• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Annoying Russians - they're not civilized enough to understand the proper rules of the diplomatic game, that must be why you 'lost' the crisis. Shouting louder definitely is the way forward with such simple people. Oh, and possibly you'll want to grow your army to have the means to back up the tough talk, but then again, the army seems to be a bit of a no-no right now.

Oh, and congratulations on removing the first target from your list! Pity that Dar es Salaam was replaced with Russia - that's not a fair trade at all.

First quarter 1852

My Plans:
Short
Prosecute the police actions in East Africa.
Rush forces into Afghanistan as the cities have been bribed to join the empire!!
Medium
Build a strategic railroad in India.
Long
Continue to pump out naval demonstrations and geographical expeditions and asking native chiefs to cede to gain PP's.
Develop the economy.
Improve relations with foreigners.
Add new colonies.

Actions by turn:
48. 2 x demo, geog to blank near mombassa, merch ibadan
49. 2 x demo, merch biafra, move brigades up to afghanistan, build 3 x brig, chemical EM
50. customs haiti, 2 x demo, merch duala, RR Kharsawan, meerut to denra
51. local portugal, spain, 2 x demo, merch cotonou, prome, RR raigarh
52. 2 x demo, RR rewah,
53. 2 x demo, RR cawnpore, geog unknown near mombassa, 3 x cede,

Key:
Brig is short for brigade
TP for trade-post
merch for Merchant
demo for Naval demo (cost 20 money get 20 PP)
geog Geographical Expedition (cost 125 capital get 100 PP)
PP prestige points
Number after province means increase of colonial pentration
Province on own under colonial means gained in size of city

Results by turn:
49. Event:us drains, ; Battle:; Movement:bombay; New unit:completed iron wales; Control:Ferrat, herar, kandahar, bamyan, Kabul; System:; Trade:wool natal, wood montreal, dyes mombassa deactivated, 46 elements unpaid, ; %SatMod:0.59; Sold:340; Colony:bombay, mysore, new city kurnool, rajshan, merch ibadan, 2 x demo, protectorate kabul, merch ghazni failed, us tele cascades, us colonists se minnesota, falklands 7;
50. Event:independence trasvaal, russia holy land turkey, turkey accepts holy land crisis cooling, indochina, annamite, sulawesi, austria sewers, 2 repl; Battle:; Movement:chemical, derna mustered, completed furniture Midlands, tropical tincomalee; New unit:; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.59; Sold:337; Colony:merch biafra, 2 x demo, 3 x cede, merch failed farrah, customs failed haiti, us merch shoshone, ;
51. Event:pirates tonkinese, siamese, yemeni, omanese, france roads; Battle:derna 0/922 win,; Movement:peshawar, khyber, denra; New unit:RR, completed consulate Kabul, rice rangoon; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.58; Sold:336; Colony:hesse-Kassel state prussia, prussia local hesse-kasel, merch duala, merch failed duala, 2 x demo, customs haiti, merch failed bamyan, us treaty tahlequah, ;
52. Event:; Battle:arakan coast 0/76 win, rebels peshawar,; Movement:kaapastadt, meerut; New unit:RR, mustered meerut, kalat, peshawar, completed furniture EM, tea delhi,; Control:rebels peshawar and several places; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.53; Sold:346; Colony:local portugal, spain, prussia forge CB saxony, merch prome, cotonou, 2 x demo, china merch aksu, spain colonists puerto rico, baris rebels joined egypt, ;
53. Event:lord russel resigns; Battle:peshawar 0/512 win, rebels retreated meerut, mombassa 307/410 win, ; Movement:khyber, kabul; New unit:RR, mustered moulmein, denra, rangoon, attock, completed chemical ulster,; Control:hyderabad 3 regions, 26 companies, 272 money, rebels arakan and surrounding regions,; System:colonial ministries; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:346; Colony:2 x demo, TP mombassa, dar-es-salaam, tanga TP destroyed, colonial hyderabad, geog khyber, france treaty antananarivo, france colonists saigon, ;
54. Event:; Battle:rebels besiege rawalpindi, failed to engage mombassa, burma retreated pegu, rangoon, moulmein, battle denra 922/461 win,; Movement:pegu denra; New unit:RR, 3 x brig, mustered meerut; Control:hong kong rebels; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:362; Colony:france state finland, local expired netherlands, greece, 2 x demo, geog basuto, russia suppress chita, falklands 8,;

Notes:
1. Curiouser and Curiouser, on turn 49 5 cities elected to join the empire, the committee report produced the day after the news reached London, advised that indeed extra brigades would be needed, It was explained that the terms of reference asking for the committee to report with all due despatch should have been corrected to setting a pecific date.
2. On turn 50 we granted independence to Transvaal, however, this is a mistake as Transvaal has been added as an objective, so it will have to be added to the list.
3. Also on turn 50 there was a crisis over the Holy Land between Russia and Turkey, apparently settled amicably. Clearly the bear is out of control and needs to be chained.
4. Additionally on turn 50 rebels appeared in Denra, division despatched from Meerut to deal with this.
5. First naval engagment on turn 52, a win for the Royal Navy. More rebels in regions around peshawar, adds to the problems of moving forces from India to Afghanistan.
6. Turn 53 Lord Russell resigns, inevtible after the failure in the crisis with Russia.
7. Also on turn 53 rebels in Burma.
8. Tanga gets added to the list as they destroyed my peaceful trading post.
9. On turn 53 Hyderabad has become a colony and looting the treasury re-apid the intial investment.

Progress:
Gained 1,085 PP in quarter, target grew by 864; to date 6,926 against 9.464. So if the progess was maintained the gap would be closed in 13 quarters.

Summary:
Have added 41 economic structures, 2 merchant fleets and 4 railroads, so still 7 behind my target of one per turn.
The "fall" of Afghanistan was a surprise as I had never just declared a protectorate. Perhaps this will work for Burma?

Navy Board:
Develop bases across the world.
Won first naval battle off the Arakan Coast.
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 1
Casualties 0 76

Army board:
Create a 10 x colonial brigade force for Burma.
51. derna 0/922 win,
52. arakan coast 0/76 win, rebels peshawar,
53. peshawar 0/512 win, rebels retreated meerut, mombassa 307/410 win,
54. rebels besiege rawalpindi, failed to engage mombassa, burma retreated pegu, rangoon, moulmein, battle denra 922/461 win,
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 4 2
Casualties 4289 3483

Trade board:
Increase satisfaction % and number of goods sold to national and colonial markets.
At the start satisfaction gain 59% goods sold 340, by the end 55% and 362.
So dropping back.

Colonial office:
Establish more colonies and protectorates
Develop provinces in colonies
Gain maximum prestige points
Afhgahistan became a protectorate and Hyderabad a colony.

Foreign office:
Develop good relations with friends.
Ensure key allies are protected
Relations France(31), Prussia(19), Austria(13), US(47), Italy(9), Turkey(32), Belgium(21), Denmark(33), Greece(42), Netherlands(22), Chile(44)
Relations France(38), Prussia(24), Austria(16), US(60), Italy(16), Turkey(50), Belgium(24), Denmark(40), Greece(43), Netherlands(29), Potugal (8), Spain (2), Chile(42)

Taiping war:
36. China 6k casualties, taiping war started
42. China 63k casualties
48. China 78k casualties
54. China 90k casualties

The list:
1. Rebellious colonists
2. burma
3. Russia
4. Transvaal
5. Tanga

Removed as no longer a threat
2. Mahrata
3. awadi
4. bastar
5. natalian
6. sindhi
9. kerala
10. tasman
8. afghanistan

I noticed just how quickly China runs up horrendous losses in the Taiping rebellion.

Its a bit hard to work out, but it seems that India-Afghanistan-Burma is rather one step forward (Afghanistan) two steps back? What is impressive is the way (rather realistically) that Russia is starting to loom as you real geopolitical enemy among the major powers.

Afghanistan willingly joined the Empire, which is good and proper. Is the area completely pacified, though, or are the natives restless? I see you removed the 10-brigade Afghanistan force from the army's objective list, does that mean all is well and life is happy in Afghanistan?

The Russians bear watching, and not just for their rude treatment of the Empire and helpless Turkey. How close is Russia to Afghanistan/India? Have they started taking those Central Asian Khanates yet, or do you still have a buffer?

I noticed just how quickly China runs up horrendous losses in the Taiping rebellion.

Its a bit hard to work out, but it seems that India-Afghanistan-Burma is rather one step forward (Afghanistan) two steps back? What is impressive is the way (rather realistically) that Russia is starting to loom as you real geopolitical enemy among the major powers.

Indeed quite realistic, also they have cunningly removed themselves from the objectives sheet, so I cannot even find out how I compare.
I am afraid it does feel like slipping back, I suspect it is grabbing some brigades for garrison in Afghanistan may have allowed the rebels too much room? Very realistic if that was what caused it.
Burma seems like hard work so I will wait a bit to get started on that. However, as they are on the list I will have to deal with them.

Afghanistan willingly joined the Empire, which is good and proper. Is the area completely pacified, though, or are the natives restless? I see you removed the 10-brigade Afghanistan force from the army's objective list, does that mean all is well and life is happy in Afghanistan?

The Russians bear watching, and not just for their rude treatment of the Empire and helpless Turkey. How close is Russia to Afghanistan/India? Have they started taking those Central Asian Khanates yet, or do you still have a buffer?

Afghanistan is not pacified at all, at the moment I just occupy the cities with no garrisons. The garrisons are being russhed forward. There are several large bands of Afghans each with a combat power of 250 and one army with combat power of 500. My brigades have a power of 50, so little more than a speed bump if it kicks off.

The Russians are slowly expanding but not yet south. I am planning my response to them being on the list. Perhaps grab Siberia, central Asia, crimea, Finland, the Caucasus. Everytime I start thinking like this I get a headache as I realise how slow it is with the available decisions to build up colonial pentration and development.

So perhaps I will pick on someone more my size Burma, Transvaal. For the latter I will need to create a Casus Belli.

Second quarter 1852

My Plans:
Short
Occupy Afghanistan.
Improve colonial penetration in Burma.
Medium
Long
Continue to pump out naval demonstrations and geographical expeditions and asking native chiefs to cede to gain PP's.
Develop the economy.
Add new colonies.

Actions by turn:
54. 2 x demo, geog unknown near mombassa, local netherlands, greece, RR agra
55. 2 x demo, merch lamu, RR delhi
56. 2 x demo, RR bombay, surat,
57. 2 x demo, RR indore, gwalior
58. 2 x demo, local prussia, merch mandalay, lashio, RR panipat
59. 2 x demo, RR lahore, 2 x tele, 3 x colonists, troops,

Key:
TP for trade-post
merch for Merchant
PP prestige points

Results by turn:
55. Event:Taiping spreads, aukland +12,; Battle:rawalpindi 1 unit lost in seige, mombassa 0/256 win, burma retreat moulmein, rebels retreat rawalpindi, meerut 1025/205 win, evaded multan 90%,; Movement:tanga, lamu, rawalpindi, kabul, hong kong, meerut, ; New unit:RR, mustered mombassa, rawalpindi, panipat, completed TP mombassa, dar-es-salaam, governor hyderabad; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:372; Colony:local netherlands, greece, nicaragua state, local expired chile, 2 x demo, merch failed tanga, portugal miss acores, ;
56. Event:rangoon incident, pirates korea,; Battle:besiege panipat, retreat multan, tanga 1537/536 lost, panipat 156/303 won,; Movement:rawalpindi, khyber, amritsar, panipat, peshawar,; New unit:RR; Control:depot dar-es-salaam, mombassa, tanga 0; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:395; Colony:no reply nicaragua, 2 x demo, merch lamu, spain miss guam, victoria 10, newfoundland 7, ontario 7, ;
57. Event:; Battle:lamu 615/358 won, multan 0/256 won,; Movement:multan, bamyan,; New unit:RR surat, bombay, mustered freetown,; Control:rebels freetown, ; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.56; Sold:392; Colony:local expired prussia, 2 x demo, merch failed herat, france tele antilles, newfoundland 8, ;
58. Event:50k Aus and NZ, 131K Can, 20K SA, tuklor, aceh, RR ebro, ; Battle:freetown 1845/820 stalemate,; Movement:kabul, calcutta, multan, bamyan,; New unit:RR 2x, complete brig peshawar,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:390; Colony:2 x demo, us merch shoshone, ;
59. Event:denmark sells gold coast; Battle:freetown 2357/1537 stalemate, bahawalpur 171/973 win,; Movement:bahawalpur, ferrah, herat,; New unit:RR; Control:Accra; System:france wurtembourg crisis, transportation, suez canal,; Trade:; %SatMod:0.56; Sold:403; Colony:local prussia, merch lashio, mandalay, 2 x demo, 3 x cede, france cede antanarivo, prussia miss duala, prussia ethno samoa, us tele osage, ;
60. Event:london protocol, beoiun, sumatra, melanesian, decree 13,; Battle:freetown 1332/410 stalemate; Movement:kandahar; New unit:RR, complete brig delhi, calcutta,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.56; Sold:407; Colony:commercial us, france wurtembourg crisis solved (444), 2 x demo, merch failed lashio, geog graissa, ;

Notes:
1. Russia has disappeared from the objectives screen so I can now not see how big their forces are growing.
2. On turn 55 Taiping rebellion spreads
3. Conntinue battles against rebels in India
4. On turn 59 Denmark sells me the Gold Coast
5. On turn 60 the agreement that guaruntees Denmark happens
6. Turn 60 had to use troops again
7. Lost battle in Tanga so will have to retreat and rebuild.
8. Rebels in Freetown, series of battles and I just hold on in a series of losing stalemates
9. In most battles even though I win I suffer more casualties.
10. Cannot compete with the casualties of China.

