+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can trade distance to foreign CoTs change?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Can trade distance to foreign CoTs change?

I've just discovered that the Trade distance to foreign CoTs may actually change. I was playing as Navarre and trading through Novgorod, when suddenly Novgorod became too far. I should mention that:

1.) My Trade Range hasn't changed. I've reloaded a old saves and its still at 204, the same as after I lose access.
    2.) Novgorod's CoT is still in Novgorod.
    3.) I always lose access to the CoT on September 28th, 1410, even after reloading from the 24th of September. No popups.
    4.) Trade distance to Novgorod is now 254. I don't know what it was before, and there seems no way of finding out, other than that it must have been below 204.

Anyone got an idea of how trade distance might change?
    Tips on achieving EPIC trade league dominance
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ague-Dominance

My current research into Trade Good Supply, Demand, and Pricing Changes:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...rice-over-time

There is an event that increases your trade range temporarily that can allow you to trade in a CoT for a while then stop when it ends. Your merchants in place will remain and continue bringing in money but you will be unable to send more.

It is a possibility that your traders had to change routes due to a province coming under siege by rebels or changing hands. I know this will affect colonist travel so I would assume it also affects traders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurblius View Post
    I've just discovered that the Trade distance to foreign CoTs may actually change. I was playing as Navarre and trading through Novgorod, when suddenly Novgorod became too far. I should mention that:

1.) My Trade Range hasn't changed. I've reloaded a old saves and its still at 204, the same as after I lose access.
    2.) Novgorod's CoT is still in Novgorod.
    3.) I always lose access to the CoT on September 28th, 1410, even after reloading from the 24th of September. No popups.
    4.) Trade distance to Novgorod is now 254. I don't know what it was before, and there seems no way of finding out, other than that it must have been below 204.

Anyone got an idea of how trade distance might change?
    how do you know what your trade range and distance are?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Dunno but a way to get access to all asian cots is to annex pagan Ryukyu as soon as you get QOTNW NI.

Quote Originally Posted by simon chatfield View Post
    how do you know what your trade range and distance are?
    Trade range is available in the ledger.

Distance is available on a mouseover tip when you can't trade in a CoT because of range restrictions but it is kind of difficult to get the right tooltip to popup. This popup also has the trade range information.

You can also just go to the trade map-mode. Mousing over a province shows both your trade range and the effective range of that the province is away from you.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by brifbates View Post
    It is a possibility that your traders had to change routes due to a province coming under siege by rebels or changing hands. I know this will affect colonist travel so I would assume it also affects traders.
    Ah. That would make sense. Thanks
    Tips on achieving EPIC trade league dominance
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ague-Dominance

My current research into Trade Good Supply, Demand, and Pricing Changes:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...rice-over-time

+ Reply to Thread