+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy Diplomacy

Easy Diplomacy

First, let me make it clear that I don't think that the whole game is too easy. I think that the diplomacy part is.

I noticed that the AI accepts marriages too easily, even if it means the end of their house. Only once the AI refused a marriage proposal from me, and that was when I was King of Scotland and she was the Queen of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Pommerania. Every other time, including one game where I managed to marry the queen of England when I was the damned duke of Britanny - my character was horrible, she hated BTW. Also, all my retarded/dwarven/ugly daughters never had a problem marrying the King of Whatnot.

Is it me or the AI simply doesn't give a damn about it's own House?

Quote Originally Posted by PDR1987 View Post
    First, let me make it clear that I don't think that the whole game is too easy. I think that the diplomacy part is.

I noticed that the AI accepts marriages too easily, even if it means the end of their house. Only once the AI refused a marriage proposal from me, and that was when I was King of Scotland and she was the Queen of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Pommerania. Every other time, including one game where I managed to marry the queen of England when I was the damned duke of Britanny - my character was horrible, she hated BTW. Also, all my retarded/dwarven/ugly daughters never had a problem marrying the King of Whatnot.

Is it me or the AI simply doesn't give a damn about it's own House?
    Re. female rulers accepting normal marriages, the "problem" is that the AI is designed to keep the game running in a fairly historical manner if left to its own devices, even if that means making decisions the player would never dream of. Female rulers generally did mean the end of their house IRL; cases like the de Lugisnans in Cyprus were very much the exception.

Regent-Custodian of the Light riknap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    you're just lucky with the circumstances (the "political concerns" modifier is a sure yes), or using the wedding rings icon near the portrait that shows marriages that the ai will definitely accept
    LUX INVICTA! Rebuild the Empire of Megas Alexandros! Restore Roman Glory! Banish the Dark Ages!
    >>[Subsidiary Modules] [Frequent Questions] [Gameplay Guide] [Changelogs] [LUX INVICTA AETERNA]<<

Saeculum Obscurum: A Late Antiquity Mod, Fall of the Western Roman Empire and Rise of the Early Medieval Era. [beta state]
    LIBERT3 Primary Portal, for the Lux Invicta Buildings & Events, Retinues & Tactics, Traits & Technology Module. [INTEGRATED]
    Advanced Battles & Combat Depth Essentials. Planning portal for a comprehensive tactics overhaul project. [WIP - RESUMED]
    El Psy Congroo: Battle for world-line delta. A role-playing invasion modification. [WIP - EXP farming]

+ Reply to Thread