• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fernando Torres

Darkest Hour Game Designer
48 Badges
Dec 2, 2006
rayan-nezzar.fr
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles

Adolf Hitler said:
'We may be destroyed, but if we are, we shall drag a world with us - a world in flames.'

The most popular Hearts of Iron mod returns. As nations prepare for the inevitable clash, lead your people to glory and dominate the world - a 'World in Flames'.

What is this mod, exactly? The first post doesn't say.

An upgrade to the standard ww2 1933 scenario. A big upgrade.

Just download it, its the best for ww2 DH.

WIFII is basically the best German scenario there is

Compatible with DH 1.05.1 only

Installation instructions

- Prepare working DH 1.05 version and apply 1.05.1 patch
- Copy your Mods/Darkest Hour Full folder and rename this copy to 'World in Flames 2'
- Download and apply the Official Graphic Pack and the WIF2 Music Pack
- Download and apply World in Flames II (June 2019)
- Enjoy

Note: The mod is meant to be played with 1914 (more details below ;) ) or 1933 scenario.

Back to where it all started.

Tanks, bombers, submarines. All formed the backbone of modern armies during WW2. But all were invented decades before. So we’re going back to where it all started. To the war that changed warfare.

Yes, WiF now offers a WW1 playable scenario ;)

On the 28th of June 1914, Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir presumptive to the Austro-Hungarian throne and an advocate for increased federalism, visits Sarajevo with his wife Sophie. Tensions were already rising in the Balkans region, the powder keg of Europe. They would soon trigger an unstoppable chain of events leading to the bloodiest conflict the world had ever known.

Guns of August’ new scenario will immerge you in an era where artillery was still the queen of the battlefield, and trenches disfigured the landscape as millions of soldiers and their officers found out that the war would be longer than expected. An era of intense diplomatic battles, of unprecedented economic mobilization and of revolutions in the art of warfare.

Among dozens of new features, Guns of August introduces campaign goals for major nations, stalemate warfare simulated by dig-in bonuses, secret weapons unlocked once belligerents search for new ways to win the war, renewed strategic importance for German African colonies, and so on.

This is WW1 as you never knew it.

View attachment 488489

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
This is GREAT news!

Because the mod is bound to be one of the very best.
Because I think we're all dying to know what/how any new event/ai writing stuff is going to be in 1.03, and by picking over this mod, we'll all learn how it is to be done.. correctly!
I mean, it is bound to have all the new stuff used within it, and the easiest way to learn modding, is to have a working game, and watch the events in action, and then read through them to learn how it is done. And if FT is doing it, then it's going to be correct.

And its good for the overall future of Darkest Hour.

Is this mod going to be as hard as the original ?? Back then, I couldn't get past France as Germany. Also ,what do you mean by "unfair difficulty levels"? I loved WIF , can't wait for the second ;)

You release the mod and not the Gameversion, the mod requires. So i guess, Beta 1.03 will be released in some days? Hope so, please!!

I hope so too. Before the end of the month if all goes well.

Is this mod going to be as hard as the original ?? Back then, I couldn't get past France as Germany. Also ,what do you mean by "unfair difficulty levels"? I loved WIF , can't wait for the second ;)

It will be harder than DH Full. I will gradually improve and adjust it as time and version pass.

You release the mod and not the Gameversion, the mod requires. So i guess, Beta 1.03 will be released in some days? Hope so, please!!

Yes I was thinking the same thing, that this really means that the beta patch will be released very soon!

Based on an excellent idea from Andrea, I just implemented this:

- Added new 'Campaign Goals' system for Germany. At the start of Polish, French and Russian campaigns, an event will give you the opportunity to gamble on your success and win the reward. However, if you fail, you will receive the appropriate punishment!

958094Sanstitre.png