+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long es warning lasts?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

How long does a warning lasts?

Simple question really. Scotland just warned me not to go to war against anyone. that is a tad annoying becouse I planned to get the last 3 cherokee provinces integrated into my realm very soon, but I don't want to have to fight Scotland for them. They are very powerfull atm taken over almost the entire main british isle. Ireland got their part, England is down to 3 provinces and France got Cornwall. Rest is Scotland. They are also the leader of a PU with Burgundy, though Burgundy is far from their normal strenght.

Also why would they warn me? My BB i only 4.2, I got about neutral relation to them with + 17 and I got a RM with them. Also we share no borders. I can't see a reason why they would warn me. And yes, they also trust me. So why??

I play on vanilla 5.1
    Last edited by Flammehav; 30-07-2012 at 19:21.

Do you even read the pop-ups? They will only go to war with you if you DoW their neighbours.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by mottwww View Post
    Do you even read the pop-ups? They will only go to war with you if you DoW their neighbours.
    Really? I never knew that... Nice information.
    There's foxes in the hen house,' cows out in the corn. The unions have been busted, their proud red banners torn'

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by zezeb View Post
    Really? I never knew that... Nice information.
    That was new to me too. I was sure it ment going to war at all.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Warning lasts 20 years if I can remember it correctly.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesRome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by mottwww View Post
    Not exactly.
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Warnings
    "In Divine Wind warnings only call someone to arms if they neighbour the warned nation"
    So if you lack a border with Scotland, you're perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by n0thin View Post
    Not exactly.
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Warnings
    "In Divine Wind warnings only call someone to arms if they neighbour the warned nation"
    So if you lack a border with Scotland, you're perfectly fine.
    No, mottwww was right on that. It is if the warned nation DoW's a neighbor of the warning nation.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreAwful View Post
    No, mottwww was right on that. It is if the warned nation DoW's a neighbor of the warning nation.
    Ah then it makes sence. I've just recently started playing DW, and didn't catched up on the change there.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Yes the tooltip always said it was warning a country not to attack the neighbors of the country issuing the warning but it actually triggered regardless of who the warned country attacked. In HttT or DW the effect was changed so it actually matches the tooltip.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

+ Reply to Thread