Nationality: Czech
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Anarcho-Liberal
    Issues: Laissez Faire/Full Citizenship
    Cash Reserves: Rising
    Militancy: 4 (-0.01)
    Consciousness: 9 (+0.10)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Yeah I also never quite understood it...
    I think it has to do something with your workers must get so much payed in the factories or something like that.
    There's foxes in the hen house,' cows out in the corn. The unions have been busted, their proud red banners torn'

Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Blog Entries
    Factory workers are paid from factory revenue. Minimum wage increases the payment they receive and thus reduces the total factory profit.
    "All warfare is based on deception." Sun Tzu, Ping Fa.

Paradoxian Wiki Network:
    HoI 3 | HoI 2 | EU3 | EU2 | Vicky | Vicky 2

On forum hiatus since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bbasgen View Post
    Factory workers are paid from factory revenue. Minimum wage increases the payment they receive and thus reduces the total factory profit.
    What about pensions?
    For unless there is security here at home there cannot be lasting peace in the world. - Franklin D Roosevelt

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working? -Tuco

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by am300307 View Post
    What about pensions?
    They pay the elderly. Although, I don't think there is any way to see how many elderly you have. You'll notice that your total population doesn't match the Pop count under the population screen. That's because the population screen only shows working age men. The difference includes women, children, and the elderly.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Thanks!
    So, minimum wages actually do exactly the same thing as in reality? I.e. raises the cost of workforce, thus reducing the profit?
    As many of my factories are in "red numbers", I guess it makes no sense to enact this reform?

Rome GoldVictoria 2

It could make sense, as it gives you advantages. I don't recall specifically, but your POPs are generally happier, and it is an Immigrant Attraction.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Richer pops means they put money in the national bank, if you need to loan you'll get first to your bank so if you bankrupt you don't have the world jumping on you.

I'm not sure if it also contributes to promotions, as they'll more likely to get luxury goods. In any case they'll buy from your internal economy if you have the goods, so everyone will be getting money -> everyone is giving you taxes.
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Another kind of whole world mod
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    The way to be Imperator of all the Old World
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II
    Expand your faith and realm into all the Old World

I'm playing Russia, so immigration does not concern me. As well as money, I'm dirty rich. I'm trying to run LF economy which contradict the concept of minimum wage.

Wage -> increase buy power of pops(wealth) ,and reducing factory profit. With LF policy without subsidies , effect can be devastating to your economy. I don't advise this without super techs/infrastructure to boost factory profit.
    Pensions -> increase buy power of pops(wealth) , and you pay from budget. So no negative modifier to your factories.

So if you have money it is better to enact pensions.
    Simple English User

Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanik View Post
    So if you have money it is better to enact pensions.
    Quite right. School reform is the best social reform, followed by pensions.

For minimum wage, consider that the more money your POPs have, the more money your government has. In the late game, factories tend to be highly profitable so the margins allow for the workers to get more money, which in turn makes them much better POPs for your empire. If your POPs are suffering, ultimately, your nation suffers. There are many things this game gets right about the real world balance of fiscal policy and people's needs, and this basic dynamic is one of them.
    "All warfare is based on deception." Sun Tzu, Ping Fa.

Paradoxian Wiki Network:
    HoI 3 | HoI 2 | EU3 | EU2 | Vicky | Vicky 2

On forum hiatus since 2013

I already have good pensions and trinket unemployment subsidies. And of course max education, advanced health care, art endowment (playing PDM)... I'll just wait 'till factories can make more money before enacting the minimum wage reform. If ever.

I thought pensions were just free money to every POP.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    What does art endowment do in pdm?
    Extra prestige gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanxia View Post
    I thought pensions were just free money to every POP.
    No; they form the cash pool for paying POPs who take income from the reform slider - usually Crats luxury income comes from pensions.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Biges View Post
    I already have good pensions and trinket unemployment subsidies. And of course max education, advanced health care, art endowment (playing PDM)... I'll just wait 'till factories can make more money before enacting the minimum wage reform. If ever.
    I'm also playing Russia right now in PDM, and find it impossible to enact Social reforms. You have found the solution to the great mystery. Now if only I could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_Hussar View Post
    I'm also playing Russia right now in PDM, and find it impossible to enact Social reforms. You have found the solution to the great mystery. Now if only I could do it.
    That's because, like the entirety of the rest of the world, he's playing the AHD version while you're still playing 4.5.2 GO BUY AHD ALREADY.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Rome GoldVictoria 2

LOL ... It's on my To Buy list ... so next time when it goes on sale, I will.

Can I help it if I still enjoy your PDM. :P

Oh, I get reforms easily in PDM for THD. I push my population towards liberalism everywhere I want. But that's another story, I mean no minimum wage for you, you lazy workers!

+ Reply to Thread