• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, I understood that it can be no all-purpose advices for this game. Honestly I gave up and it seems that I screwed up my kingdom of Sicily. My king Settimio II gained an excommunicated trait for just borrowing some money from the jewish traders. That is awesome, he wasn't excommunicated for an assasination attempt on german emperor, he wasn't excommunicated for siring of two bastards. The Pope is definitely going mad. :) I guess that means that he must excommunicate the whole government of US and Greece for the current crisis. :laugh:

The main issue is that I am lacking a lot of prestige. My reputation is respectable and I am always trying to hold it at bay and not going to have rather\very bad reputation. It was fairly easy to gain prestige when I played on normal difficulty but it seems that is much harder on hard. :) (sorry for this tautology) I can conquer muslims or pagans but it seems soon their will be no more pagans or muslims left in the world because of the militant Germany, Poland and England. How can I earn prestige in such circumstances? Soon I will need a tons of it for waging any wars. It's so hard to see a tiny count of Syrte suffering from loneliness in Magrib and I want to make him happy with my beneficial rule. I have a good host for this but I am lacking a prestige for my glorious plan. :)

Last edited:
OK, I understood that it can be no all-purpose advices for this game. Honestly I gave up and it seems that I screwed up my kingdom of Sicily. My king Settimio II gained an excommunicated trait for just borrowing some money from the jewish traders. That is awesome, he wasn't excommunicated for an assasination attempt on german emperor, he wasn't excommunicated for siring of two bastards. The Pope is definitely going mad. :)

No, that´s history. The Emperor and Pope at that time had quite a few misunderstandings about who was whose master and who had the right to invest new bishops for example.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investiture_Controversy
So a pope who doesn´t care about assasinating the Emperor sounds just fine. Lending money on the other hand is *evil* ^^

I guess that means that he must excommunicate the whole government of US and Greece for the current crisis. :laugh:

The US (who don´t even exist in the time of CK - not even as the 13 colonies) have mostly protestant and Greece mostly orthodox people who don´t care much for being excommunicated by the "bishop of Rome" whom they don´t see as the leader of the One Church as the catholics...

Last edited:
The US (who don´t even exist in the time of CK - not even as the 13 colonies) have mostly protestant and Greece mostly orthodox people who don´t care much for being excommunicated by the "bishop of Rome" whom they don´t see as the leader of the One Church as the catholics...

I know. Sorry for that joke. At least he can excommunicate Kennedy 'cause he was Irish and catholic ruler. :laugh: I don't understand anyway why the crusaders didn't turned Greece to catholicism? The Latin empire existed (as a Duchy of Athens) and it was quite powerful. The emperors of Byzantine empire adopted catholicism also by accepting of the truce in Florence and thus accepting the supremacy of the Pope. The mystery of history. Or probably the turks saved the day.

It seems that it is very easy to turn the population of the province to you faith in this game so that is the reason why the Greece and other territories pretty soon turning to catholicism (the religion of it's conquerors).

Um... What are you talking about? This Thread is about my let's play not place to talk about your CK1 things....

By the way, how can I change the sequence of titles? For example I want to be a king of France, Burgundy and Castille but I don't want to be a king of France, Castille and Burgundy. Can I just give a king of Castille title to my heir and then my heir will inherit and he will be a king of France, Burgundy and Castille. Am I right? Or maybe he will be a king of Castille, France and Burgundy? Please, clarification is in dire need.