Thread: Crafting confusion and graphics hiccup

Crafting confusion and graphics hiccup

I know the whole world just went through a massive wipe so I'm not complaining if these are small glitches needing to be fixed. I recently got the Lore of the Lumberwoods skill, but I can't seem to craft an axe. I'm I mistaken in thinking that Lore of the Lumberwoods unlocks axe crafting?

Also, upon approaching a fire, the little picture selections on the bottom right-hand side of the screen blank out into solid colors so you need to mouse over them to see what they are. That's not really that bad, though. I just really need an axe. And I don't know if I'm being dense or if there's an issue.

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Uronoro View Post
    I know the whole world just went through a massive wipe so I'm not complaining if these are small glitches needing to be fixed. I recently got the Lore of the Lumberwoods skill, but I can't seem to craft an axe. I'm I mistaken in thinking that Lore of the Lumberwoods unlocks axe crafting?
    It is not. It's Foraging. (might be survival. I forget.)

Also, upon approaching a fire, the little picture selections on the bottom right-hand side of the screen blank out into solid colors so you need to mouse over them to see what they are. That's not really that bad, though. I just really need an axe. And I don't know if I'm being dense or if there's an issue.
    Might be part of the issue that was brought up with the smoke from fires causing crashes. See the bug report there.

edit: added bug report, fixed quote
    Salem forum Demi-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by MagicManICT View Post
    It is not. It's Foraging. (might be survival. I forget.)
    But I have both Foraging and Survival Skills, I needed those to get Lore of the Lumberwoods.

The issue has seemed to fix itself, though. Where I was only seeing a torch before I now see an axe. Strange. I wonder if Colonial Tradesmanship did it. That's the only skill I've recently learned since I last looked. Thank you, though.

Not sure about the graphical glitches, but you need colonial tradesmanship to craft the axe. ^_^