Progress:
Gained 1,052 PP in quarter, target grew by 800; to date 7,978 against 10.264. So if the progess was maintained the gap would be closed in 10 quarters.

Summary:
Have added 41 economic structures, 2 merchant fleets and 12 railroads, so still 5 behind my target of one per turn.
Satisfaction shown on the B screen is now 61%, it seems to have peaked as it is no loger rising.
The value of my stocks has risen to 9,463.
Comparison of combat pwoer with France started at 90 and has now improved to 87.

Navy Board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 1
Casualties 0 76

Army board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 11 3 3
Casualties 14249 9598
54. rebels besiege rawalpindi, failed to engage mombassa, burma retreated pegu, rangoon, moulmein, battle denra 922/461 win,
55. rawalpindi 1 unit loast in seige, mombassa 0/256 win, burma retreat moulmein, rebels retreat rawalpindi, meerut 1025/205 win, evaded multan 90%,
56. besiege panpiat, retreat multan, tanga 1537/536 lost, panipat 156/303 won,
57. lamu 615/358 won, multan 0/256 won,
58. freetown 1845/820 stalemate,
59. freetown 2357/1537 stalemate, bahawalpur 171/973 win,
60. freetown 1332/410 stalemate

Trade board:
Increase satisfaction % and number of goods sold to national and colonial markets.
At the start satisfaction gain 55% goods sold 372, by the end 56% and 407.
So roughly on target to grow selling locally by 10% a quarter.

Colonial office:

Foreign office:
Relations France(38), Prussia(24), Austria(16), US(60), Italy(16), Turkey(50), Belgium(24), Denmark(40), Greece(43), Netherlands(29), Potugal (8), Spain (2), Chile(42)
Relations France(39), Prussia(23), Austria(29), US(66), Russia(-35), Japan(14), Italy(16), Turkey(52), China(12), Belgium(26), Denmark(54), Greece(42), Netherlands(29), Chile(41)
Massive gain with Austria, good gain with Denmark.

Taiping war:
42. China 63k casualties
48. China 78k casualties
54. China 90k casualties
60. China 166k casualties

The list:
1. Rebellious colonists
2. burma
3. Russia
4. Transvaal
5. Tanga

I think, and this is no more than a guess, is that for a given level of taxation you can only have a certain max of happiness (you can of course be less). So if it is flatlining, maybe an idea to practice lowering one of the population taxes?

Your 'list' is incredibly short, indeed if Russia wasn't on there, I'd say it was pretty easy too

I think, and this is no more than a guess, is that for a given level of taxation you can only have a certain max of happiness (you can of course be less). So if it is flatlining, maybe an idea to practice lowering one of the population taxes?

Your 'list' is incredibly short, indeed if Russia wasn't on there, I'd say it was pretty easy too

Good point about statisfaction gain from selling to the internal market and loss from taxation, I guess I am balancing, there must be a third factor based on current happiness level that also causes a drop. In the next quarter I ban children at work and my happiness rises.

The list is short, but as you say challenging. I expect that it will increase as I annoy more people.
I suspect it is shorter at the moment as I am being nice until I don't have to be, all those diplomats cluttering up the place so I contually send them out......
After nearly three years Burma has nearly reached the top and action is really required, so I will just have to find the investment required.

Third quarter 1852

Third quarter 1852

My Plans:
Short
Occupy Afghanistan.
Medium
Long
Develop the economy.
Add new colonies.

Actions by turn:
60. 2 x demo, accept us commercial, geog basuto, merch lashio, anchorage dar-es-salaam, mombassa, windsor, RR ontario, local japan, italy, sweden,
61. silk singapore
62. 2 x demo, merch duala, kumasi, TP contonou, textile munster
63. local russia, 2 x demo, children, luxury midlands
64. fruits windsor, pot mauritius, 2 x demo, merch banjul,
65. fruits worcester, luxury east anglia, 2 x demo, merch toungoo, magwe, colony udiapur

Key:
TP for trade-post
merch for Merchant
PP prestige points

Results by turn:
61. Event:huizhou fallen to taiping; Battle:freetown 1742/615 stalemate; Movement:south west, mafia island, sukkur, bikaner, bamyan; New unit:anchorage mombassa, dar-es-salaam, windsor, brig sw, peshawar, RR ontario, ; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.54; Sold:381; Colony:us commercial agreed, local japan, chile, sweden, leicester, city bahwalapur, bijapur, merch lashio, 2 x demo, france treaty antananarivo, us tele cascades, us colonists se minnesota, hyderabad 7, nova scotia 6,;
62. Event:; Battle:freetown 205/922 win; Movement:mafia island, sarawak, brunei, khyber,; New unit:silk, completed brig lahore, mfg south,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:400; Colony:bikaner peace, local expired turkey, us, france, merch destroyed lashio, merch failed mombassa, prussia merch luanda, italy merch markos, ;
63. Event:largest shipbuilding on target; Battle:; Movement:freetown, bombay,calcutta, bahawalapur, kabul; New unit:textile; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:392; Colony:brunei arming, merch kumasi, duala, 2 x demo, ;
64. Event:senussi, arawak, children, us drains, austria rejected medal, austria tele, austria rejected urban trans; Battle:burma retreated rangoon; Movement:kaapastadt,; New unit:luxury, mustered rangoon, completed furniture munster, anchorage windsor, mombassa, dar-es-salaam,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:393; Colony:local russia, local expired italy, 2 x demo, china merch urumqi, mauritius 6;
65. Event:montreal +8,; Battle:; Movement:saldhana, table bay, calcutta, gulf of guinea; New unit:pot, fruits, completed brig bombay, freetown, calcutta; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:403; Colony:austria local wurtembourg, us state, merch banjul, 2 x demo, merch failed kumasi, geog arusha, france cede antananarivo, netherlands roads banjanarism, south australia 8,;
66. Event:austria urban trans, ; Battle:; Movement:springbok; New unit:luxury, fruits, completed canned wales; Control:; System:trans supplies, corporate, joint-stock, hierarchical corporate; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:401; Colony:us state agreed, merch magwe, toungoo, 2 x demo, geog nakuru, russia suppress chita, sindh 6, burma 4, hong kong 6, ;

Notes:
1.Forgot to place demos on turn 61
2. Reverted to building economic structures
3. Added lots of luxury factories so I can sell more in this category
4. Applied a local to Russia to bring them down off the ceiling, I really cannot afford a war just now. Too much else to do.
5. Forgot I was supposed to be using the merchants for Burma and dropped a couple elsewhere, will add a note to self to keep focussed.
6. Finally won the war in Freetown on turn 62, five battles with me just hanging on
7.Taiping took Huixhou, not sure what this means?
8. Remembered to start building anchorages which allow connection of sites with the outside world, also the Royal Navy will be happy, more ports to visit.
9. Used the option no children work on turn 63, my happiness rose from 61% TO 70%
10. Massive investment in the army, 8 brigades built in this quarter.
11. Continually have to buy replacements to keep the troops up to strength.

