• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Morwys

Lord of Flies
42 Badges
Jul 8, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Rome Gold
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
First, let me make it clear that I don't think that the whole game is too easy. I think that the diplomacy part is.

I noticed that the AI accepts marriages too easily, even if it means the end of their house. Only once the AI refused a marriage proposal from me, and that was when I was King of Scotland and she was the Queen of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Pommerania. Every other time, including one game where I managed to marry the queen of England when I was the damned duke of Britanny - my character was horrible, she hated BTW. Also, all my retarded/dwarven/ugly daughters never had a problem marrying the King of Whatnot.

Is it me or the AI simply doesn't give a damn about it's own House?

First, let me make it clear that I don't think that the whole game is too easy. I think that the diplomacy part is.

I noticed that the AI accepts marriages too easily, even if it means the end of their house. Only once the AI refused a marriage proposal from me, and that was when I was King of Scotland and she was the Queen of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Pommerania. Every other time, including one game where I managed to marry the queen of England when I was the damned duke of Britanny - my character was horrible, she hated BTW. Also, all my retarded/dwarven/ugly daughters never had a problem marrying the King of Whatnot.

Is it me or the AI simply doesn't give a damn about it's own House?

Re. female rulers accepting normal marriages, the "problem" is that the AI is designed to keep the game running in a fairly historical manner if left to its own devices, even if that means making decisions the player would never dream of. Female rulers generally did mean the end of their house IRL; cases like the de Lugisnans in Cyprus were very much the exception.

you're just lucky with the circumstances (the "political concerns" modifier is a sure yes), or using the wedding rings icon near the portrait that shows marriages that the ai will definitely accept