+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: APD 3.1.1 download/feedback thread (PDM for AHD)

APD 3.1.1 download/feedback thread (PDM for AHD)

link: http://www.filedropper.com/apd311

Alt link: Filesmelt's down, and Mediafire just spits IO errors at me.

Checksum MELV

1) Go and buy a copy of AHD.
    2) install it over your copy of V2.
    3) Patch it to 2.31
    4) Download APD 3.1.1
    5) Delete any existing mod folders before installing.
    6) Extract the zip to your Victoria 2\Mod folder.
    7) Go to the My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria 2\PDM folder and delete the map cache there.
    8) Fire up the launcher, select 'A POP Divided' from the bottom-left menu, and press 'play'.

The economy still needs more work done, I think - Possibly I need to rebalance some of the terrain penalties, since I think Hib may have been a little over-zealous in some cases.

I need feedback on the navy stuff please.
    Last edited by Naselus; 05-08-2012 at 02:54.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

Haha, I was just thinking "Man, I want to start a new game but I want to play with the new navy. Oh well, guess I'll download 3.1 and roll with it." Sweet.

I just loaded up as Serbia, and right away their entire population is starving

edit: it fixed itself, but it took a few months, which is a bit odd. Also, did the soldier pop requirement change? Serbia used to be able to recruit 5 units at the start, but now they can only have 2, with the same starting soldier %. I always got the feeling that the old 1000 pop requirement (with 1k units) was never fully fixed, was this brought back into line?
    Last edited by fenwayb; 04-08-2012 at 23:14.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Got checksum MELV

For the sake of too obedient ones, shouldn't there be "Download APD 3.1.1"?
    MELV here confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by fenwayb View Post
    Also, did the soldier pop requirement change? Serbia used to be able to recruit 5 units at the start, but now they can only have 2, with the same starting soldier %. I always got the feeling that the old 1000 pop requirement (with 1k units) was never fully fixed, was this brought back into line?
    This definitely seems to be the case. I just loaded up a japan game I started this morning with 3.1.0 which, once unified, supported about 250 units, and now it only supports 120. Was this intentional or not? Either way, I'm kind of in two minds about whether or not I like it. I hate controlling large armies, but they do feel a lot more epic. The Boshin War was a lot more intersting with major, almost 1mil men battles...As was my Germany game in which there was always 3-4 300-400k on each side battles in my wars with Austria/Russia. Though, as I said, they can be kind of a pain to control, and it's not exactly realistic either (1k = 3k). I also can't seem to tell if this helps or hurts minors; as Serbia in 3.1.0, with 5% soldiers I could raise a 10 unit army with a little room to spare and could mobilize 3 more, but now, it'd be less than half of that,and a third of the mobilization. On the flip side, the larger nations around me also have a lot less...
    Last edited by fenwayb; 05-08-2012 at 02:35.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The five year plan decision doesn't have a title localization.
    Knowledge is power. Hide it well.

Quote Originally Posted by fenwayb View Post
    This definitely seems to be the case. I just loaded up a japan game I started this morning with 3.1.0 which, once unified, supported about 250 units, and now it only supports 120. Was this intentional or not? Either way, I'm kind of in two minds about whether or not I like it. I hate controlling large armies, but they do feel a lot more epic. The Boshin War was a lot more intersting with major, almost 1mil men battles...As was my Germany game in which there was always 3-4 300-400k on each side battles in my wars with Austria/Russia. Though, as I said, they can be kind of a pain to control, and it's not exactly realistic either (1k = 3k). I also can't seem to tell if this helps or hurts minors; as Serbia in 3.1.0, with 5% soldiers I could raise a 10 unit army with a little room to spare and could mobilize 3 more, but now, it'd be less than half of that,and a third of the mobilization. On the flip side, the larger nations around me also have a lot less...
    It's intentional. The system atm is 3k per unit, but the first unit only requires 100 people. This way, we get faster post-war recovery, but also less unit micromanagement, and we avoid having situations where you have thousands of soldiers and can't raise a single unit.

