• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm planning on re-using the Free/Closed society policy slider for another purpose. I have moved and tweaked its effects to the Democracy/Dictatorship slider.
What new slider would you suggest? I would like implementing a system akin to the mobilization slider, which can only be moved with decisions.

same thing I also want move mobilation by myself
No that is not what I meant.. Quite the contrary: implement another slider which can be moved only via decision/event. I was thinking about something to simulate public opinion support to the ongoing war (from total to zero).

Do you have any plans/events in your mind for:

1936 Olympics? - Germany can hold the olympics by decision and this improves the relations and reduces the aggression-value.
Mefo-Wechsel? - Was one of the Germany tricks to finance the rearament -See Mefo Bills
Röhm-Putsch? - If you consider this mod to start 1933 it would be a possible option to get rid of Hitler or it sets the autocracy slider higher.
Re-integration of the Saar? - Don't know if this is represented by event because I have not played 1933. Are waitung for 1.03.
Anglo-German Naval Agreement? - Another important point.

Small things:
Nazi book burnings - May 1933. Sets the community slider more to closed. Small dissent.

I'm planning on re-using the Free/Closed society policy slider for another purpose. I have moved and tweaked its effects to the Democracy/Dictatorship slider.
What new slider would you suggest? I would like implementing a system akin to the mobilization slider, which can only be moved with decisions.
one of the effects could be citizenship benefits- more manpower and tax growth

Do you have any plans/events in your mind for:

1936 Olympics? - Germany can hold the olympics by decision and this improves the relations and reduces the aggression-value.
Mefo-Wechsel? - Was one of the Germany tricks to finance the rearament -See Mefo Bills
Röhm-Putsch? - If you consider this mod to start 1933 it would be a possible option to get rid of Hitler or it sets the autocracy slider higher.
Re-integration of the Saar? - Don't know if this is represented by event because I have not played 1933. Are waitung for 1.03.
Anglo-German Naval Agreement? - Another important point.

Small things:
Nazi book burnings - May 1933. Sets the community slider more to closed. Small dissent.
Mefo and Saar plebiscite are already in.
1936 Olympics would not really add much to the game imho, apart from "flavour". But as my free time is very limited, I am rather looking for more fundamental changes.
Röhm putsch makes no sense either unless we can provide a database for SA State. We did ask for contributions months ago. But we never found the help we needed and unfortunately I personally don't have the time to find enough SA potential leaders, ministers, tech teams and rewrite all other events accordingly.
And finally, as for naval limitations, it would not work as it should within the current engine. AAR devs know about this.

intriguing. I enjoyed WIF very much in the past. Hopefully this could finally motivate me to play DH instead of HoI3 for a change.
I'm sure you will enjoy DH 1.03/WIF2 a whole lot more than you enjoyed HOI2 WIF!
It's like comparing a child and an adult in terms of maturity. :)

All right. My aim is everytime to give some input thus I also have a long modding path behind me ;)
Looking forward to this mod!
And your events ideas are good. But as said, that is not really the kind of mod I want to make this time. Your events should actually rather be in DHF vanilla.

Right now, I am mainly thinking about the Public Opinion Support slider thingy..

Yes I understand. The last game with the old WIF is a long time ago so I do not really know anymore what were the main ideas behind this mod. But if you generally like I could collect some flavour and db improvement and make a mini-mod for DH-Vanilla. :)

Yes I understand. The last game with the old WIF is a long time ago so I do not really know anymore what were the main ideas behind this mod. But if you generally like I could collect some flavour and db improvement and make a mini-mod for DH-Vanilla. :)
WIF was built to improve AI performance and add tons of historical events.
This WIF2 is meant to improve game experience and realism as Germany (mostly) with new game-play systems as well as combat tweaks. AI and historical events belong to vanilla in my view.

Ok, I got it. But one question at last: Is WIF2 a general mod or a mod that only works with his own scenario? (Like AAR)
It will only work with 1933 scenario. :)
It is meant to be the sort of ultimate historical experience. It's also a way for me to experiment new softcodded systems which could then make their way into the hard-code if they prove successful.

No that is not what I meant.. Quite the contrary: implement another slider which can be moved only via decision/event. I was thinking about something to simulate public opinion support to the ongoing war (from total to zero).
sorry for misunderstanding

New slider

deffensivness/Agressivness

More supply org regain less casualties to more cassualties more attrition less supply

hehe copyrighted by HOI3 finest hour feature