• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alright DarkArk, accidentally posted this to Kazoo, but same question,

What's your setup of the Indian icons gonna be like?

I'm assuming Delhi ships and planes will be (Canadian) British, but what's Commune and Princely gonna be like?

I recall you saying you weren't sure who the Commune would use as templates, but were leaning towards CoF. Is that still the case or will they use (Uo)Britain?

Also, what's your pics for their naval jacks and airplane insignia, if they differ from the main flags?

I haven't done a lot of work on India yet, since my time has been consumed by other things, but:

Unique Inf/Cav/HQ/Mil that the three factions share. I'd like to do unique mar/mtn/para as well but I doubt I'll be able to find that many images.

Vehicles is then split between their three backing nations:

Delhi: Australian, I've been using their stuff to represent British colonials
B Commune: France, they're being backed by the internationale afterall
Princely: German. Justification is less, but I'm going to go with that's what they have on the market

Aircraft are the same, though using the generics that I made of the three factions.
This is pending my finishing the French set, which might turn into a French/less well known American set since the French don't have a lot of historical aircraft that the other majors do.

Navy I'll probably do what I do with most nations and give them the generics and then make uniques for the models they start the game with.

Anyway this is all probably a ways off.

Hey I extracted this to DarkestHour/Mods/Kaiserriech1.6/gfx/interface/models and I still get the generic icons. Am I doing something wrong?.

That's correct. Did you overwrite the vanilla icons?

Well DarkArk, I never got around to suggesting it, but if you haven't started on some of those icon sets, why not to help reduce the workload?:

Bharat vehicles - Union of Britain vehicles. The UoB is Bharatya's sugar daddy in general.
Bharat and Delhi Navy - British ships, since Delhi is a Dominion of the Empire, and Bharat is kind of for by the UoB

As for mountain troops, I think they could all share Nepali/Gurkha icons later, since someone will probably have united India by then. As for the early icons, I don't know. Delhi can get the early Gurkha icons since they're most likely to reestablish control over Nepal anyways. At the very least, Delhi can share British/Aus marine/para, with at most just some little tiny details thrown in, like 1 pixel mustaches or something :D.

Pretty much everything else you got spot on anyways. I figure German vehicles for the Princely sounds about right too.

And they're getting a unique aircraft set? I know unique aircraft started coming later, but for early on, I figure

Delhi - British very early ---> British mid set ---> Indian set by 50s or so, late
Bharatiya - British very early set ---> French mid set ---> Indian late set
Princely - British very early set ---> German mid set ---> Indian late, or even very late set.

Apologies for the thread necro, but is this SKIF project still being supported at all? If so I'd love to hear any updates about how it's been going, that and point out a few issues I've found in the most recent edition of it (few countries had an image with the wrong year assigned to certain tech levels and such).

Yes it is still being worked on. Just very slowly right now because of real life stuff.

Would be great to hear where the problems are.
I'd be happy to share them. The issues I noticed within it were the following:

1) Sib, Pri, Rus model_3 has issues, some units are 2 levels higher than they should be (1952 skin should be model_3_3 but is set for model_3_4, all higher skins are similarly affected)
2) Guy, Saf, Ast model_5 has issues, all units are 2 levels higher than they should be (1939 skin should be model_5_0 but is set for model_5_2, all higher skins are similarly affected).
3) Gre model_7 skins are one level too high (1931 skin is set as model_7_3, should be model_7_2)
4) Skin for Model_7_8a should be model_7_9
5) Csa model_9 is four levels too low (1931 is set as model_9_0, should be model_9_4)
6) Cal model_10 is two levels too low (1928 is set as model_10_0, should be model_10_2)
7) Jap model_13_16 should be model_13_14 (the skin is for 1954, 13_16 is for 1962)
8) Model_17 has multiple issues of wrong SKIFs being assigned
---------Sov, Sib, Rus, and Pir model_17_3 has a SKIF that has the number 1924. Model_17_3 is supposed to of the year 1922
---------Eus and Ita model_17_10 has the year 1950. Model_17_10 is supposed to be the year 1954. Additionally, both skins are just the same SKIF from the interceptor class for either nation.
---------Can, Eng, u07, u16, Eus, and Ita model_17_11 are of 1954 CAS. There is no unit above 1954 CAS, and model_17_10 is the 1954 CAS.
9) u10, tex, u06, u15, u32, usa, u21, u23, u22, u17, sco, tex (in the optional files), sib, fra, pri, and vic have skins that are labelled model_26_9. Including nuclear, there are only 9 aircraft carrier tech levels. Model_26_9 skins (marked nuclear) should be made model_26_8
10) model_21 has issues in that super-heavy battleships are improperly marked (superheavy II gets applied to superheavy I, superheavy nuclear to superheavy II, though I believe this is a development of the 1.04 update, not entirely sure).

And that's all I personally noticed. Only other issues I can think of was that the USA factions have the Lexington-class carriers in the image for CV-2 and Ranger in the image for CV-3 even though the Lexington-class ships are supposed to be CV-1s and the Ranger is supposed to be a CV-2 based on the classes in the tech tree.

Last edited:
Great. I'll take a look into these and fix them for the next release.

The carriers stuff is just the order they originally came in in the other SKIF sets. Which I mostly didn't touch except adding in the new naval units. I hate those goddamn SHBBs though. Though I think that one is a problem with the game, it came up before.

can you update Ottoman/Turkish avitation roundels with this?
7TkKptp.jpg

for naval avitation:
6TKNJnU.png

or alternatively, mix of both:
omTus3O.jpg

Amazing counters. I have noticed though that the CAS has the wrong models for the wrong years for all nations! IS it just me? Or is it a known thing?

Reactions:
Please DarkArk...dying of thirst...please, another preview of some. It doesn't have to be fancy or anything.

;_;

Amazing counters. I have noticed though that the CAS has the wrong models for the wrong years for all nations! IS it just me? Or is it a known thing?

Known issue.

Reactions: