• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Flammehav

Colonel
8 Badges
Sep 9, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
How long does a warning lasts?

Simple question really. Scotland just warned me not to go to war against anyone. that is a tad annoying becouse I planned to get the last 3 cherokee provinces integrated into my realm very soon, but I don't want to have to fight Scotland for them. They are very powerfull atm taken over almost the entire main british isle. Ireland got their part, England is down to 3 provinces and France got Cornwall. Rest is Scotland. They are also the leader of a PU with Burgundy, though Burgundy is far from their normal strenght.

Also why would they warn me? My BB i only 4.2, I got about neutral relation to them with + 17 and I got a RM with them. Also we share no borders. I can't see a reason why they would warn me. And yes, they also trust me. So why??

I play on vanilla 5.1

Last edited:
Do you even read the pop-ups? They will only go to war with you if you DoW their neighbours.

Really? I never knew that... Nice information.

Yes the tooltip always said it was warning a country not to attack the neighbors of the country issuing the warning but it actually triggered regardless of who the warned country attacked. In HttT or DW the effect was changed so it actually matches the tooltip.