+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: A few questions.

  1. #1
    First Lieutenant Rajputs's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Mewar
    Posts
    261

    A few questions.

    I was wondering how you can see claim on Germany or Prussia when you are forming either one.
    Also is there something that allows countries to get defected provinces from occupied nations.
    And while playing as Brandenburg I saw England get Paris and France collapse into Dauphine.

  2. #2
    About claims, just look up the regions map mode and count how many provinces in that region that you own. Or, more realistically, just wait and play normally. It updates ~every year so you will see when you have enough provinces. For the record, vassals add to your province score (but personal unions don't).

    Countries can get provinces defecting if the culture is the same as yours or if you are Russian and the province in question is a horde province. (or if you are byzantine or turkish and the province is in the crimea).

    The french collapse is part of the Hundred Years War. A part of history that is about halfway in progress at the gamestart. Quite interesting to be honest. If England can take control of Paris then France will collapse into another nation and england has the opportunity to form the Anglo-French Union. Very powerful, very scary and very rarely formed by an AI England.

  3. #3
    Simian Commissar SirkTheMonkey's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    About claims, just look up the regions map mode and count how many provinces in that region that you own. Or, more realistically, just wait and play normally. It updates ~every year so you will see when you have enough provinces. For the record, vassals add to your province score (but personal unions don't).
    Countries can get provinces defecting if the culture is the same as yours or if you are Russian and the province in question is a horde province. (or if you are byzantine or turkish and the province is in the crimea).
    The french collapse is part of the Hundred Years War. A part of history that is about halfway in progress at the gamestart. Quite interesting to be honest. If England can take control of Paris then France will collapse into another nation and england has the opportunity to form the Anglo-French Union. Very powerful, very scary and very rarely formed by an AI England.
    PUs do count.
    War Dynamism can fire if the culture of the province is identical to yours (say Portugal is liberating a Portuguese province) and the owner also isn't the same culture, if it's the same culture group as you (say a northern Italian state rescuing another Latin province) and the owner isn't in the culture group, or some special cases like Russians versus the Hordes or Langue d' Oil nations (France) grabbing Langue d' Oc provinces.
    Oh wow, I haven't seen an AI pull that one off by themselves. As Blxz said, England will be a monster because Dauphine is now their vassal.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

    <Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Cro˙, Willems-Hopegood)

  4. #4
    First Lieutenant Rajputs's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Mewar
    Posts
    261
    About claims, just look up the regions map mode and count how many provinces in that region that you own. Or, more realistically, just wait and play normally. It updates ~every year so you will see when you have enough provinces. For the record, vassals add to your province score (but personal unions don't).
    This helped quite a bit thanks!

    By defecting I mean once England had occupied a French provinces for I long time a event popped up saying that you can
    annex this province for 1 infamy.

    As Blxz said, England will be a monster because Dauphine is now their vassal
    From my Brandenburg save I played as England and saw that they can't negotiate peace as a vassal is the
    a war leader and therefore they can't negotiate with Dauphine either. However they still keep getting provinces
    because of that event I mentioned earlier.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    PUs do count.
    I was unaware of this. I thought Gigau experimented with it but it was causing issues so it was disabled in the latest version? Guess I am mistaken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajputs View Post
    By defecting I mean once England had occupied a French provinces for I long time a event popped up saying that you can
    annex this province for 1 infamy.
    Thats the War dynamicism event both sirk and I were referring to. Since england at gamestart is part of one of the french cultures (or maybe part of the culture group?) they can get that event to fire on french provinces. But if they get forced out of mainland europe then they will change over to english.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajputs View Post
    From my Brandenburg save I played as England and saw that they can't negotiate peace as a vassal is the
    a war leader and therefore they can't negotiate with Dauphine either. However they still keep getting provinces
    because of that event I mentioned earlier.
    This is unlucky for you. It is caused when you are choosing what country you want to play at the beginning and you back and forward in the timeline. In future make sure you never move BACK in time on that screen. You may have to edit the save files to fix this problem. An unfortunate bug but not one that the mod can fix I don't think.

  6. #6
    Also worth mentioning that War Dynamism also fires on cores, and England has cores in a sizeable portion of southern France at the start of the game.

  7. #7
    Simian Commissar SirkTheMonkey's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofistication View Post
    Also worth mentioning that War Dynamism also fires on cores, and England has cores in a sizeable portion of southern France at the start of the game.
    Of course, how could I forget that twice in explanations in one day. Thanks for the reminder.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

    <Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Cro˙, Willems-Hopegood)

  8. #8
    First Lieutenant Rajputs's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Mewar
    Posts
    261
    Does War Dynamism only happen with England and France or with any country at war with another of the same culture?

  9. #9
    Simian Commissar SirkTheMonkey's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajputs View Post
    Does War Dynamism only happen with England and France or with any country at war with another of the same culture?
    War Dynamism happens when you're at war with someone of a different culture who has provinces of your culture, when you have cores on the provinces, or in a few special cases like the steppes.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

    <Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Cro˙, Willems-Hopegood)

  10. #10
    First Lieutenant Rajputs's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Mewar
    Posts
    261
    War Dynamism happens when you're at war with someone of a different culture who has provinces of your culture, when you have cores on the provinces, or in a few special cases like the steppes.
    That explained a lot, thanks

  11. #11
    General Dutchling's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,803
    As this thread already exists I see no need to create another one:
    There are two provinces in Fez with almost the same name: Tamarzit and Tamarzirt. Is this intended? As it is quite confusing.
    Is Granada supposed to DoW Castille on day 1 every single game?
    Are Muslims supposed to not get royal marriages? If that is the case, could you add an alternative way of increasing legitimacy? (basing it on prestige or so).
    Does the 'improved AI' cause things like Hafsid attacking England and Savoy attacking France (with predictable outcomes...) or is that just the regular AI?

  12. #12
    Simian Commissar SirkTheMonkey's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchling View Post
    Is Granada supposed to DoW Castille on day 1 every single game?
    Are Muslims supposed to not get royal marriages? If that is the case, could you add an alternative way of increasing legitimacy? (basing it on prestige or so).
    Granada and Castille not only have cores on each other's lands but they also get events and missions forcing them to war.
    I think that's a work in progress.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

    <Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Cro˙, Willems-Hopegood)

  13. #13
    Lt. General NorwayBernd's Avatar
    Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,268
    And indeed, only Christians can get royal marriages now. Something to replace that is currently being worked on, but until that's finished, the "National Epic" cultural decision is the best way to keep legitimacy up if you're in a regency council.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

    "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by NorwayBernd View Post
    And indeed, only Christians can get royal marriages now. Something to replace that is currently being worked on, but until that's finished, the "National Epic" cultural decision is the best way to keep legitimacy up if you're in a regency council.
    And at +5% per year, it works quite well.

  15. #15
    Lt. General Tallfellow's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    1,297
    I'm pretty sure that Gigau will allow Muslim countries to have Royal Marriages in the next update, until the new system is ready to be put in play.
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

  16. #16
    F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

    83

    200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Posts
    21,705
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    Granada and Castille not only have cores on each other's lands but they also get events and missions forcing them to war.
    Yes, but it shouldn't be on first day of game each time...
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

    Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

    M&T Subforum | M&T en Franēais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts