• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I editted my post, that torrent site took it down so I put it up at The Pirate Bay instead.

Hot fix is included yes :)

They took it down too. Why a torrent and not just a compressed file on a traditional file sharing site like Mega?

Strange that Pirate Bay, of all places, took it down.

Yes, it worked for me.

Well the Soviets seem bit weaker now as mentioned, but everything went good on my part this time so. Nevertheless see how vicious amount of troops they can pump out now.

barbarossa.png

What comes to japs they are doing quite well (no pearl harbour yet, will give some screens from their progress when it happens) previous game they annexed china in early 1941 so definately better!

japan.png

The hot-fix only updated the events. AI changes are already included in Barbarossa version.

Btw, I will be working on a new small update to be released in 2-3 weeks. It will be called 'Churchill'. Please feel free to let me know about any request (especially on research, upgrade/reinforce time and the combat system : battle outcomes should be a little bit more random).

There may not have been successful landings, which is quite different. You can check invasion.txt file to see AI landing activity.

Hey, I just had a chance to check, and there weren't any attempted amphibious landings on continental Europe I could see from that file. Strange, as I see it quite often in vanilla DH, but I think the massive toll of sunk transports probably played an important role. The AI just isn't that good at handling its naval assets (not that I am blaming you at all for this, I have never seen the AI capably using its navy :laugh:)

On the subject of Japan, I have seen them overrun China in every game so far. They usually don't get very far at the start, but landings along the coast in '38 speed things up, and by '39 they have ground them back and overrun them completely. Which, personally, is great to see. However the AI of the puppeted China acts very strangely. They seem to be incapable of reacting to threats in Asia. Have seen the UK overrun them from Hong Kong simply because they never opposed them. Also seen the Communists overrun them too. Not sure if this is the same in every game, but so far a puppeted China, far from being something of a local powerhouse, is a complete pushover.

Btw, I will be working on a new small update to be released in 2-3 weeks. It will be called 'Churchill'. Please feel free to let me know about any request (especially on research, upgrade/reinforce time and the combat system : battle outcomes should be a little bit more random).

I will have a look on CAS attack/groundattack/disintegration and tell you.

AI USSR always DoWs Germany in the spring or summer of 1942 it seems, you may have to do likewise if you could not trigger a Germany DoW in 1941.

p.s. Fernando.. I'd consider adding sverdosk back to the list of cities needed to trigger Bitter Peace, because its true that right now its a mad motorized infantry rush to Moscow/Stalingrad/Baku for the event. I understand trying to model the IRL situation in 1941, the big gamble and all, but I already miss my excruciating struggle through 1942,1943,1944 vs. the monster USSR that slowly wins vs. my best efforts.

Yeah I know, some of us can't ever be happy! Good job on the mod as it is now though, it may be the perfect balance now for a VERY fun human Japan (or Italy, or axis minor) game actually, i'll do that next.

I'm very unlikely to alter vanilla's events files. A few days ago, people were saying "this mod is unplayable, Red Army too strong.."
Honestly a very strong red army is really a must have for a human Germany, it is THE challenge of ww2 games and one of the most important points of history progression. Sure the free aspect of the AI aids can be toned down, and maybe the units can be of older models, the free gifts be delayed in times or be put by smaller/more disparate waves, so the challenge can be more fair.
Also a strong red army AI, is needed to push history into a plausible hist direction in DH. Even if JAP wins in China, or USA never makes DDay, then atleast USSR can accomplish one side of history and set up the major points of later events..