• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

King

Part Time Game Designer
11 Badges
Dec 7, 2001
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
My turn again so here you go:

"You need to grow your empire home and abroad"

My turn again so here you go:

"You need to grow your empire home and abroad"

Wow, totally sold it there. Is there any Paradox game this couldn't be?

Eu4

what is "abroad" in Rome?

Sigh, I fold. EU IV

I Fear you might be right. I just died a little inside.

However I still have faith in this title! It will be awesome to say the least, lets hope they dont disprove me

Sounds like Sims 4...but i go with EUIV :)

My hopes were on a Rome 2 with a plan of modular DLCs to extend the timeline further into the early Dark Ages. Now this hope is being totally frustrated by this hint, as Rome 2 is not going to be likely: everything points to EU4 and a new engine. Which is very good news indeed, but I am still planning to make awesome games with EU3 5.2 and MEIOU, I thought that EU4 would have still needed some time before coming to light and I really wish a new character-based Rome and possibly Dark Ages game.

Unless, 'home and abroad' means you are playing a faction inside a Mediterranean state and you need to get things like proconsular provincial titles or things like you have to develop both your Germanic tribe Heimat as well as your newly conquered homeland, but I doubt it and the latter would be quite ahistorical in the context of the so-called "migration period".

But why was Johan, if I remember correctly, reading a book on the migration period? Just to make fun of me? :D

this one sounds weird indeed...growing the empire abroad, does that mean a new system to get barbarian territory in Rome 2 or colonisation in EU4 O_O aaargh

...But why was Johan, if I remember correctly, reading a book on the migration period? Just to make fun of me? :D

Because its a tremendously intressting period? And ill read that book point me to it!

Something with colonies. Pleeeassseee let it be EU4!

Dunno why you guys are putting down Rome 2. Growing an empire at home and abroad is exactly what Rome was about. In response to the comment about what's "abroad" about Rome, you might say what's "home" about EUIV?

But it definitely kills any remaining hope I had for a WW1 game.

Because its a tremendously intressting period? And ill read that book point me to it!

I don't know what Johan was reading, but I'm reading Peter Heather's Empires and Barbarians right now and I think it's pretty much perfect as a look at the early-early Mediaeval period (300 ~ 600 AD), and the processes behind migration (mass- and otherwise) and nation-formation.

I don't think the clue completely rules out R2, tbh. "Home" could be the Italian pennisula, or the Mediterranean world and "abroad" the barbarian frontier.

We have hints pointing at exploration, trade and colonization.

We have no hints pointing at internal politics or character systems (beyond just the ruler).

If EU4 doesn't have robust and complex internal management systems I will be a very sad bunny indeed. :(