+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you guys think anyone could mod Sengoku to be on par with CKII?

Do you guys think anyone could mod Sengoku to be on par with CKII?

I love the period of Sengoku for than I do CKII's. And the map and music is amazing. Sadly though, CKII is a lot more polished. I think it would be great if some modders attempted to bring it up to CKII level of polish.

und Recht und Freiheit Einigkeit's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 BetaRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I think the closest we'll ever get is with chatnoir's mod.

Honestly I think a full conversion Sengoku Jidai mod for CKII is a better bet than Sengoku improving to that level.

Alas we'll have to wait for Sengoku 2 I fear... If they make it... please?

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
    Alas we'll have to wait for Sengoku 2 I fear... If they make it... please?
    God I hope so. The map is so beautiful and the music so great. They really put a lot into it, like exchanging hostages for making peace. But it is lacking the polish of CKII.

Yes, Sengoku was almost like a trial run for CK II.

It would be nice if Paradox could revamp Sengoku to be on par with CK II. Or, perhaps, do a Japanese DLC for CK II using its engine and covering this time period. That would be an amazing game!

Just caught the first episode of Shogun on CBS :-) Sengoku on CK2 bones would be incredible. Hope Sengoku 2 is on the cards at some stage, all the hard work (research, descriptions etc) has already been covered for original Sengoku so I'm sure it wouldn't be so hard...

und Recht und Freiheit Einigkeit's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 BetaRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I don't think this game sold well enough to get the sequel treatment; at the very least, I don't expect to see Sengoku 2 until after Rome 2, but if I'm honest, I think that if we ever do see more Sengoku, it'll be as DLC, not as a second standalone.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaPenumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Well, to even see some DLC for Sengoku would be great.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

if you want sengoku to be like CK2 why not make a sengoku mod for CK2!

Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Well, you're welcome to do that. I'l be one of the first to download it. But modding a game to that extent, I.E. a new map, changing all the graphics. It's basically building Sengoku 2 yourself.
    At the end of the game, the pawn and the king go in the same box.

+ Reply to Thread