Progress:
Gained 1,052 PP in quarter, target grew by 800; to date 7,978 against 10.264. So if the progess was maintained the gap would be closed in 10 quarters.

Summary:
Have added 58 economic structures, 2 merchant fleets and 12 railroads, so 6 ahead of my target of one per turn.
Satisfaction shown on the B screen is now 69%, again it seems to have stabilised at this higher level.
The value of my stocks has risen to 10,182.
Comparison of combat power with France started at 90 and has now improved to 80.

Navy Board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 1
Casualties 0 76

Army board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 12 3 4
Casualties 16196 11135
Brigades this quarter 8, to date 21
61. freetown 1742/615 stalemate
62. freetown 205/922 win
64. burma retreated rangoon

Trade board:
At the start satisfaction gain 56% goods sold 407, by the end 55% and 401.
So no progress this quarter.

Colonial office:
Colony requested udiapur

Foreign office:
Relations France(39), Prussia(23), Austria(29), US(66), Russia(-35), Japan(14), Italy(16), Turkey(52), China(12), Belgium(26), Denmark(54), Greece(42), Netherlands(29), Chile(41)
Relations France(38), Prussia(25), Austria(31), US(76), Russia(-28), Japan(17), Italy(15), Turkey(50), China(11), Belgium(26), Denmark(50), Greece(44), Netherlands(30), Chile(41)
Good gain with USA and Russia!!

Taiping war:
42. China 63k casualties
48. China 78k casualties
54. China 90k casualties
60. China 166k casualties
66. China 238k casualties

The list:
1. Rebellious colonists
2. burma
3. Russia
4. Transvaal
5. Tanga

Good point about statisfaction gain from selling to the internal market and loss from taxation, I guess I am balancing, there must be a third factor based on current happiness level that also causes a drop. In the next quarter I ban children at work and my happiness rises.

Ah then that was militancy, you need to start investing in a steady stream of reforms to drive this down or it starts to eat into the happiness scores

Can see the advantage of making and keeping lists with the UK - just so much going on. And Taiping is the usual bloody mess.

Fourth quarter 1852

Fourth quarter 1852

My Plans:
Short
Medium
Build luxury goods factories to satisfy demand.
Long
Develop the economy.
Add new colonies.

Actions by turn:
66. 2 x demo, constitution NZ,
67. 2 x demo, TP duala, geog unknown near dar-es-salaam, luxury wales, sugar georgetown, local italy, us, france, turkey,
68. 2 x demo,geog unknown near dar-es-salaam, merch kyaukse, nobility, luxury ulster,
69. 2 x demo, merch taunggyi, colony mysore, deactivate 2 x minerals, nobility, luxury dublin, pot colombo,
70. 2 x demo, merch haka, wood montreal, geog unknown near dar-es-salaam,
71. 2 x demo, 2 x tele, 3 x colony, geog unknown near dar-es-salaam, anchorage mangalore, mellore, rangoon, moulmein, sugar trincomalee,

Key:
TP for trade-post
merch for Merchant
PP prestige points

Results by turn:
67. Event:NZ constitution, pirates melanesian, moro, red sea, austria medal; Battle:FitzClarence evaded Tanga,; Movement:kaapstadt, dar-es-salaam,; New unit:completed furniture avon,; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.63; Sold:409; Colony:nicaragua state, us state expired, 2 x demo, france treaty antananarivo, us merch shoshone, portugal colonists maputo, punjab 9, bermudas 6,;
68. Event:tuareg, senussi, indochina, japan drains,; Battle:; Movement:; New unit:luxury, sugar; Control:; System:9th unsupplied brunei,; Trade:; %SatMod:0.63; Sold:418; Colony:nicaragua state agreed, austria state wurtembourg, local italy, us, france, turkey, prussia local austria, geog morogoro failed, 2 x demo, TP cotonou, spain colonist puerto rico, rewah 6,;
69. Event:new houses of parliament, nobility rejected, ; Battle:mombassa 615/ 717 won; Movement:coast of sarawak; New unit:luxury, mustered mombassa,; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.6; Sold:413; Colony:state expired nicaragua, merch kyaukse, 2 x demo, geog failed kilwa, TP lamu, merch duala failed, austria sewers osterreich, netherlands tele ternate, queensland 6, ;
70. Event:cape town +6, france drains, rejected nobility, germany rejected state bonds; Battle:; Movement:coast of sarawak; New unit:luxury, pot, completed brig freetown, TP cotonou,; Control:; System:trans supplies, 9th unsupplied,; Trade:; %SatMod:0.58; Sold:410; Colony:local expired china, merch taunggyi, merch failed taunggyi, 2 x demo, TP failed duala, ;
71. Event:derby resigns, germany rejected state bonds, ; Battle:; Movement:mafia island, tanga, calcutta,; New unit:wood, completed TP lamu,; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:402; Colony:local china, geog failed morogoro, merch haka, 2 x demo, colonists bombay, calcutta, dehli, tele dehli, calcutta, france cede antananarivo, us merch shoshone, us tele osage, netherlands outpost djarkarta, ;
72. Event:brunei; Battle:; Movement:bombay; New unit:sugar, anchorage mangalore, mellore, rangoon, moulmein,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.58; Sold:413; Colony:local expired denmark, belgium, austria, 2 x demo, show strength cotonou, geog failed kilwa, merch failed kyaukse, geog basuto, russia roads argyn, spain miss manila, punjab 10,;

Notes:
1. Turn 67 NZ constitution.
2. Turn 69, possible necromancy, the houses of parialiament we have been sitting in since 1844 have apparently been rebuilt overnight!
3. Made several attempts to enact restriction of nobility priveleges, each rejected, probably accurate reflection of the views of the government lead by Lord Derby.
4. Derby had to go after the above and this happened on turn 71.
5. Had to withdraw brigade from Brunei as ran out of supplies, when I go back in I'll build a depot and other structures.
6. Still waiting to gather a force to shift rebels from Kalat, when I faced them they had discipline of 9/10, my troops at best have 7?
7. Taiping, is the war tapering out? The casualty rate has fallen from 70k+ a quarter to less than 10k a quarter.
8. Tried to use geographical expeditions to uncover provinces near Dar-es-salaam, fails every time, not sure why.

Progress:
Gained 966 PP in quarter, target grew by 904; to date 9,991 against 11,772. So if the progess was maintained the gap would be closed in 29 quarters.

Summary:
Have added 55 economic structures, 2 merchant fleets and 12 railroads, so 3 behind my target of one per turn.
Satisfaction shown on the B screen is now 72%, again it seems to have stabilised at this higher level.
The value of my stocks has risen to 11,235.
Comparison of combat power with France started at 90 and has now improved to 80.

Navy Board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 1
Casualties 0 76

Army board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 13 3 4
Casualties 16811 11852
% win 65%
Loss per battle 841 593
Brigades this quarter 1, to date 22
67. FitzClarence evaded Tanga,
69. mombassa 615/ 717 won

Trade board:
At the start satisfaction gain 55% goods sold 401, by the end 58% and 413.
So little progress this quarter.

Colonial office:
Colony requested mysore

Foreign office:
Relations France(38), Prussia(25), Austria(31), US(76), Russia(-28), Japan(17), Italy(15), Turkey(50), China(11), Belgium(26), Denmark(50), Greece(44), Netherlands(30), Chile(41)
Relations France(41), Prussia(23), Austria(31), US(86), Russia(-23), Japan(18), Italy(21), Turkey(53), China(11), Belgium(28), Denmark(49), Greece(45), Netherlands(33), Portugal(15), Spain(9), Sweden(12), Chile(43)
Good gain with USA, Italy and Russia!! The new prime minister gives more diplomats, so expanded targets.

Taiping war:
36. China 6k casualties, taiping war started 6k
42. China 63k casualties 57k
48. China 78k casualties 15k
54. China 90k casualties 12k
60. China 166k casualties 76k
66. China 238k casualties 72k
72. China 246k casualties 8k

The list:
1. Rebellious colonists
2. burma
3. Russia
4. Transvaal
5. Tanga
6. Kalat

you are making good progress in terms of prestige, when you catch up with your target does that lead to any benefits?

Good question, I don't know, mostly I am using it as a means of taxing myself so that I do not have too much free resources early on.
I think I will have to work out another method of doing this from now on, to some extent I have started this with exploring africa, I have 5 brigades moving inland looking for the big mountain in the centre. You can see all the rivers flow out from the middle, so as water flows downhill there must be a very high mountain in the middle, even higher than the Himalayas.

First quarter 1853

First quarter 1853

My Plans:
Short
Medium
Start exploring Africa
Long
Develop the economy.
Add new colonies.

Actions by turn:
72. 2 x demo, merch putao, mytkyina, geog unknow near dar-es-salaam, basuto, 5 exploration brigades, 3 x marine brigades, pot bahamas, anchorage upgrade banjul
73. 2 x demo, merch taunggyi, kyaukse, geog 2 x unknown near dar-es-salaam, 3 x cede, pot trindad, mauritius, 2 x supply, colony gwalior
74. 2 x demo, anchorage tanga, limit nobility, textile dublin, chemical wales,
75. 2 x demo, customs merida, merch lashio, prome, mandalay, roads, tropical chitadroog,
76. 2 x demo, cede timphu, nobility, sugar nth leeward, coffee freetown,
77. 2 x demo, merch mandalay, census, coffee accra, tropical banjul, colony trivandrum,

Key:
TP for trade-post
merch for Merchant
PP prestige points

Results by turn:
73. Event:russia rejected professional schools; Battle:; Movement:; New unit:anchorage, pot still, completed chemcials EM; Control:35 soldiers, 7 regions, 1089 money,; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:420; Colony:local austria, belgium, denmark, bamyan, agra, dacca, city calicut, sambalpur, geog failed morgoro, merchants myitkyina, putao, 2 x demo, colony udaipur, bikaner, rajputana, bastar, merch failed lamu, france tele antilles, us tele cascades, us colony se minnesota, rajputana 7, india 10,;
74. Event:2 repl,; Battle:; Movement:mafia island, tanga, south west,; New unit:2 x pot, trained 3 x native regiment, 1 x light cavalry, completed RR khwarasan, 4 exploration expedition SW,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:412; Colony:geog failed kilwa, morogoro, merch kyaukse, taunggyi, 2 x demo, italy merch markos, tanganyika 3, mannitoba 7,;
75. Event:rejected nobility, russia banned children, ; Battle:; Movement:bombay; New unit:textile, chemical, completed exploration expedition sw, supply bombay, calcutta, governor udiapur, RR raigarh, anchorage mangalore, mellore, rangoon, moulmein, ; Control:rebels multan, ; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:404; Colony:prussia commercial austria, 2 x demo, merch destroyed mandalay, customs failed merida, ;
76. Event:rejected roads, germany state bonds, telecommunications, ; Battle:multan 2050/640 lost,; Movement:peshawar; New unit:tropical, completed anchorage upgrade banjul, pot mauritius, fruits windsor, RR rewah,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.54; Sold:413; Colony:local expired spain, portugal, merch mandalay, prome, lashio, 2 x demo, customs merida, cede destroyed mandalay, france treay antananarivo, ;
77. Event:rejected nobility, sunrise inflation drop; Battle:multan 2450/717 win,; Movement:arakan coast, multan, peshawar; New unit:coffee, sugar, completed brig sw, fruits worcester, RR cawnpore; Control:annex 380 money; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.54; Sold:414; Colony:2 x demo, merch failed mandalay, colony mysore, france cede antananarivo, ;
78. Event:new electoral law, ; Battle:failed to engage multan 21%; Movement:; New unit:tropical, coffee, completed 5 x brig sw, RR agra,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:408; Colony:state expired us lasting, 2 x demo, merch mandalay, merch failed toungoo, france outpost cayenne, ;

Notes:
1. Turn 72 started building exploration brigades to start exploring the dark continent, funny it is mostly sunny there and cloudy and rainy in London.
2. Parliament is mostly against progress, it keeps rejecting sensible suggestions, clearly in need of reform.
3. Turn 77, I had got used to having inflation and not being able to do anything about it, the game remembered and dropped it.
4. So they could not stop electoral reform.
5. Last time I reported Derby had resigned, it appears he must have crept back in as he is still Prime Minister!
6. The colony in Udiapur on turn 72 gave me lots of money, which I have quickly spent.
7. The colony in mysore on turn 77 also made a profit, this colony business looks good.
8. Tried to use geographical expeditions to uncover provinces near Dar-es-salaam, fails every time, not sure why.

Progress:
Gained 822 PP in quarter, target grew by 784; to date 10,813 against 12,556. So if the progess was maintained the gap would be closed in 46 quarters.

Summary:
Have added 65 economic structures, 2 merchant fleets and 12 railroads, so 1 ahead of my target of one per turn.
Satisfaction shown on the B screen is now 77%, mostly gained by applying decrees, in this case an electoral census.
The value of my stocks has risen to 11,876.
Comparison of combat power with Russia started at 116 and has now improved to 107.

Navy Board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 1
Casualties 0 76

Army board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 14 4 4
Casualties 21311 13209
% win 64%
Loss per battle 969 600
Brigades this quarter 6, to date 28
76. multan 2050/640 lost,
77. multan 2450/717 win,
78. failed to engage multan 21%

Trade board:
At the start satisfaction gain 58% goods sold 413, by the end 57% and 408.
So little progress this quarter. Only delivering 72% of food and 20% of luxuries.

Colonial office:
Colony requested gwalior, trivandrum; colony established mysore and udiapur.

Foreign office:
Relations France(41), Prussia(23), Austria(31), US(86), Russia(-23), Japan(18), Italy(21), Turkey(53), China(11), Belgium(28), Denmark(49), Greece(45), Netherlands(33), Portugal(15), Spain(9), Sweden(12), Chile(43)
Relations France(41), Prussia(25), Austria(29), US(93), Russia(-20), Japan(19), Italy(24), Turkey(54), China(12), Belgium(29), Denmark(50), Greece(47), Netherlands(36), Portugal(16), Spain(9), Sweden(15), Brazil(2), Chile(44)
Not much happened, overall some drift in my favour.

Taiping war:
78. China 264k casualties 18k

The list:
1. Rebellious colonists
2. burma
3. Russia
4. Transvaal
5. Tanga
6. Kalat

seems the real colonial game is long and slow ... but engaging.

At least you are slowly rebuilding your relations with Russia

The colonial game seems to run much quicker than in reality, still since I am impatient I don't mind. All the action since the start has improved my return from 30 to 40. Still it has been fun making the map pinker.

The approach with Russia is to ensure they are standing in the right place when I drop the anvil......

I think I will post the rest of the updates I have in hand so that it is completely up to date so I can immediately act on advice I receive.

Second quarter 1853

My Plans:
Short
Medium
Start exploring Africa
Ship troops to Burma
Long
Develop the economy.
Add new colonies.

Actions by turn:
78. 2 x demo, merch taunggyi, outpost multan, sukkur, local potugal, spain, brazil, vine graafniet, coffee trincomalee, limit nobility,
79. 2 x demo, 2 x cede, merch myitkyina, 10 x road, RR baghalpur,
80. 2 x demo, merch lashio, kyaukse, outpost tanga, RR patna, geog kumasis, 2 x explorers
81. 2 x demo, colony bhopal, RR rawalpindi, bardwan, geog tanga,
82. 2 x demo, merch taunggyi, opium bhwalapur, tobacco, masulpitam, cede lamu, protectorate banjul, rangoon, limit nobility,
83. 2 x demo, merch ulundi, swazi, colonists surat, indore, gwalior, tele patna, bardwan, explorer walvis, roads

Key:
TP for trade-post
merch for Merchant
PP prestige points

Results by turn:
79. Event:aukland +12, montreal +8, tukulor, ngini, melanesian, moro, rejected nobility, austria medal; Battle:kaapstadt, freetown; Movement:; New unit:vineyard, coffee, completed 2 x brig sw, RR dehli, governor mysore, silk singapore, sugar georgetown,; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.54; Sold:407; Colony:austria state prussia, local portugal, spain, brazil, us state, local expired greece, netherlands, merch toungoo, 2 x demo, cede prome, johore, merch failed myitkyina, ;
80. Event:toronto +9, siam, arawak, bugis,; Battle:; Movement:accra, south wes,; New unit:RR, completed RR surat, bombay,; Control:; System:trans supplies, bessemer, ; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:408; Colony:us state agreed, local netherlands, greece, nicuragua state expired lasting, merch myitkina, 2 x demo, merch failed lashio, kyaukse, france cede timpo, ;
81. Event:quebec +5, russia roads,; Battle:; Movement:kaapstadt, ; New unit:RR, completed RR indore, gwalior, pot colombo; Control:annex 63 soldiers, 399 money, 11 regions,; System:steel rails, steel rails implementation, ; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:402; Colony:us state expired, burma expired CB, geog failed kumasi, merch lashio, kyaukse, 2 x demo, colony gwalior, colony holkor-sindhia, singapore 7, quebec 8,;
82. Event:50k Aus and NZ, 131K Can, 20K SA, moro, acehan, siamese, sulawesi, russia drains,; Battle:; Movement:freetown, accra; New unit:2 x RR, trained 3 x native regiment, 1 x Light cavalry, completed 2 x brig sw, RR panipat, wood montreal,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.54; Sold:409; Colony:austria state wurtembourg, geog failed tanga, explorer failed ropolu, 2 x demo, cede timphu, merch failed taunggyi, austria telecommunication klienpolen, france treaty antananarivo, russia miss haseinwai, russia suppress chita, italy merch markos, rebels chemdo join china, quebec 9,;
83. Event:burmese, rejected nobility, belgium rejected drains, ; Battle:; Movement:kaapstadt, walvis,; New unit:eek:pium, tobacco, completed RR lahore, governor gwalior, sugar trincomalee,; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:415; Colony:local expired prussia, merch taunggyi, 2 x demo, merch destroyed mandalay, merch failed prome, tele cawnpore, agra, colonists madura, allahabad, benares, france cede antananarivo, netherlands miss palembang, portugal colonists maputo, travancore 8,;
84. Event:Sydney +6, tukulor, papuan, roads, belgium drains, ; Battle:; Movement:kaapstadt, pegu, dar-es-salaam; New unit:completed RR ontario, pot still bahamas; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:411; Colony:belgium state netherlands, local prussia, explore failed kalahari, merch swazi, ulundi, 2 x demo, merch failed kyaukse, outpost multan, sukkur, geog basuto, ;

Notes:
1. Nobility rejected twice, clearly not popular with the Lords.
2. Turn 81 colony gwalior
3. Moving troops from south west to Burma.

Progress:
Gained 1,082 PP in quarter, target grew by 912; to date 11,895 against 13,468. So if the progess was maintained the gap would be closed in 10 quarters.

Summary:
Have added 69 economic structures, 2 merchant fleets and 15 railroads, so 2 ahead of my target of one per turn.
Satisfaction shown on the B screen is now 79%.
The value of my stocks has risen to 12,630.
Comparison of combat power with Russia started at 116 and has now improved to 104.

Navy Board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 1
Casualties 0 76

Army board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 14 4 4
Casualties 21311 13209
% win 64%
Loss per battle 969 600
Brigades this quarter 4, to date 32

Trade board:
At the start satisfaction gain 57% goods sold 408, by the end 57% and 411.
So little progress this quarter. Only delivering 75% of food and 20% of luxuries.

Colonial office:
Protectorate requested Rangoon and Banjul. Colony completed Gwalior.

