+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking for betatesters for a SUBMOD for MEIOU

That's Europe? I can't wait to see the rest of the world.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I've been playing the mod, most of today. And i can only say that you all have something to look forward to. It's MEIOU with a twist! The map is a work of art and alot of fun compaired to the "vanilla" map in MEIOU. Even though i will still play on the regular map every now and again.
    MEIOU cookie • From Gigau.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for being late. It's indeed a great map. Was glad to contribute a little to it (just sharing my expertise in map modding, that's all actually).

You know i'd offer my help, if i had more time. But if you have any question, just ask me, and i'll be only too happy to help out.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

If it isn't a problem could i also become one of the testers? I'm really curious about this mod and would be glad to help anyway i can.

I'm sorry for the wait, I was fixing minor issues and re-balancing things in my mod whole day. I will sent updated versions of the mod to Birmon, Mr. Capitalist and Medd within 24 hours. Again, I'm really sorry that I asked you guys to wait before I'll send you this mod, especially after asking you for help myself, but I just wanted to see also how the "updated" version of the mod will behave, not only the original one.

Just saw this thread. And I must say, it is a damn fun little mod. Really changes things up in terms of the faction geography dynamics. Hope you can keep working on this. I'll help out in whatever small way I can, time permitting. For now, unfortunately that will only be beta testing specific parts. But so far everything seems to be working.

Ship Simulator Extremes

I'm enjoying playing Switzerland and giving my neighbours a good Swiss Cheesing. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    I'm enjoying playing Switzerland and giving my neighbours a good Swiss Cheesing. Keep up the good work!
    Where is switzerland?
    I'm doing a naples game myself since I like the access to border colonisation and religious wars next to me. The France border could be troublesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Where is switzerland?
    I'm doing a naples game myself since I like the access to border colonisation and religious wars next to me. The France border could be troublesome though.
    Switzerland is north of France, next to Milan.

And yeah, I actually decided to hinder France a little in next version of the mod. Currently they gained too big advantage over England due to terrain changes. To be accurate they don't have any vassals besides Foix and Blois now. They still have cores on them though, so it's not like I've done too much damage to them, I just wanted to slow them down a little.

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by MJpoland View Post
    And yeah, I actually decided to hinder France a little in next version of the mod. Currently they gained too big advantage over England due to terrain changes. To be accurate they don't have any vassals besides Foix and Blois now. They still have cores on them though, so it's not like I've done too much damage to them, I just wanted to slow them down a little.
    So they get to play a couple of quick whack-a-mole wars once they settle England down to get the land instead of sitting through annexation delays.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Croÿ, Willems-Hopegood)

Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    So they get to play a couple of quick whack-a-mole wars once they settle England down to get the land instead of sitting through annexation delays.
    A valid point. But hopefully lack of support from vassals may give other countries actually a chance against France - those former vassals may actually ally themselves to nations that can defend them. When I finish next version of mod later today I will run some test games too look how the situation will progress now in that area. I don't want too change too much, but some balancing is needed. Currently I'm working on map changes in Turkish region, area was looking little too messed up and not really interesting.

EDIT: and changes are ready, after a 2 hour fight against strange bugs and disappearing provinces:

Also uploading new version of the mod right now, I'll send it to everyone who would want to try it out
    Last edited by MJpoland; 04-08-2012 at 20:39.

Do I just overwrite the old files? If so, send it through. I don't have much time (entertaining other people's 10 year olds is harder than it sounds) but might be able to fire it up for a century...maybe.

HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

The new changes seems excellent, like that cultures seems to be a bit closer, so that you actually have a chance to form the different nations. Like Persia or Turkey. (Which is some of my favorite nations to play as)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallfellow View Post
    The new changes seems excellent, like that cultures seems to be a bit closer, so that you actually have a chance to form the different nations. Like Persia or Turkey. (Which is some of my favorite nations to play as)
    Well actually in both my games so far Persia appears as independent nation within 30 years of game, but as rebels rather than by forming it. And surprisingly in second game it quickly became quite powerful. Other countries that appeared really surprised me, I never seen them before in my countless MEIOU games - Skane and Karelia (Skane appeared in both games)

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Do I just overwrite the old files? If so, send it through. I don't have much time (entertaining other people's 10 year olds is harder than it sounds) but might be able to fire it up for a century...maybe.
    Well, you will need to again delete the cache and provinces folders. After that you can simply overwrite rest of the files. Sending files now

And going back to France balancing subject - its now the other way around, its France who is getting repeatedly crushed. I hope that I'll see screenshoots from other campaigns of the new version of the mod with France winning or I'll start having nightmares about not being able to find a solution to this problem .

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by MJpoland View Post
    And going back to France balancing subject - its now the other way around, its France who is getting repeatedly crushed. I hope that I'll see screenshoots from other campaigns of the new version of the mod with France winning or I'll start having nightmares about not being able to find a solution to this problem .
    I think the issue might be where you've placed the provinces that both nations control. In regular MEIOU, England's problem is that it's French provinces are a long distance away via sea travel and they're completely surrounded by the French. I don't want to say too much given that it's not public knowledge yet, but England doesn't really have those problems in the mod.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Croÿ, Willems-Hopegood)

Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    I think the issue might be where you've placed the provinces that both nations control. In regular MEIOU, England's problem is that it's French provinces are a long distance away via sea travel and they're completely surrounded by the French. I don't want to say too much given that it's not public knowledge yet, but England doesn't really have those problems in the mod.
    And thats why I reworked the whole region. Now both French and English regions are nicely placed and armies at start for both sides of war are quite balanced. Can get more fair than this:

That looks really good, and might even give England a fighting chance! Which is always an awesome thing!

Ship Simulator Extremes

Still looking forward to this, I think my next full campaign will be on this mod. Let me know as soon as the next version is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallfellow View Post
    That looks really good, and might even give England a fighting chance! Which is always an awesome thing!
    Actually I asked Blxz to run a hands off game with these settings and the first result after 50 years was the Anglo-French union. I will do some hands off games myself later today too to see how different results I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    Still looking forward to this, I think my next full campaign will be on this mod. Let me know as soon as the next version is out.
    I think that I should be able to release first official version of the mod within 3-5 days, there are still some areas that need some trimming

My second hands off game ended the same so i didn't screenshot it. I was going to watch it but I fell asleep (afternoon naps are the best). I'll start a new hands off now and try and keep an eye on the region to see how things develop before I report back.

EDIT: Looking better, PM sent.
    Last edited by Blxz; 07-08-2012 at 11:55.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast