• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sarys

Captain
60 Badges
Apr 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome: Vae Victis
Hey just wanted to tell that I've been doing let's play Crusader Kings videos to youtube (series is in break at the moment tho). So I'd be happy if you guys would watch them and comment. There's 12 parts at the moment.

Part 1

Playing with the very easy setting is not cool. I guess. The game will soon get boring, it is only fine if you are a newbie. However you may change the settings at any moment if you wish.

Playing with the very easy setting is not cool. I guess. The game will soon get boring, it is only fine if you are a newbie. However you may change the settings at any moment if you wish.

If I change it I will lose fast

From my opinion, the game is already very easy on normal.

In my current I'm King of Portugal, Aragon and Castille by only 1200. I control almost all of Iberia, the Netherlands and Northern Germany (the coast line). In addition to that I also control a couple of territories in Karelia/Finland and Estonia.
My dynasty is all over Europe and my current heir (Elective Law) is Duke of the Dauphiné and his son was crowned King of Germany after two successful assassinations from my part. Considering that there are still more than 200 years left and that money is no longer an issue, I could easily create an empire including all of western Europe.

I won't do that though. I started in Frisia and changed my dynasty's culture to Dutch (2/3rd of my dynasty is Dutch now). With a Dutch German King, I try to spread Dutch culture as much as possible and try to get it in Iberia. Than I will play until 1399 and convert my game to EU3, so that I can play with a Dutch Portuguese Kingdom with its capital in the Netherlands and with a lot of interesting (and strong) nations around me.

I see well I guess I should try that

There can be situations in which you simply can´t win if you start as a lowly count and some King declares war. However in most of my games my worst enemy was my own greed when I took more land too fast, than my reputation could endure.

EU3?! EU2 is the real deal if you ask me.

Sure - but FtG is the better EU2 ^^

No comments

EDIT: But when is good time to start play paradox games in general with normal/normal?

When you have read the manual and completed the tuturial. ^^

When you have read the manual and completed the tuturial. ^^

I don't think so. I tried HoI2 dd arma with norm/norm. I played with Germany and managed to defeat Poland in september. But got my butt kicked by France.

Is it possible to find a title somewhere in the world? I captured Granada but I can't create an appropriate ducal title for this province (I definitely captured all of the 3 territories that consists Granada).

Thought I found how can I find province, it's \ button, but I doesn't work for a titles.

Is it possible to find a title somewhere in the world? I captured Granada but I can't create an appropriate ducal title for this province (I definitely captured all of the 3 territories that consists Granada).

Thought I found how can I find province, it's \ button, but I doesn't work for a titles.

On my german keyboard it´s the question mark button ? but I suppose that´s the \ for english keyboards.
You can not only search for province names in that way. If you have Crusader Kings - Deus Vult you can search for titles too, e.g.
? and then Cornwall centers your screen on the province of Cornwall.
? and then Kingdom of Burgundy centers your screen on the Kingdom of Burgundy.

In case of Granade I guess in your game someone is still holding the title of the Emirate of Granada so you can´t create the title.

Thank you so much! It is appeared that my vassal (emir of Mallorca) was also an emir of Granada. So I just revoked his title and voila! :) By the way. how can somebody win playing on hard difficulty with agressive AI? The AI is really rampaging everywhere and it very difficult to score it up. The Germany is the main issue. It is huge (though the demesne is only 6 provinces) and it is already 1100 year. My Kingdom of Sicily is the most of the Southern Italy, Marocco, Canarians and Granada and Djerba in Tripolitania. What can I do? They may attack me at some moment and they have larger forces than I have.

Thank you so much! It is appeared that my vassal (emir of Mallorca) was also an emir of Granada. So I just revoked his title and voila! :) By the way. how can somebody win playing on hard difficulty with agressive AI? The AI is really rampaging everywhere and it very difficult to score it up. The Germany is the main issue. It is huge (though the demesne is only 6 provinces) and it is already 1100 year. My Kingdom of Sicily is the most of the Southern Italy, Marocco, Canarians and Granada and Djerba in Tripolitania. What can I do? They may attack me at some moment and they have larger forces than I have.

There are a lot of things you can do.
Keep your reputation low. Become the Papal controller and excommunicate the emperor - that should give him enough internal strife to prevent any largescale war against you.
Nibble away at his borders while he is occupied with some other war.
Buy peace by giving away some border provinces if the empire actually attacks in your direction and conquer them back later when you can achieve it.
If you haven´t done so try to conquer some of the RICH provinces (e.g. Genua, Venice) that have immense manpower and can field huge armies that you can use against your enemy.
Always try to have an ally.
If you can´t win on the battlefield try to have an intrigue value ( yours + your spymasters ) higher than your enemies and assasinate him - with some luck his heir will inherit a civil war.

Keep your reputation low. Become the Papal controller and excommunicate the emperor - that should give him enough internal strife to prevent any largescale war against you.

My king Enzio was a papal controller twice but it was impossible to excommunicate a german king, 'cause he is having a lot of prestige and the Pope is old and with a low prestige.

Buy peace by giving away some border provinces if the empire actually attacks in your direction and conquer them back later when you can achieve it.

That is what I already did. Venice attacked me and I had to gave away some of my provinces in Southern Italy and now I don't know how to return them back, 'cause the Venice now is a vassal of Empire and the emperor immediately declares war on me when I declaring war on Venice. Btw does the Ai not trying to protect his vassals when he is see that he is meager than the actual assailant of it's vassal?

If you haven´t done so try to conquer some of the RICH provinces (e.g. Genua, Venice) that have immense manpower and can field huge armies that you can use against your enemy.
Always try to have an ally.

I can capture the Alexandria and some other provinces in Egypt. Hopefully that will help me to muster a greater host against Emperor of the evil and fake Empire of Romans. :)

If you can´t win on the battlefield try to have an intrigue value ( yours + your spymasters ) higher than your enemies and assasinate him - with some luck his heir will inherit a civil war

I thougt about it but he is having a larger intrigue value then I do. He is pretty young and now HE IS the papal controller. :laugh:

Nibble away at his borders while he is occupied with some other war.

I like that idea and probably I will give it a try.

P.S. this game is so awesome! It really know how to generate serious problems for you. :)

My king Enzio was a papal controller twice but it was impossible to excommunicate a german king, 'cause he is having a lot of prestige and the Pope is old and with a low prestige.

As far as I remember the Pope needs Prestige to excommunicate - but he needs more prestige than the target has Piety.

That is what I already did. Venice attacked me and I had to gave away some of my provinces in Southern Italy and now I don't know how to return them back, 'cause the Venice now is a vassal of Empire and the emperor immediately declares war on me when I declaring war on Venice. Btw does the Ai not trying to protect his vassals when he is see that he is meager than the actual assailant of it's vassal?

Venice usually does not have many provinces. So when it attacks you just try to have more sieges going on than they. If you manage to control all of their provinces while you have even 1 of your own still controlled they will accept a favourable peace. And if they don´t agree immediately spam them with peace offers.

If a country has a mighty liege lord then it´s unwise to declare war on the vassal because the liege lord will usually join the war.
If you declare war on a vassal of Venice then the liege lord of Venice might not join.

I can capture the Alexandria and some other provinces in Egypt. Hopefully that will help me to muster a greater host against Emperor of the evil and fake Empire of Romans. :)

Unless that worsens your reputation and instead encourages your neighbours to declare war on you ^^
Reputaton SLOWLY becomes better so expanding too fast gets you many enemies. How bad is your reputatiion?

I thougt about it but he is having a larger intrigue value then I do. He is pretty young and now HE IS the papal controller. :laugh:

As soon as one of your male familiy members is allowed to marry look in the ledger for a bride with the highest intrigue rating. Usually you can fill your court full of excellent spymasters/stewards by marriage if your own family and courtiers are only mediocre.