• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
" Peace was made with Germany and someone called Lenin took over as the Soviet leader, someone very much alike the dead Vladimir Lenin, an imposer, using the fame of the revolutionary leader as a mean to gain control over the civil war that raged in the eastern part of the nation. "

Best part ever... Lenin is eternal

hehe ty =)

wow this gets update quickly!

A little slower now, but another update is due to tomorrow!

is that lenin guy an error ? AFAIK after bitter peace usually beria takes over.

I think they will fix it in the next patch

Part VII

A Small task force embarked from India to capture the British fleets supply depot in Aden. As the Divisions landed and pushed into Aden itself, the Royal Navy had to leave port, only to be engaged by the IJN, hiding behind the horizon. In a series of battles, the Royal Navy lost several battleships and cruisers, the British ships managed to inflict some damage to one of the Japanese carriers, the Unryu. Grand Admiral Nagano decided to not chase after the Royal Navy, better be safe than sorry, so he withdrew to Rangoon to begin repairs.

adenbattle.jpg

After the victory in India versus the allies, and the German onslaught into Africa, the Japanese leadership saw no benefits to begin an campaign in Africa. Instead the forces should be reorganized and reformed into new armies. Most of the Japanese divisions was sent by train through China to Korea. New infantry divisions had been trained and also sent to Korea, forming a new army there.

In Tokyo

Emperor Hirohito had summoned the chief of staff and the chief of army to his Palace.

The victory in the pacific and the successful conquest of India have clearly created new opportunities. Our divisions in Korea, are they up for a new task?

I'm sure you highness. Both ministers said.

Good. In the last months, the Soviet Union have been sending demands, that we should surrender our claim on Toyohara and cease it to them. I have no no intention of doing so, in secret, we will instead plan an invasion of the Russian far east.

But what will the Germans say about this? Are they informed, an aggression from us towards the Soviet Union will most likely cause the Soviets to invade the German puppet states in western Russia as we are allies, and with the German armies in Africa, who knows how far they will advance. The chief of the Army said.

The Emperor looked at him. Are we not already to dependent on the Germans? All of our new research projects are sponsored by them, as an example. No, let us do this without telling them, I'm confident they will manage the Russians. We are allies for now, but sooner or later we wont be and we don't want them to grow even stronger than they already are. This move might hurt them a little or it might hurt them a lot, but an scenario when the Russians can defeat them? No, definitely not. Prepare the troops General, this matter is decided. Hirohito said and walked out of the room. Both generals saluted and went back to their operational headquarters to begin planning the invasion.

In June 1943, the plan was ready, Field Marshal Terauchi was in command, the most senior general in the IJA. According to army intelligence, the Soviet union had more troops. Reports said that they had at least 103 infantry divisions and 7 armored divisions. Japan had 75 divisions ready for the invasion, but no armored ones, although one was in training, but it would not be ready until the autumn.

sovjetinvasion.jpg

The IJA would first attack Vladivostok and force the Red Navy out into the sea where it would be sunk, allowing for safe passage for convoys in the area. Troops in north-west China would begin their advance towards the Mongolian capital and force them out of the war. Meanwhile the main force would advance north from Manchuria and then west, seizing the few airbases in Siberia before pushing west on a broad front towards Oms, which was the main target, and setting up a defensive line North – South, cutting the Soviet Union in half. Siberia is a large area and the offensive would go slow, it was possible that the Germans would reach Omsk first, if that's the case, so be it. A lot of the Russian industries and resources is still in Siberia.

sovietinvasion.jpg

Confirmed.
Nice AAR btw :)

Thank you, nice mod =)

If I was SU at this point, I'd declare on Afghan and steamroll through Wakhan province to take that delicious delicious India off you!

Actually I have forces currently being redeployed to the afghan border, but I don't think I will need to DoW afghanistan anyway, Germany got 50+ divisions in Kuwait, I believe they will move north as the war starts.

So what happened to Xibei San Ma? You'll want to take Xinjiang also...they're in the pockets of the Soviets.

The Sun rises, and so the world trembles.:)

So what happened to Xibei San Ma? You'll want to take Xinjiang also...they're in the pockets of the Soviets.

Xibei San Ma is my puppet since i defeated China. Sinkiang in the west is a soviet puppet, but when i declared war on the soviets they did not join them in the war, might deal with them later but it's a really useless country. I think they have 4 IC.

usa won't stand a chance against the might of japan

They most certainly wont!

The Sun rises, and so the world trembles.:)

Indeed it does =)

Do you plan on invading the American mainland ? Or just creating a defensive perimeter in the Pacific, like IRL ?

I have many plans, not sure which to choose yet ;)

Part VIII

The Japanese campaign towards the Soviet Union would become one of the longest single engagements of the war, thus far. It proved to be a attrition war with more casualties from the cold than from enemy bullets, even if the enemies bullets did hit many Japanese soldiers.

As the assault began, the Vladivostok defenders put up a good fight. Vladivostok was one of the few provinces the Japanese Air force could support the Japanese troops with bombings as there was few airfield in the Russian far east. Manchurian cavalry divisions advanced around Vladivostok and as the soviet defenders had to retreat, they were captured.

In Choilbalsan and Khabarovsk, for the first time in the war, the Japanese met enemy forces that could compete with them, at least in numbers. As the battle raged on the already broken soviet fighting spirit went even lower. On all Japanese fronts, they retreated.

russiainitialbattle1.jpg

In the west, Germany and it's allies was caught off guard as the Soviet troops assaulted their positions in retaliation. Heavy fighting took place in the Ukraine and Moscowian fronts. German divisions were however redeployed from Africa to Russia and soon the Soviets retreated there too.

Soon Japanese troops entered the Mongolian capital of Ulaanbaatar and liberated the country from soviet oppression, the Mongolian soldiers had ridiculously outdated equipment and was no match for the Japanese marines. Several strategical important strongholds in Siberia fell during the winter, resistance was meet but did not stop the onslaught. Most of the war was about covering as much ground as possible, fighting the mud and the coming winter. Battles was only fought inside the cities.

russiainitialbattle2.jpg

In their furious rage, the Soviet leadership issued an order, order 223, the no retreat order. Loyal NKVD detachments sat up an defensive line behind the regular troops as they advanced, if anyone retreated, they were shot. NEVER surrender.

neversurrender.jpg

In the race for Omsk, Japanese marine infantry won, defeating the defenders with fearless charges into the city. As the city fell, the Japanese leaders decided that their war goals was completed and no further gains in the west was necessary, now a front line would be created and the Germans would have to deal with the remaining Soviet resistance. In January 1944 only a few cities in the Soviet empire still held out as the Japanese divisions was redeployed back home.

kurganfinal.jpg

It had been an easy war but with huge casualties. 270.000 soldiers had sacrificed their lives to raise the honor and glory of the empire. They would not be forgotten.

The allies had been quite in the pacific during the Soviet campaign but in early 1944 American fleets began to wreak havoc upon Japanese convoys again. They even tried to capture Truk, the main Japanese naval base in the region, the assault failed however and they suffered heavy casualties. At Iwo Jima, an American carrier bombed the port and an IJN carrier task force engaged several submarine divisions outside the Siberian coast.

navalbattles.jpg

It seemed as if the American now had had time to build up their forces and go on the offensive, something had to be done.

In February, the first tank division in the IJA was ready for deployment.

tankdiv.jpg

subscribed.

Next thing you know, the Japanese will be marching through the streets of San Francisco. Or would that be more like "hiking"?

I thought we weren't allowed to post images of swastikas?