• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

addsub

First Lieutenant
70 Badges
Apr 15, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
House Terrick of the Riverlands
House_Terrick.PNG

The year is 282 years since Aegon the Conqueror landed in Westeros and united six of the seven Kingdoms under the Iron Throne ruled by House Targaryen. Rhaegar Targaryen has kidnapped Lyanna Stark who was betrothed to Robert Baratheon. The ladies brother rode and demanded her freedom, but the Mad King Aerys II had him and all his companions arrested for "treason". Aerys orders all the prisoners father to ride south to answer for their sons actions. Upon there arrival all were brutally murdered by the Mad King. Soon afterwards Aerys order Jon Arryn Defender of the Vale and Warden of the East to send him the heads of Eddard Stark now Lord of the North and Robert Baratheon. Arryan in answer calls his banner to him in rebellion against the Mad King. Eddard and Robert each headed to their homes to raise their banners also. Lord Hoster Tulley of Riverrun weds his two daughters to Eddard Stark and Jon Arryn, so the Tulleys join the rebellion and Hoster calls his banners to him.

Amongst these banners is the small force of House Terrick a House from the eastern bank of the Green Fork. The Kingsroad runs through Terrick land. If a Stark army were to march South it would most likely pass through Terrick lands. To the south House Mooton has stayed loyal to the Iron Throne. War will likely come to House Terrick wither they wish to fight or not.

Marching to War

Marching to War

"My Lord Terrick, a raven has arrived from Riverun, Lord Hoster has called his banner men to arms" Jeoffrey said to his liege lord. Jeoffrey was the Master of Arms at Castle Wycombe he was a man of some thirty years. He and his Lord were as brothers to each other despite Jeoffrey being low born.

Lord Gendry Terrick was twenty-seven years old he had married a lowborn woman much to his fathers disapproval. Despite seven years of marriage no child had been produced. Despite his love of justice he was also a cruel man manly to those who deserved it but none the less he was not a kind man. Lord Hoster Tulley disliked Gendry but Gendry had even greater dislike for Hoster. In Gendry's eyes the High Lordship of the Trident belonged to him and House Terrick. But the Tullys held the title.

"Send a Raven back to Riverrun saying I shall not march to join Lord Tulley at Riverun. I will march south with the Frey forces when they arrive." Gendry had no desire to join his troops to those of the Tulleys. "My Lord that won't be possible, Lord Frey has declared himself neutral in this war as have the Lannisters and Greyjoys they will have no part in it" Jeoffrey knew his Lord hated bad news so these words were brave of him to say. "WHAT!? THAT NO GOOD OLD BASTARD!" Gendry knew this put him in a bad position, if the war went in favour of the Iron Throne no doubt Frey would join the winning side, thus leaving his holdings open and ripe for plunder and looting. "What of House Mooton to the south? Who have they declared for?" "The Crown my Lord" Replied Jeoffrey. Only three lords east of the Green Fork had stayed loyal to the Tulleys. Each could raise about 800-900 men each. "Very well then assemble all of our troops here every man we can spare is to be armed. And from this point onwards I am establishing a household guard." Gendry would rather his 800 alone than fight alongside the Tulleys."I will personally see that ravens are sent to Wyctown and Combetown my lord". Jeoffrey left his Lords chambers.

Three days later Lord Terrick mounted his horse in the courtyard of Castle Wycombe. He worn plate armour from head to foot. Atop his helm was a four headed eagle. He wore a great surcoat that ended at his feet that bore the crest of House Terrick. Behind him were arrayed first his newly formed Household guard, all wore the colours and crest of House Terrick. Behind them were his own troops from Castle Wycombe, the rest of the men behind those can from the towns of Wyctown and Combetown. Roughly one thousand men had come to their Lords Castle. Only a handful of these men were in horseback and even fewer were Knights. Gendry Terricks force or "army" as he called it was commanded by himself in the centre with his own men, on his left were the men from Wyctown and the right Combetown. Jeoffrey was in command of the men from Combetown. Lord Terrick turned his horse and rode down the line of his men, cheers erupted from them. As he rode past he shouted the Words of House Terrick. "LIFE IS SHORT, GLORY ETERNAL!" His men cheered him all the more.

Within an twenty minutes of leaving the Castle they would be on the Kingsroad and heading south. House Terrick had little love for their neighbours ever but Gendry had tried to become more friendly with them. He hoped that he could get them to raise all their men and join him in his march south to Darry and seize the Castle. If he successfully did this he would be able to hold one of the few possible crossing of the Trident that was not deep in the Riverlands. In his eyes doubtless this would gain him glory and also surely the High Lordship of the Trident for such a brilliant plan.

Lord Terricks tent was filled with his commanders. The siege of Harroway had lasted three months so far. The Castle overlooked the Trident. Gendry looked back bitterly to two months ago when House Keath Forces numbering eight hundred had marched across the Trident with no support offered to the siege. Lord Terrick had called Lord Keath a weakling and coward. His words had been met with nothing but cold silence. All of the Houses east of the Trident had gone to Riverun save house Terricks forces.*

"My Lord a messenger from the castle" The guard announced as he showed a thin looking man into the tent.*
"Lord Terrick I have come to offer terms for surrender"*"Speak ser and you shall be heard" Gendry sat to listen to the man.*

The sigil of House Terrick was flown atop Harroways highest tower. Gendry Terrick had taken a castle and gained wealth and renown. He was a happy man. The first blood belonged to House Terrick not one of the great houses but him!*

"Lord Terrick a raven has arrived from Kingslanding" the old maester said. "It was intended for the commander of the castle prior to you capturing it. It says that Baratheon forces whilst besieging the capital were attacked by all the might of the Iron Throne. It says that forty-three thousand men fought for the Iron Throne. " By the Seven! That many so quickly assembled!?" Gendry was panicking now. The might of the Stormlands had been destroyed in a single day! Doubtless Dornish forces would now begin to siege Stormland fortresses. " What of the army?! Where be they headed now!?" Pray to the Seven not toasted him, he thought. " Prince Rhaegar himself is leading thirty-thousand towards Harrenhal. And to secure the Trident crossings." The old maester seemed happy with this news. "Order my men to begin preparations we march again!"*

Once again Terrick forces were on the march. Behind them lay Castle Harroway and the Trident. Ahead home and their women and children. Gendry had hoped to seize more lands but the approach of Targaryen forces had forced him to retreat. He was a proud man and hated to run but he knew even the might of all the Riverlands could not defeat the approaching army.*

With in two days of the return to Wycombe Castle two ravens arrived in quick succession. The first brought news that a great battle had been fought on the eastern bank of the gods eye. The battle had lasted eight longs hours. But at the end most the might of the Riverlands lay dead, dying or captive at the hands of Rhaegar Targaryen. The Prince himself had slain Hoster Tulley in single combat and further killed the Lord of Harrenhall. This news was dire and meant that the only chance of victory now lay in the hands of Stark and Arryn forces. Rhaegar had lost only a handful of his army. The letter also stated that his army had divided in two. Jon Connington lead fifteen thousand men to the Saltpans. And the rest marched on Riverrun. The second raven brought even worse news. Lord Frey and Lannister had joined the Iron Throne. Lannister forces were said to have already reached the Twins and were blocking Stark forces from marching south. Gendry felt fear such as he never is before. Frey was his neighbour his northern boarder was Freyland! He was close to surrounded. Lannisters and Freys to the north and in the south Jon Connington and fifteen thousand troops.*

" Send three ravens one to Kingslanding, The Twins and to House Moolton. Inform them all that House Terrick is taking up arms against the traitors and enemy's to the Iron Throne and will offer all assistance to those loyal and true to Crown." Gendry had little choice but to swap sides to House Targaryen and their supporters. He was surrounded or soon would be. He was a honourable and brave man but he wasn't stupid or suicidal.*

Over a year went by and still the war raged on. Stark forces had been smashed near the twins. Riverrun had fallen as had Seaguard and Harrenhal. But House Terrick lands remained untouched. Jon Connington had lead his fifteen thousand into the Vale of Arryn and had smashed every army that came against them. Gendry had become a father also. Twins had been born a girl and boy. Lothar and Lysa. His wife was pregnant again with another child. But on the day of Gendry's name day came news from Kingslanding! The rebels Eddard and Robert had been captured and executed by Targaryen forces on the orders of the King. The rebellion was over. The rebels surrendered soon after. But before joy at the end of the war could begin the King had died. Rhaegar had succeeded his father.*

To celebrate the crowning of a new king a grand tourney took place. Gendry Terrick did well until he was defeated by Jamie Lannister. While at the tourney Gendry and Jon Arryn spoke often and became close. Gendry offered his daughters hand in marriage to Jon Arryns son. Jon accepted the offer as he needed to be sure House Arryn would carry on. The Eagle and Falcon had united as one. House Terrick and Arryn would be joined together. And Gendry hoped so to would their armies if needed....

The new lord of the Riverlands Edmure Tulley was a ward of the King. He was still a child. And wouldn't come if age for another three years. But in times of peace these years slip past a man quicker than he would like. Upon his coming of age name day Edmure summoned all the Lords of the Riverlands. Titles were handed out. Mostly small low titles of tiny estates. But it was said that the High Lordship of the Trident was to be bestowed on a Lord. And at that one from the eastern bank of the green fork! Only three houses were possible! House Terrick was one!*
" My Lord Terrick step forward" Gendry did as he was commanded. " For your loyalty to my father and House Tulley" That brought snorts of derision. " You are awarded the tile Master of Horse". Gendry was furious. He had missed the birth of his second son for this!? Without a word he and his household guard left Riverrun. House Keath had been given Highlordship of the Trident. House Terrick had been shamed by the Tulleys and Gendry would not forget or forgive.*

Raiders

House Terrick had been shamed by The Tulleys. Despite being given an honorary title they had been denied the High Lordship of the Trident. Gendry Terrick had not rode to Wycombe straight away rather he had gone to Harrenhal. He had married the daughter of the Lord of Harrenhall and so he could expect support from Harrenhal. The Terrick party had stayed for only a day. No one knew what the two lords spoke of. Many suspected Gendry was seeking support in a war against House Keath. This was not only a bold plan but treason! From Harrenhal he rode east to the Vale. There he met with his future son in law and spoke, again in private. Upon his return to Wycombe he ordered all his horse to assemble at the woods north of Wycombe and away from the Kingsroad. House Terrick had 100 horsemen but this was more than enough for the task Gendry had in mind.*

" Put these on all of you." Gendry pulled from a pack horse cloaks and flags of heraldry. The objects did hot bear the Terrick eagles. But rather the Tulley coat of arms! " We ride south and burn and pillage every single village we see." The riders donned their new insignia. " My Lord what you propose is not honourable." An old knight said. This man was old and had seen many winters. " So? Was the shame brought on my House honourable? No it wasn't!" Gendry was a just man but he also tended to be cruel. He had been made a fool of once he would not let it happen again. " You may remain here at Wycombe if you desire Ser in my dungeons or ride south with me. The choice is yours." Gendry had a tone in his voice few of his men had ever heard. " But my lord this will surely cause a war between the Keathes and Tulleys!?" The old knight still protested.*

The morning mist rolled in from the east. It covered the village and it's surroundings but the riders could still see the village from fires burning in homes. The horseman could be send atop a hill to the west from the village. But they carried the Tulley banner so men did not take notice. The column of horsemen rode down towards the village slowly at first but as they cleared the hill they began to gallop towards the village. Villagers stood confused as horsemen pounded towards them. Chaos started as soon as the first horseman cut down at a man carrying apples. The man feel dead and his apples spilled onto the earth. The villagers ran south towards their lords castle and into the woods in the west. The horseman rode down all the villagers save five. Two men and women and one baby girl. They would carry the news of the raid south to Lord Keathe. Some horsemen dismounted and began to pick through the villagers corpses and searching houses and hovels. Nothing of great value was found. But this raid was not to steal rather it was to cause open war between two houses. Gendry had never been a good fighter. He knew how to swing a sword but that was all. During the Baratheon rebellion Gendry had fought many men in single combat. In today's raid he had slain three villagers. One had tried to fight back but had quickly been dispatched. For three weeks now the lands around the Green fork had burnt. Villages and hamlets had been burnt and the occupants slaughtered. Yet still Lord Keathe had not taken action against these "Tulley" raiders. Reports came from the south that Tulley horsemen had been seen raiding around Maidenpool.*

The Lords of the Riverlands were becoming more and more angry with Edmure Tulley. These Tulley raiders had been seen all across the eastern Riverlands. Many couldn't believe it was Tulley troops. Even the lands around Harrenhal had been raided. Lords began to patrol their borders. News from the Vale brought tales of men being summoned to their lords castles and from there to the Eryie. War was upon the horizon. Gendry Terrick's plan had worked.Soon he could attempt to seize the high lordship of the trident.*

Any feed back would be great!

Last edited:
Pictures and maps to break up the text a bit would be nice. Other than that it reads pretty well (minor punctuation and capitalization issues).

I have been having issues with uploading pics that's why they are lacking, but thanks!

Nice plotting against the Tullys there, worthy of the Lannisters themselves! (Hate them all except for Tyrion)
Thanks took me ages to get the claim on the Trident. I managed to discover that the old sod that is Lord Frey is plotting to acquire the Riverlands and actually has a lot of help! An epic civil war in the Riverlands is due to happen soon!

Rebels and Manors.

"Damn this bloody siege! Two months and still no word from west of the Green Fork. Surely some news must have reached Wycombe by now!?" Gendry grew impatient of the siege. He had once again raised one thousand men for war. They had proceeded to march south to raid enemy lands once more. Gendry hated raiding but with such a small force at his command and the number of the enemy unknown he was unwilling to take any risks in field of battle. The castle, if it warranted such a title, was held by less than a fifty men but Gendry was unwilling to assault it. By gaining the castle he would loose too many men in a direct assault. So he had taken to starve the foe out! Gendry looked at the castle. In reality it was more of a fortified manor house.

848204585.jpg
( The Manor under siege by Terrick forces)

Gendry only lay siege to the manor because his outriders said that a troop of twenty heavy horseman had arrived sporting the device of House that had been openly attacking Terrick lands. Those raids had stopped when Gendry had burned every village known to support that House. Since then raiders had not been seen near Terrick lands.

"MY LORD! MY LORD! News from Wycombe!" Gendry's steward was a good hearted man with not only a talent for being a Steward but was also an excellent fighter. He had fought along side Gendry during the War of the Usurper. "What news?!" Gendry Terrick generally kept his calm but after two months of no news he was excited. " The Tulley forces met those of House Keathe at the Crossroads Inn. The Tulley host numbered only five thousand. The Keathe host a similar number swelled with mercenaries from Dorne. Edmure Tulley himself led the centre and smashed through House Keathes own troops. Lord Keathes own brother and three of his cousins fell in the battle." But before Gendry could react one of his outriders entered his tent. " Forgive me my Lord but enemy forces are south of us not a days march, but a few hours by my reckoning". Gendry Terrick stood up quickly from his chair he had been sat upon.

"SOUND ASSEMBLY! I want all horsemen that are ready to ride out and secure the ridge south of us. Move up men as quickly as we can. I want themen from Wyctown on the left and those from Combetown on the right. I will form the centre with my own men. Once we are in postion have the horsemen formed up just below the ridge out of sight. Oh and have the archers send fire over the walls of that shit hole of a Manor".

The enemy force had fought badly they had broken quickly the battle lasted less than ten minutes. Terrick horseman had ridden down many foes and there was much looting of the dead foe. House Keathe bannermen littered the battle field and its surroundings. Gendry rode over the battle field seeing the carnage that had been his doing. He had lead his household troops straight through the centre of the enemy and split their force into two. From there Keathe troops had quickly broken and run. " WE MARCH SOUTH! WE WILL BESIEGE THE CASTLE OF THESE BASTARDS!"

The centre of Keathe power was a mighty castle directly on the Green Forks banks. Gendry had hoped that the garrison would accept his terms and surrender. Rather they had turned them down. Lord Terrick sent out ten riders south in the hope that they would reach Tulley troops and be ableto bring them in support of the siege. The Tulleys needed no riders sent to them. They arrived only three days after Terrick forces. And they brought with them men who could build great siege engines. Within three weeks the war machines were ready. The number of besiegers was now five and a half thousand. Edmure Tulley had taken over the leading of the siege. But before he had taken over Edmure Tulley had sworn that he would name Gendry Terrick High Lord of the Trident upon their victory over the rebel Keathe forces.

trebuchet6.jpg
( The war machines built by Tulley workers).

A rough progress map of the Keathe rebellion thus far.

AAR map.jpg

Attachments

• AAR map.jpg
    AAR map.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 40
The Siege

The siege engines had not stopped throwing rocks at the castle walls since they had been built three weeks ago. They had smashed several holes in the wall. Last night they had been throwing great clay pots filled with fire into the castle. Smoke blackened the skyline above the castle. Little activity could be seen taking place in the castle.

0000146658.jpg
The castle undersiege.

"8 groups will attack the breeches in wall. One group to a breech. Each Lord here will lead his own troops into the breach. Lord Terrick you shall take your men and attack the eastern most breech."

Gendry dreaded the idea of the assault. Even though Tulley loyal forces now numbered nine thousand at the siege Gendry still was unhappy. He had heard of the great siege of Kingslanding when Robert Baratheon himself had lead the assault on the breech. That breech had quickly turned into a slaughter house. Archers on the Walls either side of the breech fired down into it and spearman greeted any that made it through. This siege would likely be the same. He knew hundreds of his men would die in the assault. He had not raised his men to go home with half of them. But he would do what was needed to secure his title!

The night was dark. Gendry Terrick wore only his light chain mail and leather jacket under it. He did not want to be slow moving this night. He and his troops had a few hundred yards of open ground to cover before they reached the walls. Gendry wore no helm and carried a great morningstart mace. His shield sported the emblem of House Terrick. He looked ahead and could see sentinels on the walls. To his right was all of the Tulley host. The signal to attack was given. One long blast on a horn.

The Terrick troops ran across the open ground but after the first few yards arrows and bolts started to fly into the mass of men. Gendry looked around as he ran and could see men falling to the ground for no reason. The missiles were invisible in the night. With each moment that passed as they ran more and more arrows filled the sky and night. By the time Gendry reached the wall he had lost easily one hundred if not two hundred of his men. His shield had an arrow in it which he quickly snapped of. His men were now pressed as close to the wall as possible. " TERRICK!" Gendry shouted the name of his House and charged into the breech followed by his household guard. The breech had no defenders on the ground only archers and men armed with crossbows on the walls. As he entered the castle Gendry ran to his right for that was were the gate house was. Some of his men broke off and headed to the walls to kill the men atop them.

Further down the wall The Blackfish had been slain. He had been hit by a bolt in the throat. Despite this he carried on running forward. Just as he reached the breech a spear thrown by a man on the walls went clean through him. So The Blackfish was killed during the Keath rebellion.
Gendry Terrick had successfully opened the gates on the east side. He then pushed on deeper into the castle. He had been separated from the main body of his men. He had only fifty men of his guard with him. As they neared the central keep of the castle Gendry heard not the sound of battle from other corners of the castle but silence. Had the other attacks failed!? " You take five others and head back to those stables we saw back there! Take horses and ride to Lord Tulley tell him the east gate is taken and we are holding, and that he should bring all his might to my assistance". Gendry Terrick was not in the mood to accept failure of this assault he had lost too many men to.

Lord Terrick sat in the great hall along with all the other Lords that had taken part in the siege. The siege had been a close run thing, Terrick forces had barely held their breech in the walls. Keath troops had counter attacked en mass, they had nearly broken Terrick troops but Tulley troops had arrived from the gatehouse and taken the enemy in the flank. However Gendry Terrick had been else where. He along with his small contingent had taken the keep which had only been defended by half a dozen men. Gendry had started the siege with a thousand men. By the end he had five hundred fighting fit and another hundred wounded. The reason for the failures of the other attacks was that upon then The Blackfish being slain men thought that Edmure Tulley, not his uncle, had been killed.

"Lord Keath you are charged with treason and the needless murder of innocents." The old maester of Riverrun read the charges against him. " M'Lord Tulley I ask you one small favour , I ask that you allow me to take the Black? I did save your life during the Baratheon rebellion when we fought together as comrades." Gendry Terrick was enraged! Take the black!? That would mean Lord Keath's son would retain all his traitor fathers titles and lands! After a minutes silence it was agreed that Keath would take the Black and that his son would retain all titles and lands. "OATH BREAKER! YOU SWORE IN THE LIGHT OF THE SEVEN! " Gendry Terrick shouted at Edmure Tulley. Many in the room shouted agreement! A man wearing the badge of The Twins chief amonst them! He was Walton Frey one of the current Lord Freys grandsons. "I AM LORD OF RIVERUN AND THE RIVERLANDS! I ANSWER TO THE KING NOT YOU!" Edmure Tulley had broken a sworn vow! How can a Lord expect his men to keep loyal to their vows if he breaks his? And he knew this.

Lord Keath and his fellow traitors were being escorted to the Wall by fifty Tulley men. It was a week since the siege by the Green Fork had ended. The party had passed through Terrick land unharmed. Now they were in Frey land. Walder Frey had never been friendly to Lord Keath or Lord Tulley for that matter. Some men whispered he plotted to depose Edmure Tulley. The captain of the guard gave a shout and the whole escort stopped. A tree had fallen across a small bridge they had though to cross. Five of the Tulley horsemen dismounted and moved towards the log. But before they had reached it three feel to the ground with arrows in them. "BACK BACK!" shouted the guard captain. He too was hit by an arrow that sent him flying of his horse and face first into the dirt. Arrows flew thick and fast into the party, men where falling all around Lord Keath. He spurred his horse back hoping to escape this ambush. But he was stopped before he began a spear had been thrust into his side. The man wielding the spear wore the two towers of The Twins.

House_Frey.png

I don't know if you've already played pretty far ahead or what, but I think screenshots help. Also, host your images on an external image site and use the IMG tags to put them into your text. The Paradox WYSIWYG is really set up more for attaching savegames then it is images.

I have only got as far as I have written. Yer i have had problems with screenshots. Okay thanks for the help!