• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikarases

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jul 2, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
Hey, I´ve upgraded my Light Figher (it was suspicious, cause I didn´t research ANYTHING of air techs)... The thing is that I can upgrade my LF without any effect...

I don't understand what you mean.

I suspect he is talking about the unit upgrade feature which might be modded (the unit_upgrades.txt). Since he didn't research anything, the upgrade did not change anything.

Pretty much as Nephandus said... It´s just a minor issue, but it consumes your IC for no reason...

Check the level of the INT. It might have just gone from Level I to Level II, and not from INT to, say, FTR.

Nope, I´m sure I didn´t research any techs before, not even after upgrade... When I upgrade the LFTR, the upgrade icon was still there... It was upgrade from LFTR to LFTR...

Well.... even if you had researched any tech... it wouldn't do too much good since the fighter components upgrade themselves if you allocate IC to upgrades.
Using the unit upgrade function is normally used to allow changes of unit types.

So technically it is not a bug, it is only a superfluous change to the unit_upgrade.txt

Yes, next time tell us that you're using a mod to begin with. HPP allows you to manually upgrade planes into different types, as well as subs and destroyers into better models. Because this is a timeconsuming progress, it isn't done automatically but requires you to click that upgrade button.

Unfortunately for you, the way the mechanics are, means that it is entirely possible to upgrade from your current model into the exact same current model, thus wasting IC. You just have to be careful!

Yes, next time tell us that you're using a mod to begin with. HPP allows you to manually upgrade planes into different types, as well as subs and destroyers into better models. Because this is a timeconsuming progress, it isn't done automatically but requires you to click that upgrade button.

Unfortunately for you, the way the mechanics are, means that it is entirely possible to upgrade from your current model into the exact same current model, thus wasting IC. You just have to be careful!

Ok, I´ll take my time next time then...:p

I wonder which version of HPP... I just checked the latest files we published.

The Interceptor (which is the light fighter) can upgrade to rocket interceptor, multirole (which is the heavy fighter) and the jet interceptor.... but not to itself

Fuh, I guess it´s a one big mystery then... Probably I´ve failed some re-writing of files or maybe bad removeal of files after some unistallation...

Fuh, I guess it´s a one big mystery then... Probably I´ve failed some re-writing of files or maybe bad removeal of files after some unistallation...

Easy thing.... open the file unit_upgrades.txt in mod\hpp\common

If the Interceptor is base and target in one block, delete that one.

Easy thing.... open the file unit_upgrades.txt in mod\hpp\common

If the Interceptor is base and target in one block, delete that one.

Strange...

upgrade =
{
base = interceptor
target = rocket_interceptor
}
upgrade =
{
base = interceptor
target = multi_role
}
upgrade =