• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nosferatu

Captain
Jan 3, 2008
Hello, folks! I am still playing CK 1: deus vult but I am really interested in this new magnificent chapter of the Crusader kings. What really bothers me is the Ai behaviour in this game. Is it adequate in general? I see some strongly pronounced problems in Deus vult and I wish to enumerate them. OK then, here I go:

1) Ai never changing laws except some special cases (i.e. via the events);

2) Ai never proposing females for marriages and the female rulers never marry;

3) As far as I understood Ai never sending gifts to the other players or even to his own vassals;

Well, does any of this kind of problems are still exists in CK2?

Thanks in advance for any honest answers.

1. No longer an issue, in CKII the AI is more than happy to typically change their laws when it suites them. One of the most noticeable examples are the Russian Dukes, who all start at Gavelkind and typically try to get out of it before their various duchies get split apart.

2. It's not super common, but sometimes the AI will propose a marriage of a female character to the player. And yes, female rulers will marry just as frequently as their male counterparts.

3. Don't think the AI ever uses gifts. Not a biggie in my book.

Long story short, the AI in CKII isn't perfect, but it's leaps and bounds ahead of CK.

In my opinion the AI could have become a bit duller. I don't like to see all of the children married of and particularly when EVERY couple get children. Some rulers should choose not to remarry if a spouse died. The AI should not marry random courtiers if holding a high title, but rather children of landed characters.

It's not super common, but sometimes the AI will propose a marriage of a female character to the player. And yes, female rulers will marry just as frequently as their male counterparts.

Amazing news. Yesterday in CK: deus vult I proposed one of my nephews as a husband for the unmarried countess from one of the small counties of the northern Germany and she accepted. So it seems that sometimes female rulers are marrying.