Foreign office:
Relations France(41), Prussia(25), Austria(29), US(93), Russia(-20), Japan(19), Italy(24), Turkey(54), China(12), Belgium(29), Denmark(50), Greece(47), Netherlands(36), Portugal(16), Spain(9), Sweden(15), Brazil(2), Chile(44)
Relations France(42), Prussia(28), Austria(31), US(100), Russia(-14), Japan(23), Italy(27), Turkey(59), China(16), Belgium(35), Denmark(52), Greece(50), Netherlands(41), Portugal(23), Spain(14), Sweden(17), Brazil(11), Chile(44)
Positive drift in my favour, everybody likes me.....

Taiping war:
84. China 271k casualties 7k

The list:
1. Rebellious colonists
2. burma
3. Russia
4. Transvaal
5. Tanga
6. Kalat

Third quarter 1853

Third quarter 1853

My Plans:
Short
War against Burma
Medium
Start exploring Africa
Occupy Burma
Long
Develop the economy.
Add new colonies.

Actions by turn:
84. 2 x demo, merch mukalla, opium bahwalpur, tobacco jagdalpur, fruits calvania, rice rangoon, 2 x explore, 3 x geog
85. 2 x demo, colony panipat, geog basuto, 3 x explore, RR bahawalapur
86. 2 x demo, merch ulundi, katmandu, 2 x cede, geog basuto, RR amritsar, bhopal, declare war burma,
87. 2 x demo, merch taiz, aden, mukalla, RNC south, RR gorakphur, tea darjeeling,
88. 2 x demo, 1 x cede, opium bahawalpur, cereals dehli,
89. 2 x demo, textile avon, colony indore

Key:
TP for trade-post
merch for Merchant
PP prestige points

Results by turn:
85. Event:; Battle:; Movement:moulein, ; New unit:fruits, opium, tobacco, rice, completed pot still mauritius, trinidad, supply rangoon, ; Control:annex 27 soldiers, 416 money, 3 regions; System:; Trade:fish east anglia, iron thunder bay, ; %SatMod:0.54; Sold:420; Colony:local expired sweden, chile japan, lahore, dehli, benares, hyderabad, city vizagpatami, geog failed basuto, 2 x demo, merch mukalla, explore failed morogoro, windhoek, outpost failed tanga, cede zanizbar, sringar, colony trivandrum, france tele antilles, us tele cascades, us colonists se minnesota, netherlands miss makassar, rebels savoy joined piedmonte, ;
86. Event:troops, nobility; Battle:; Movement:pegu, rangoon, ; New unit:RR, completed supply rangoon, textile munster, outpost multan, sukkur; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.55; Sold:420; Colony:italy local papal, explore failed morogoro, kalahari, geog failed basuto, 2 x demo, merch failed ulundi, explore kintampo, falaba, merch failed putao, france cede timbo, ;
87. Event:retire reynolds, napier, hornby, new generals colborne, seymour, stewart, reached target ship building, russia roads,; Battle:evaded tanga 83%; Movement:calcutta, gulf of guinea, kaapstadt,; New unit:2 x RR, completed luxury midlands, tropical chatadroog, governor trivandrum,; Control:depot rangoon, tanga 0, ; System:gomm general; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:421; Colony:local japan, sweden, chile, war burma, prussia state, explore failed morogoro, geog failed basuto, merch katmandu, ulundi, merch failed mukalla, toungoo, merch destroyed magwe, prussia ethno samoa, afghanistan 4, ;
88. Event:quebec +5, appache, chechen, khazak, bobangi, melanesian,; Battle:evade tanga 84%; Movement:pegu; New unit:RNC, RR, tea, completed coffee freetown, sugar nth leeward, supply rangoon,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.58; Sold:427; Colony:prussia state agreed, local expired russia, merch mukalla, taiz, aden, 2 x demo, cede lamu, france treaty antananarivo, ;
89. Event:italy roads; Battle:evade tanga 84%; Movement:south west; New unit:eek:pium, cereals, completed luxury east anglia, tropical banjul, coffee accra,; Control:depot rangoon; System:smokeless powder, basic guncotton; Trade:; %SatMod:0.58; Sold:417; Colony:local russia, state expired prussia, 2 x demo, colony bhopal, france cede antananarivo, netherlands miss banjanerism, ;
90. Event:cherokee, belgium drains; Battle:evade tanga 84%, no engage prome; Movement:lome, mafia island, prome, dar-es-salaam; New unit:textile, completed brig sw, vineyard graafneit, coffee trincomalee; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.58; Sold:420; Colony:siam state france, 2 x demo, merch failed swazi, protectorate rangoon, banjul, rebels bojnurd joined persia, mauritius 7;

Notes:
1. Turn 85 colony panipat.
2. Turn 86 war with Burma.
3. Turn 87 had to pull out of Tanga!! Two brigades and I could not shift military control. So they have a lot massed here, need to get some cavalry for scouting.
4. Finally passed nobility restriction on turn 86.
5. After all the excitement I march into Prome and the Burmese faid away into the jungle.
6. I have brought the 10 infantry brigades I planned for the war in Burma.
7. This was mistake as I often cannot see the Burmese forces, need some cavalry for scouting.
8. Slightly worried as when I was about to start the invasion I found there was a 200 combat power army in Arakan.
9. The main army was in Prome but then disappeared from my sight when I advanced, perhaps waiting to ambush me?

Progress:
Gained 974 PP in quarter, target grew by 884; to date 12,869 against 14,352. So if the progess was maintained the gap would be closed in 17 quarters.

Summary:
Have added 77 economic structures, 2 merchant fleets and 19 railroads, so 8 ahead of my target of one per turn.
Satisfaction shown on the B screen is now 86%.
The value of my stocks has risen to 14,071.
Comparison of combat power with Russia started at 116 and has now improved to 102.

Navy Board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 1
Casualties 0 76

Army board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 14 4 4
Casualties 21311 13209
% win 64%
Loss per battle 969 600
Brigades this quarter 4, to date 32
87. evaded tanga 83%
88. evade tanga 84%
89. evade tanga 84%
90. evade tanga 84%, no engage prome

Trade board:
At the start satisfaction gain 57% goods sold 411, by the end 58% and 420.
So little progress this quarter. Only delivering 69% of food and 20% of luxuries.

Colonial office:
Protectorate requested Rangoon and Banjul. Colony completed Gwalior.

Foreign office:
Relations France(42), Prussia(28), Austria(31), US(100), Russia(-14), Japan(23), Italy(27), Turkey(59), China(16), Belgium(35), Denmark(52), Greece(50), Netherlands(41), Portugal(23), Spain(14), Sweden(17), Brazil(11), Chile(44)
Relations France(42), Prussia(30), Austria(32), US(100), Russia(-11), Japan(24), Italy(29), Turkey(58), China(19), Belgium(36), Denmark(51), Greece(51), Netherlands(40), Portugal(23), Spain(16), Sweden(19), Brazil(12), Chile(43)
Positive drift in my favour, everybody likes me.....

