I just started a new AHD game. I'm quite new to V2, I only played 1-2 other games (USA and Spain). Since I'm German, I thought why not try a Prussia -> NGF -> Germany game? Not Gro▀deutschland though, since I suspect that a Gro▀deutschland does not really pose a challenge (once you form it).
It's 1844 now, and I managed to form Germany by 1842. I started with a war vs. Austria, managing to get the admit hegemony war goal, as well as taking Bohemia and Moravia from them. Funnily enough, Anhalt (one of my spherelings) added a war goal for Istria, which I also enforced. I had a much harder time against Austria than I thought, because I was stupid and had my national stockpile slider only at 50%. Maybe that's why it took me more than two years to beat Austria...
Anyway, I had started to influence Denmark+Holstein and sphered them. Victoria had been coronated, so I got Hannover too, forming the NGF. Yay! After some army building, I attacked France for Alsace-Lorraine in 1842. This war was quite hard, as I suspect that France had more troops than me. The main victories were won in Belgium, where I wiped out maybe a third or half of their troops by encirclement. In the end I took A-L and French Ivory Coast in order to have a base for the colonization of Africa. I could have taken more, as I had France really beaten down, but didn't feel like it, and I wanted Germany!
A few questions/comments:
1) I used my NF to encourage bureaucrats to get to 100% efficiency and plan to get clergymen in most states to 2% next. Good idea?
2) I did not do much in regards to industry. Would it be a good idea to switch to a party where I can build some factories? I have some money saved up.
3) What is the recommended tech progression? I started with some culture techs to get research efficiency, another focus, education efficiency, then got medicine plus level 2 rifles. My guess would be to get more culture techs to make research better, however I have a penalty for culture techs. Should I get more army techs first? Should I change to traditional academia? Or is it most important now to get my industry started and get some railroads or so?
4) I have a crapton of nationalist movements going on. Well, they show up as rebellion, but haven't rebelled yet. I even got a really strong Prussian nationalist rebellion with more than 1 million supporting it! How is that possible? It is really stupid, since I -am- essentially Prussia.
5) Any further tips on what to do now are appreciated!