• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tempusmurphy

Private
26 Badges
Mar 28, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
Now I know that Paradox is just the publisher ... but you would think they would put some pressure on the dev's to fix major problems in games, After all their reputation is on the line with every game they put under their name ... this is the second major farce they have had reciently with Sword of the stars 2 being the other problem child ...(released over a year ago and stil not complete)

Hmm yeah I heard Sword of Stars II was a mess.....

But NWAC isn't that bad I'd think. I've spent 49 hours on it so I know. The biggest irk for most people with short playing time is probably the no save game feature.

This is in no way comparable to SotSII. That game was unplayable on launch and last I played (a few months ago) it still had major bugs. NWAC isn't perfect but it certainly isn't a buggy mess. People are clamoring for an in-game save feature (which I personally don't really care either way but I can see how some people don't have the time to sit an hour or longer at their computer in a single game) but other than that the base game is mostly fine. I get some slowdown issues when I probably shouldn't in some of the later missions but that's my only gripe.

well at the moment I can't get beyond the 7th mission baltic breakout ... after about an hour the sound starts stuttering ...leading to the lockup, and the ctrl alt del end of game. At least with SOTS2 you get regular patches and some comment from the dev and publisher. And one more question just how long was the devs holiday ....

Well I get some stuttering too when the mission gets big or a lot of things are going on but never too bad besides I managed to playthrough the NATO campaign pretty fine.

But I suppose there are many other people who would get stuttering to unplayable state.

I'd be happy too if the stuttering on large missions was to be fixed

1) Crashes.

2) Can't save, meaning crashes result in a lost game.

Conclusion: broken game.

It's that simply I'm afraid.

Unfortunately this is not a Paradox game, they just publish it. I do hope they give Turbo Tape the same talking to that the people behind SWOTS II got though.

Also agree that this game is messed up.

Sick of this game and sick of the small developer excuses. I know, lets make a game thats quirky as hell and say we are small dev. Release one small patch and sit back on the royalties.

I had such high hopes for this 'game' but it turned out to be much like I thought would happen.
Given the subject matter it is no where near complicated enough and for an RTS just boring.
Plus the serious lack of support and the God Awful decision for no save function makes me think I will not invest in these small developer type games in future.
Then I bought FTL :)

Now I know that Paradox is just the publisher ... but you would think they would put some pressure on the dev's to fix major problems in games, After all their reputation is on the line with every game they put under their name ... this is the second major farce they have had reciently with Sword of the stars 2 being the other problem child ...(released over a year ago and stil not complete)

Not to mention that HOI3 was practically broken when released back in 2009.

yes, for a short while after the release of CKII i thought paradox had learnt from the past mistakes but most games remain unplayable:
artic war: unplayable for most and dead...
gettisburg: armored warfare: unplayable and dead...
salem: did it ever get out of the beta status? dead?
HOI the card game: dead...
Magna Mundi: never released, dead... how bad must it have been?
Iron Cross: pretty bad. dead.
March of the Eagles: It doesn't feel like a complete game. well, at least it "works".
Sword of Stars: awful but at least not dead (yet).

i could go on...

Naval War isn't even the worst example but at least the offer a refund. one should take it as long as it is still possible.
selling a non working product and not able/willing to fix it within reasonable time is after all fraud.

Thread necro, and offtopic. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.