Taiping war:
90. China 271k casualties 0k

The list:
1. Rebellious colonists
2. burma
3. Russia
4. Transvaal
5. Tanga
6. Kalat

Fourth quarter 1853

My Plans:
Short
War against Burma
Medium
Start exploring Africa
Occupy Burma
Long
Develop the economy.
Add new colonies.

Actions by turn:
90. 2 x demo, merch hadramut, TP aden, protectorate srinagar, timphu, canned NE,
91. 2 x demo, road accra, banjul, freetown, moulmein, pegu, lamu, mombassa, dar-es-salaam, saldhana, sprinbok, merch swazi, TP ulundi, 2 x explore, RR allahabad
92. 2 x demo, 2 x cede, 3 x explore, RR hyderabad,
93. 2 x demo, 2 x explore, colony sambalpur, mfg munster,
94. 2 x demo, 1 x cede, merch katmandu, mfg EM
95. 2 x demo, merch taiz, 2 x tele, 3 x colonists,

Key:
TP for trade-post
merch for Merchant
PP prestige points

Results by turn:
91. Event:austria telecommunications, japan drains,; Battle:evade tanga 83%; Movement:prome, mafia island; New unit:canned, completed 5 x brig sw, luxury wales, governor bhopal,; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:419; Colony:merch hadramut, 2 x demo, merch failed katmandu, explore kilwa, roads korugh, faizabad, balkh, ghazni, umtata, bamyan, farrah, sukkur, multan, attock, gansu joined rebel nation, mauritius 8;
92. Event:pirates red sea, ; Battle:prome 307/922 win,; Movement:rangoon, kaapstadt,; New unit:RR, completed luxury ulster, consulate bajul, rangoon,; Control:mandalay,; System:trans supplies, south amercia part supplied falklands,; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:428; Colony:state expired us lasting, local expired turkey, us, france italy, explore abomey failed, explore morogoro failed, merch swazi, 2 x demo, explored windhoek, ropolu, cede tanga, zanzibar, france cede timbo, austria sewer osterreich, ;
93. Event:france rejected census, france referendum, russia professional schools, ; Battle:; Movement:calcutta, kaapstadt, prome; New unit:RR, completed luxury leinster,; Control:depot prome, lost mandalay,; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.57; Sold:431; Colony:prussia state baden, local france, us, italy, trukey, prussia forge CB france, austria local wurtembourg, explore failed morogoro, sokode, 2 x demo, colony panipat, panipat 6, queensladn 7;
94. Event:eek:kinawa, annamite, brunei,; Battle:; Movement:kaapstadt; New unit:mfg, completed tobacco masulapatam,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.58; Sold:438; Colony:us state, 2 x demo, cede chitral, france treaty antananarivo, austria telecommunications kleinpolen, gwalior 6, travancore 9,;
95. Event:education passed,; Battle:; Movement:ropolu, rangoon,; New unit:mfg, completed governor panipat,; Control:; System:; Trade:; %SatMod:0.62; Sold:451; Colony:us state agreed, saxony commercial austria, local expired china, merch katmandu, 2 x demo, merch taiz failed, tele bardwan, patna, colonists gwalior, indore, surat, france cede antananarivo, portugal roads angoche, portugal colonists maputo, ;
96. Event:; Battle:; Movement:rangoon, kilwa; New unit:completed fruits calvinia, tobacco jagdalpur, rice rangoon,; Control:; System:trans supplies; Trade:; %SatMod:0.63; Sold:449; Colony:state expired us, explore failed gabornga, merch taiz, merch failed taiz, 2 x demo, merch failed katmandu, TP aden, geog quetta, ulundi, ;

Notes:
1. The luxury factories I built last year have come on stream, doubling my ability to satisfy luxury goods to 40%.
2. I have pulled out of Tanga, when this little local difficulty in Burma is resolved I will have to send the boys to pay a visit.
3. Turn 92 battle in Prome, reported as nearly 50k British against some 2k Burmese, clearly a flaw in the game it should have read 5k British against 20K Burmese....
4. Had to withdraw the fleet from Falklands, need to build a depot there.
5. Turn 93 Prussia forges a CB against France, what is going on here?
6. Turn 95, discovered I needed an educated population, had noticed I was not getting many discoveries, each use of this seems to boost education by 2 points. I had let it fall to 91%, now up 93%.
7. Mistake to have only infantry in Burma as I often cannot see the Burmese forces, need some cavalry for scouting.
8. Still worried as there is a 200 combat power army in Arakan.
9. The advance against Mandalay has started, very slowly....
10. My plan is to take prome, establish a depot there; take toungoo and establish a depot there; take mandalay and establish a depot there; take myitkyina and establish a depot there. With this I will have supply coverage across Burma.
11. Try to defend against the Burmese forces with hold at all costs on, it is so slow to advance. Mostly hpoing to advance where the Burmese are not, hence the need to deploy cavalry so I can see them!!!

Progress:
Gained 1,258 PP in quarter, target grew by 776; to date 14,127 against 15,128. So if the progess was maintained the gap would be closed in 3 quarters.

Summary:
Have added 80 economic structures, 2 merchant fleets and 21 railroads, so 7 ahead of my target of one per turn.
Satisfaction shown on the B screen is now 88%.
The value of my stocks has risen to 17,028.
Comparison of combat power with Russia started at 116 and has now improved to 102.

Navy Board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 1
Casualties 0 76

Army board:
Battles Win Loss Draw
Number 15 4 4
Casualties 21618 14131
% win 65%
Loss per battle 940 614
Brigades this quarter 5, to date 37
91. evade tanga 83%
92. prome 307/922 win,

Trade board:
At the start satisfaction gain 58% goods sold 420, by the end 63% and 449.
So progress this quarter. Only delivering 72% of food and 42% of luxuries.

Colonial office:
Protectorate requested Sringar and Timphu. Colony completed Panipat, requested Sambalpur.

Foreign office:
Relations France(42), Prussia(30), Austria(32), US(100), Russia(-11), Japan(24), Italy(29), Turkey(58), China(19), Belgium(36), Denmark(51), Greece(51), Netherlands(40), Portugal(23), Spain(16), Sweden(19), Brazil(12), Chile(43)
Relations France(41), Prussia(33), Austria(35), US(100), Russia(-6), Japan(28), Italy(32), Turkey(56), China(18), Belgium(38), Denmark(50), Greece(49), Netherlands(45), Portugal(25), Spain(17), Sweden(21), Brazil(19), Chile(45)
Positive drift in my favour, nearly everybody likes me.....

Taiping war:
90. China 271k casualties 0k
96. China 281k casualties 10k