+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Japan- The Brightest Hour

Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by jpbfr View Post
    " Peace was made with Germany and someone called Lenin took over as the Soviet leader, someone very much alike the dead Vladimir Lenin, an imposer, using the fame of the revolutionary leader as a mean to gain control over the civil war that raged in the eastern part of the nation. "

Best part ever... Lenin is eternal
    hehe ty =)

Quote Originally Posted by whatguts View Post
    wow this gets update quickly!
    A little slower now, but another update is due to tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by gooy View Post
    is that lenin guy an error ? AFAIK after bitter peace usually beria takes over.
    I think they will fix it in the next patch

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckel View Post
    I think they will fix it in the next patch
    Confirmed.
    Nice AAR btw

Darkest Hour

Part VII

A Small task force embarked from India to capture the British fleets supply depot in Aden. As the Divisions landed and pushed into Aden itself, the Royal Navy had to leave port, only to be engaged by the IJN, hiding behind the horizon. In a series of battles, the Royal Navy lost several battleships and cruisers, the British ships managed to inflict some damage to one of the Japanese carriers, the Unryu. Grand Admiral Nagano decided to not chase after the Royal Navy, better be safe than sorry, so he withdrew to Rangoon to begin repairs.

After the victory in India versus the allies, and the German onslaught into Africa, the Japanese leadership saw no benefits to begin an campaign in Africa. Instead the forces should be reorganized and reformed into new armies. Most of the Japanese divisions was sent by train through China to Korea. New infantry divisions had been trained and also sent to Korea, forming a new army there.

In Tokyo

Emperor Hirohito had summoned the chief of staff and the chief of army to his Palace.

The victory in the pacific and the successful conquest of India have clearly created new opportunities. Our divisions in Korea, are they up for a new task?

I'm sure you highness. Both ministers said.

Good. In the last months, the Soviet Union have been sending demands, that we should surrender our claim on Toyohara and cease it to them. I have no no intention of doing so, in secret, we will instead plan an invasion of the Russian far east.

But what will the Germans say about this? Are they informed, an aggression from us towards the Soviet Union will most likely cause the Soviets to invade the German puppet states in western Russia as we are allies, and with the German armies in Africa, who knows how far they will advance. The chief of the Army said.

The Emperor looked at him. Are we not already to dependent on the Germans? All of our new research projects are sponsored by them, as an example. No, let us do this without telling them, I'm confident they will manage the Russians. We are allies for now, but sooner or later we wont be and we don't want them to grow even stronger than they already are. This move might hurt them a little or it might hurt them a lot, but an scenario when the Russians can defeat them? No, definitely not. Prepare the troops General, this matter is decided. Hirohito said and walked out of the room. Both generals saluted and went back to their operational headquarters to begin planning the invasion.

In June 1943, the plan was ready, Field Marshal Terauchi was in command, the most senior general in the IJA. According to army intelligence, the Soviet union had more troops. Reports said that they had at least 103 infantry divisions and 7 armored divisions. Japan had 75 divisions ready for the invasion, but no armored ones, although one was in training, but it would not be ready until the autumn.

The IJA would first attack Vladivostok and force the Red Navy out into the sea where it would be sunk, allowing for safe passage for convoys in the area. Troops in north-west China would begin their advance towards the Mongolian capital and force them out of the war. Meanwhile the main force would advance north from Manchuria and then west, seizing the few airbases in Siberia before pushing west on a broad front towards Oms, which was the main target, and setting up a defensive line North – South, cutting the Soviet Union in half. Siberia is a large area and the offensive would go slow, it was possible that the Germans would reach Omsk first, if that's the case, so be it. A lot of the Russian industries and resources is still in Siberia.

If I was SU at this point, I'd declare on Afghan and steamroll through Wakhan province to take that delicious delicious India off you!
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, (It's still a thing)

Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Torres View Post
    Confirmed.
    Nice AAR btw
    Thank you, nice mod =)

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserMuffin View Post
    If I was SU at this point, I'd declare on Afghan and steamroll through Wakhan province to take that delicious delicious India off you!
    Actually I have forces currently being redeployed to the afghan border, but I don't think I will need to DoW afghanistan anyway, Germany got 50+ divisions in Kuwait, I believe they will move north as the war starts.

So what happened to Xibei San Ma? You'll want to take Xinjiang also...they're in the pockets of the Soviets.
    Constantly creating flags.

> Trembling Blue's Colour Scales < - Version 2.0 released! Final version for DH 1.3.

> The best HOI flag depository online <

> RumpNissen's flag packs <

usa won't stand a chance against the might of japan

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    The Sun rises, and so the world trembles.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

First Lieutenant
    Darkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Do you plan on invading the American mainland ? Or just creating a defensive perimeter in the Pacific, like IRL ?

Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TremblingBlue View Post
    So what happened to Xibei San Ma? You'll want to take Xinjiang also...they're in the pockets of the Soviets.
    Xibei San Ma is my puppet since i defeated China. Sinkiang in the west is a soviet puppet, but when i declared war on the soviets they did not join them in the war, might deal with them later but it's a really useless country. I think they have 4 IC.

Quote Originally Posted by whatguts View Post
    usa won't stand a chance against the might of japan
    They most certainly wont!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    The Sun rises, and so the world trembles.
    Indeed it does =)

Quote Originally Posted by jpbfr View Post
    Do you plan on invading the American mainland ? Or just creating a defensive perimeter in the Pacific, like IRL ?
    I have many plans, not sure which to choose yet

Darkest Hour

Part VIII

The Japanese campaign towards the Soviet Union would become one of the longest single engagements of the war, thus far. It proved to be a attrition war with more casualties from the cold than from enemy bullets, even if the enemies bullets did hit many Japanese soldiers.

As the assault began, the Vladivostok defenders put up a good fight. Vladivostok was one of the few provinces the Japanese Air force could support the Japanese troops with bombings as there was few airfield in the Russian far east. Manchurian cavalry divisions advanced around Vladivostok and as the soviet defenders had to retreat, they were captured.

In Choilbalsan and Khabarovsk, for the first time in the war, the Japanese met enemy forces that could compete with them, at least in numbers. As the battle raged on the already broken soviet fighting spirit went even lower. On all Japanese fronts, they retreated.

In the west, Germany and it's allies was caught off guard as the Soviet troops assaulted their positions in retaliation. Heavy fighting took place in the Ukraine and Moscowian fronts. German divisions were however redeployed from Africa to Russia and soon the Soviets retreated there too.

Soon Japanese troops entered the Mongolian capital of Ulaanbaatar and liberated the country from soviet oppression, the Mongolian soldiers had ridiculously outdated equipment and was no match for the Japanese marines. Several strategical important strongholds in Siberia fell during the winter, resistance was meet but did not stop the onslaught. Most of the war was about covering as much ground as possible, fighting the mud and the coming winter. Battles was only fought inside the cities.

In their furious rage, the Soviet leadership issued an order, order 223, the no retreat order. Loyal NKVD detachments sat up an defensive line behind the regular troops as they advanced, if anyone retreated, they were shot. NEVER surrender.

In the race for Omsk, Japanese marine infantry won, defeating the defenders with fearless charges into the city. As the city fell, the Japanese leaders decided that their war goals was completed and no further gains in the west was necessary, now a front line would be created and the Germans would have to deal with the remaining Soviet resistance. In January 1944 only a few cities in the Soviet empire still held out as the Japanese divisions was redeployed back home.

It had been an easy war but with huge casualties. 270.000 soldiers had sacrificed their lives to raise the honor and glory of the empire. They would not be forgotten.

The allies had been quite in the pacific during the Soviet campaign but in early 1944 American fleets began to wreak havoc upon Japanese convoys again. They even tried to capture Truk, the main Japanese naval base in the region, the assault failed however and they suffered heavy casualties. At Iwo Jima, an American carrier bombed the port and an IJN carrier task force engaged several submarine divisions outside the Siberian coast.

It seemed as if the American now had had time to build up their forces and go on the offensive, something had to be done.

In February, the first tank division in the IJA was ready for deployment.

great AAR

now with that tank victory is assured

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour500k club

subscribed.
    "If ever there was a holy war, it was that which saved our liberties and gave us independence." - Thomas Jefferson

GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionHearts of Iron III CollectionIron Cross

Watch out for the US Navy. They come at you in waves.

Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Weserübung View Post
    great AAR

now with that tank victory is assured
    I hope so too bad the US have at least 20 tank divisions, so many they keep them on pacific islands as garrisons ^^

Quote Originally Posted by anakin1390 View Post
    subscribed.
    welcome onboard

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKestrel View Post
    Watch out for the US Navy. They come at you in waves.
    In more than one way =)

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Update?

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Iron Cross500k club

Subscribed!! !

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Darkest HourDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryMajesty 2Majesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k club

Next thing you know, the Japanese will be marching through the streets of San Francisco. Or would that be more like "hiking"?
    Just some guy on the Internet, wherever the Internet may be.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I thought we weren't allowed to post images of swastikas?
    Pono animam Deo, et Patria!

Check out my Musical Atmosphere Improvement MOD --->http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ement-(M.A.I.)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...yzantivm-Novvm <---- My first AAR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2