Please note that this is an alpha release of EIMM, and so a huge amount of the content has not yet been added! The purpose of this release is to obtain valuable feedback, particularly regarding province positions and names, and country borders.
If you have any suggestions, feedback or any other comments, please post them here.
This mod has been tested on a fresh copy of Rome v2.35 and v2.36b, so ensure that you have patched to one of those versions.
1. PLEASE create a copy of your EU:Rome directory! The following installation (and uninstallation) steps should be applied to the new copy you created. Install at your own risk if you choose not to do this.
2. Unzip EIMM01d.zip (link given above) to your "\mod" folder.
3. There will be a folder named "Copy to Vanilla" - copy all of the contained folders to your vanilla Rome directory and overwrite everything when prompted.
4. Delete the map cache by opening your "Rome\map\cache" folder and deleting all of the files. Delete the files within the "province_textures" folder as well, but don't delete the folder itself.
Run the mod by selecting "Europa Imperialis" from the mod drop-down box on the game launcher.
NOTE: the first time you run the game, the loading screen will wait at "Calculating Paths..." for up to several minutes. This is normal and will only happen the first time you load the mod (unless you delete the map cache again).
NOTE 2: I've noticed that sometimes the mod will crash at "Creating Graphics" the first time you try to run it. If this happens, please try again before submitting a bugreport.
1. Download UninstallEIMM01d.zip and unzip it to your Rome directory. Overwrite everything when prompted.
2. Delete the "Rome\mod\Europa Imperialis" and "\Copy to Vanilla" folder, and "Europa Imperialis.mod" file.
3. Delete map cache.
Huge thanks to:
And everyone else who contributed!
- Added new colormap (terrain mapmode) for both land and water
- Added adjacencies for straits (thanks OberGeneral)
- Added several new Indian, Arabic and East African subcultures, religions and regions
- Added Indian names (thanks Camara)
- Added basic history for the Chandragupta, Bindusara and Ashoka Maurya
- Simplified and expanded vanilla terrain system - added impassable terrain, mountains, rough mountains and rough ocean (still need to add forest areas)
- Removed sea province names in preparation for localisation plans
- Fixed some localisation issues
- Fixed port rotations
- Fixed sea province unit positions (ships no longer sail around Africa for no apparent reason)
- Fixed major crash bug with Mauryan civil war rebels
- Fixed several text-related bugs involving newline tags in province names (note to modders: doing this is a bad idea)
- Fixed several missions that triggered with province numbers
- Fixed the (incredibly basic) colourmap to actually fit properly
- Added two new provinces: Veneti (Gallia Cisalpina) and Olbia (Sardinia)
- Included the monarchy crash bug fix (as expanded and adapted by mate0815)
- Added cultures.
- Added tradegoods.
- Added basic Indian culture and Hindi religion (will expand these both next version).
- Added ports to all coastal provinces (need to fix rotations).
- Added a modifier to make colonising Arabia Deserta extremely difficult (not yet impossible - that will come in the next version).
- Re-added vanilla events, decisions and history (except for those that affected specific province IDs).
- Assigned provinces to appropriate regions (need to add more regions to India).
- Assigned populations and civilisation values to provinces.
- Several provinces have been shuffled around or borders fixed.
- Several countries have had their borders fixed (and some countries added that I missed, thanks Lofman!).