia and Greece in June 40. The Italian AI has moved into Greece from Albania during the fighting but now it's been over for a month and it still it keeps a huge (almost all of it) part of its army in Albania. Meanwhile Italy is already getting kicked out of Africa and Sardinia....!
    Am I mistaken of there is no way for me to influence the Italian AI ?

Heading to the DANGER ZONE... Wraith11B's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2500k club

Place some allied objectives in places where you want them to go (for instance, Alexandria).

how do I do that ? I tried everything on the Theater mode screen...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Select a province and there's an arrow at bottom right of the province window, there you can set the objective, pick Italy's flag and then you can do it for multiple provinces if you wish to.

oooh ok, right, thanks.
    hopefully that will help Italy realize it doesnt need to keep 80% of its armed forces in Albania !

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by alexor View Post
    oooh ok, right, thanks.
    hopefully that will help Italy realize it doesnt need to keep 80% of its armed forces in Albania !
    Don't get too optimistic.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

In my current Japan game (3.05) Italy is massing HQs in Greece and Albania, but no actual divisions.
    "A series of parabolas is plotted out, the mortar supporting one leg and exploding Germans supporting the opposite. Ask a Russian engineer to design you a shoe, and he'll give you something that looks like the box the shoe came in. Ask him to design something that will slaughter Germans, and he turns into Thomas ----ing Edison."
    óNeal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

A Mari Usque Ad Mare: a Canada Flavour Mod for Vicky II. Now updated for AHD!

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2

I dont know, it sounds to me like the AI is living up to expectations of the Italian Army.

Field Marshal
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by 21oliver View Post
    I dont know, it sounds to me like the AI is living up to expectations of the Italian Army.
    In-game the Italian forces perform way too good, compared to real history... Italian AI should be nerfed...
    "Write a narration", they said.
    "Get more views", they said.
    "It'll drain your time", they didn't say.

You're nuts! Ikar has made his own inkwell!

15/04/2013 & 10/7/2014 - Fan of the Week (KLorberau & Belgiumruler)

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2

agreed. BUt thats the problem with the system, ive been arguing the point forever. The way the game is set up essentially all troops everywhere are basically equal until teched. I think at units creation They should have modifiers seperating them. Col Trevor Dupuy's statistical analysis had the German soldier worth about 1.3 Western Ally and 3-4 Soviets. So as an example (fake made up numbers) the German say infantry brigade could start with a rating 3-4x higher then the Soviets (pre techs) with the allies somewhere in between, and other nations placed in where appropriate. This would be a reflection on Leadership/Officer Corps/Years of experience/Proper equipment/Support etc....

+ Reply to Thread