Thread: System Requirements For Salem?

System Requirements For Salem?

Hey all,

I've been following Salem's development for a while and am really excited to start playing it soon. However, before I get my hopes too high, I was wondering if anyone knew the system requirements needed to play Salem? The graphics don't look too demanding, which is encouraging for me, but I'd like to have some solid information before I jump in headfirst. Any ideas?

I don't know much on this but this might be helpful.

http://forum.salemgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=96

anyone else got info, I would like to know more on this as well.

Thanks for that information, M_So! I have quite an old laptop which uses the Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, so I'm a little concerned about compatibility :S

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

If you can play Runescape, you can play this... I guess.
    There's foxes in the hen house,' cows out in the corn. The unions have been busted, their proud red banners torn'

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

That wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say. I don't play Runescape, so I wouldn't know how close they are. (Didn't they go through a graphics update a few years ago to a newer version of OpenGL?)

What I can say is this: if you're video card properly supports OpenGL 1.4, you're good to go. As far as a processor and memory, you might be able to get by with 512 MB and a sub 2GHz processor.

I have the same thread here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ren-t-working)
    I've linked to posts for specific chipsets with some possible solutions. Since you mentioned you have the 965, I'm guessing you've read the post. All I can suggest is trying the third party driver. Several people have said it works, but I won't give any recommendation as I've not downloaded and inspected.
    Salem forum Demi-Mod

Colonel

MagicMan, I dont think this user has access to those forums. There have been problems with the GM965 chipset though. Some people have been able to make them work, and others have not, but we cannot help you until you are able to try the game.
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Ozzy Osbourne

Quote Originally Posted by staxjax View Post
    MagicMan, I dont think this user has access to those forums. There have been problems with the GM965 chipset though. Some people have been able to make them work, and others have not, but we cannot help you until you are able to try the game.
    You're right, staxjax, in that I cannot view those forums (yet!). However, I believe that what is contained in MagicManICT's link is the same information as the first link provided M_So, which I can read. Regardless, I wont be able to know anything for certain until I'm playing the beta, so I'll have to persevere and keep y'all informed

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

I wasn't sure if the public could see the forums at salemgame.com or not. If nothing else, it's there for future reference.
    Salem forum Demi-Mod

For the MotherlandVictoria II: Heart of DarknessHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nope, salemgame.com forums shouldn't yet be open to all as far as I know.
    When I use this color, I have my moderator hat on. Forum User Agreement and Rules