• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whut? Oh, that was such a fun exploit. Selling naval techs and doctrines to the Soviets for cash. I used to exploit the f*ck out of that.
Actually, the Reich sold the blueprint of the main gun/turret of the Bismarck to the Soviets IRL :)

Hey FT,

I can't sell blueprints to foreign (not allied) countries anymore. Is this correct?
In addition to that die OC units are back, also in the build menu.
Is this also correct or did I something wrong during the installation process?

Okay, I think I made a mistake during the installation process. Forget about the O.C. Units.
But I still can't sell blueprints to foreign (not allied) countries anymore, correct?

The event incl. the blueprints for Sub1937 (Operation Ursula?) appears really late, at the beginng of 1938.

Actually, the Reich sold the blueprint of the main gun/turret of the Bismarck to the Soviets IRL :)

Interesting! They probably thought this was a clever move. They should have sold the Soviet blueprints for Maus, Landkreuzer 1000 and 1500 instead.
Barbarossa would have been a cakewalk had the Wehrmacht faced a handful of Landkreuzers instead of 40.000 T-34s...

Some things i noticed:

-Barbarossa and Bitter peace should NOT have Paris in requirements (or at least paris controlled or neutral)
-Bitter Peace should have another trigger, i cannot imagine a soviet state fighting till the urals while on total mob and not having any MP left.
(which just happened in my game, sovs declared war in oct 42 i am in moscow by june 46 having inflicted 50kk losses, mostly due to luftwaffe)

I am now in July 43, attacked the SU in May 42. It's a lot of fun BUT: +30% dissent for total mobilization? What the hell?

The possibility to create "Reichskommissariat Norwegen" disappeaers after a while. Why? Couldn't find the entry in the mod files..

Notized "old" bug for "Build synth. fuel plants": 2x +2 anti air is built in the same province.

hey total mob is nothing but mere volkssturm militias, you lost the war already, you are just not admitting it. this is the last desperate step, just like otl's germany back in '45.

plus it doesnt really give you thet much mp, i bombed the soviets for 4 years till they had to, and they only got 2k mp.
After you depleted your general mob manpower you are pretty much doomed.

Question about a crash that keeps happening.

I do not always have this happen but it does happen enough that its a little frustrating. Each time the crash happen, I am on the economy tab. Doesnt seem to be anything special I do on this tab to make the crash, appears that just being on the tab causes the game to crash to my desktop.

I dont have this happen on the vanilla version of DH or in several other mods I play. Has anyone else come across this and if so, any ideas what I can do to stop it? I apologize if its been covered but I didnt see it anywhere else. I am running the latest version with Dr Bobs update but I have had this issue since Churchill version I think it was, either way, Ive had the issue for awhile now. I only ask now as it caused a crash and I lost a lot of game play which I foolishly didnt save

Outside of this, I greatly enjoy the mod.

I appreciate any help or information on this

I'm running a quick "almost hands-off run" as Germany with the latest beta. Just to check if it's stable and what has changed pre-war.
I couldn't replicate the economy-tab ctd yet.
What I noticed and what will completely change the approach to the game (for the better) is the -25% IC production in the peace-time economy event. As it should equally hit the a.i., it will probably reduce the resource shortages. Plus it won't force you to the IC-only build up strategy pre-war.

Unfortunately there's no Dr.Bob file yet. Bob eliminates the a.i. bonusses in the difficulty file on normal, FT for some reason doesn't. So if you're used to Dr.Bob, then this version will be much harder. I always manually change the a.i. bonus to 0.

PS: The a.i. cheat-events for the Soviets (which btw. are massive!) are in events\gameplay.txt
These events give free manpower, tons of free units, reduce dissent to 0, increase movement speed, combat bonus, raise IC drastically etc. for the Soviet a.i.
If you think the game is too hard, then simply delete the free stuff for the a.i.
I usually nerf the cheat-events by deleting about half of the free stuff. Otherwise I'm forced to play for perfect efficiency (incl. gamey tactics) which is no fun for me. I rather do some whacky Hitler-stuff like building unnecessary huge things. Without the a.i. cheats you can experiment more freely with different strategies.

Last edited:
I'm running a quick "almost hands-off run" as Germany with the latest beta. Just to check if it's stable and what has changed pre-war.
I couldn't replicate the economy-tab ctd yet.
What I noticed and what will completely change the approach to the game (for the better) is the -25% IC production in the peace-time economy event. As it should equally hit the a.i., it will probably reduce the resource shortages. Plus it won't force you to the IC-only build up strategy pre-war.

Unfortunately there's no Dr.Bob file yet. Bob eliminates the a.i. bonusses in the difficulty file on normal, FT for some reason doesn't. So if you're used to Dr.Bob, then this version will be much harder. I always manually change the a.i. bonus to 0.

PS: The a.i. cheat-events for the Soviets (which btw. are massive!) are in events\gameplay.txt
These events give free manpower, tons of free units, reduce dissent to 0, increase movement speed, combat bonus, raise IC drastically etc. for the Soviet a.i.
If you think the game is too hard, then simply delete the free stuff for the a.i.
I usually nerf the cheat-events by deleting about half of the free stuff. Otherwise I'm forced to play for perfect efficiency (incl. gamey tactics) which is no fun for me. I rather do some whacky Hitler-stuff like building unnecessary huge things. Without the a.i. cheats you can experiment more freely with different strategies.

Thanks for the hint!

Whacky Hitler stuff, like SHBB? Or Blitzbombers?

Like superfortresses and bases in Greenland and Iceland. Super heavy tanks. Never before attempted Barbarossa plans (posted some of them in previous pages).

Soviets can still be beaten, even with all the cheatevents. Air superiority is a must though
I'm sure the land fort strategy I used in several earlier games still works. With the right ministers (Todt) and events they are super cheap and can be spammed to produce traps for uber encirclements.
I hate the huge Soviet airforce via cheat events. So I never bothered with a Luftwaffe.