• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kurblius

General
31 Badges
Feb 23, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
I've just discovered that the Trade distance to foreign CoTs may actually change. I was playing as Navarre and trading through Novgorod, when suddenly Novgorod became too far. I should mention that:

1.) My Trade Range hasn't changed. I've reloaded a old saves and its still at 204, the same as after I lose access.
2.) Novgorod's CoT is still in Novgorod.
3.) I always lose access to the CoT on September 28th, 1410, even after reloading from the 24th of September. No popups.
4.) Trade distance to Novgorod is now 254. I don't know what it was before, and there seems no way of finding out, other than that it must have been below 204.

Anyone got an idea of how trade distance might change?

There is an event that increases your trade range temporarily that can allow you to trade in a CoT for a while then stop when it ends. Your merchants in place will remain and continue bringing in money but you will be unable to send more.

It is a possibility that your traders had to change routes due to a province coming under siege by rebels or changing hands. I know this will affect colonist travel so I would assume it also affects traders.

I've just discovered that the Trade distance to foreign CoTs may actually change. I was playing as Navarre and trading through Novgorod, when suddenly Novgorod became too far. I should mention that:

1.) My Trade Range hasn't changed. I've reloaded a old saves and its still at 204, the same as after I lose access.
2.) Novgorod's CoT is still in Novgorod.
3.) I always lose access to the CoT on September 28th, 1410, even after reloading from the 24th of September. No popups.
4.) Trade distance to Novgorod is now 254. I don't know what it was before, and there seems no way of finding out, other than that it must have been below 204.

Anyone got an idea of how trade distance might change?
how do you know what your trade range and distance are?

how do you know what your trade range and distance are?

Trade range is available in the ledger.

Distance is available on a mouseover tip when you can't trade in a CoT because of range restrictions but it is kind of difficult to get the right tooltip to popup. This popup also has the trade range information.