If people preferred the 3.1.1 system then I'll switch it back or do some combination of the two; I'm still juggling with how best to do units, really.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    It's intentional. The system atm is 3k per unit, but the first unit only requires 100 people. This way, we get faster post-war recovery, but also less unit micromanagement, and we avoid having situations where you have thousands of soldiers and can't raise a single unit.

If people preferred the 3.1.1 system then I'll switch it back or do some combination of the two; I'm still juggling with how best to do units, really.
    Okay, I just wasn't sure cause it didn't seemed to be mentioned anywhere. As to which one I prefer, as I said, both ways have their pros and cons, but I think the most important thing to look at is how it balances between major and minor countries; If minor countries aren't able to raise effective armies with this system, then I think the other one or some other system entirely would work better, because most minor nations should be able to hold their own in some capacity.

edit: and if it does stay like this, then I think the starting oobs need to be looked at then, because many countries now start with troops they can't support.
    Last edited by fenwayb; 05-08-2012 at 03:02.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I vastly prefer less unit micromanagement so I like the new method The war system in Victoria is decent but the late game often gets tiresome with having enormous numbers of units to manage...
    Kingdom of Jerusalem Mod for EU3 - All new missions, decisions, and events for the Knights, Cyprus, and the Kingdom of Jerusalem... Go Crusading and restore the Holy Land to it's rightful owners!

Can't wait to try out those subs.

I'll have to play it and see, but less micromanagement sounds good. I occaissionally play Russia, and having to organize their 600-brigade military is a major pain in the rear even with rally points and auto-merge.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonm View Post
    I vastly prefer less unit micromanagement so I like the new method The war system in Victoria is decent but the late game often gets tiresome with having enormous numbers of units to manage...
    tbh, I still think the 1000-man unit approach is the ideal solution, but the AI can't hack it. 3000 is such an awkward size for every other aspect of the game.

Whats with the massive boost in Egypt's military? Two years in the game they break away and its like a swarm coming from them. :x I cant even fight so many troops, its insane! I don't understand how they can support such a huge military and the OE cannot, the recent update takes a big hit on the OE economy so having a large military is kind of difficult.
    My Pirate Mod
    Feel free to take ideas from it, or expand on it if you wish.

Iberia for PDM/APD

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by TAoD View Post
    Whats with the massive boost in Egypt's military? Two years in the game they break away and its like a swarm coming from them. :x I cant even fight so many troops, its insane! I don't understand how they can support such a huge military and the OE cannot, the recent update takes a big hit on the OE economy so having a large military is kind of difficult.
    Yeah, Egypt has an army as large as the OE's.
    Believe in the ball, and throw yourself.
    - A few wise words from a Janitor

Well Ive tried several times to outmaneuver the Egyptians, and Ive lost three times in a row because they just have way too many troops. Im waiting on an update on this one, because its insanely difficult right now.
    My Pirate Mod
    Feel free to take ideas from it, or expand on it if you wish.

Iberia for PDM/APD

Darkest HourHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Sardegna - Piemont starts with 11 out of 9 possible brigades, and most French starting Brigades are yellow; I understand that this brigade configuration is for testing purposes, but if it is retained there must be some realocation and remodification of starting units...

...plus, if the brigade remains at 3k you should probably increase their attack/defence values to former glory

Is 1861 start playable ? I'm wavering between 1836 Austria and 1861 CSA...
    "The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton

Join the Paradoxian Union of Lottocrats !

Quote Originally Posted by Magean View Post
    Is 1861 start playable ? I'm wavering between 1836 Austria and 1861 CSA...
    'Yes' but not really. It's not really supported, but it's sorta playable. That said, it's pointless. Play as the USA for a couple of years and when the civil war comes up, you can choose to side with the CSA.

Professional forum-troll ;) Yosiu's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Economy changed a lot. Variety of goods is very nice, also artisian are profitable.
    Unfortunately economy is waaaaay to strict for my taste.
    At beginning of game, RGO's worker can't afford 30% of everyday goods so militancy skyrocket. I got nationalist rebels everywher, i even had bylorussian and siberian rebel as russia (accepted and primary culture, not some harrased minorities)
    even england has a problem not getting angry mob in every RGO. few countries have collapsed due to rebels in few years of game.
    Propably basic efficiency of RGO will have to be risen (or everyday good militancy limit lowered)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast