• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kurblius

General
31 Badges
Feb 23, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
I'm deciding whether to enact "Formalize Weights and Scales" and "Expand Bureaucracy", the two magistrate-intensive decisions. However, I want to know if I lose the decisions (and be forced to re-enact them) if my capital is moved - either voluntarily using 1000 ducats, or through the Form Italy event, which will move my capital to Rome.

Last edited:
AFAIK, these are COUNTRY DECISIONS, so they'll won't be lost.

Decisions like help religious minority and when you convert to your Country Religion, they'll lose this decision. And THAT was decision for province.

Note: If you see 2 much same words, sorry; I'm 2 lazy to find synonyms :)

AFAIK, these are COUNTRY DECISIONS, so they'll won't be lost.
They are province decisions. The modifiers they activate are country modifiers and they won't be lost.

also, once both these decisions have been enacted, it becomes safe to move your national focus....

It's perfectly ok to move the NF before formalizing weights, you just need to remember to move it back when you hit govt. 10. Depending on your nation you can be throwing away a lot of money by leaving the NF on the capital until after you do the 2 decisions. Also remember, the NF doesn't have to be on the capital, just adjacent to it, to allow the decisions.

It's perfectly ok to move the NF before formalizing weights, you just need to remember to move it back when you hit govt. 10. Depending on your nation you can be throwing away a lot of money by leaving the NF on the capital until after you do the 2 decisions. Also remember, the NF doesn't have to be on the capital, just adjacent to it, to allow the decisions.

I'd forgotten about the govt. 10 requirement. That makes me feel better.