• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mgoblue201

First Lieutenant
96 Badges
May 20, 2012
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For The Glory
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Cities: Skylines
The EU3 Wiki says that the MTTH for the event $PROVINCENAME$ Revolts! is 50 months, but I'm literally getting this event every other day (Death and Taxes mod). I've only ever gone over the infamy limit once, and that was before Divine Wind came out. Now in my current game I thought it would be fun and challenging to conquer as much as possible (I'm already pretty large and have no other reason to continue playing), but the constant riots make the game unplayable, and there is no reason I can see why they should be occurring with such frequency.

Check your core to non-core ratio.
Check your religions.
Check your accepted cultures.
Check the stats of your ruler.
Check your national modifiers.

If you're having lots of problems already, I'd suggest not going over your infamy limit just yet...

The event is happening everywhere - just as frequently in same culture, same religion cores as in different culture, different religion non-cores. The problem, as I said, isn't the revolt risk. It's that the event is firing every other day, and as far as I'm aware it strikes provinces at random.

The EU3 Wiki says that the MTTH for the event $PROVINCENAME$ Revolts! is 50 months, but I'm literally getting this event every other day (Death and Taxes mod). I've only ever gone over the infamy limit once, and that was before Divine Wind came out. Now in my current game I thought it would be fun and challenging to conquer as much as possible (I'm already pretty large and have no other reason to continue playing), but the constant riots make the game unplayable, and there is no reason I can see why they should be occurring with such frequency.
If it's a province event then each province has a 50 month (~4 year) revolt MTTH, which over a big empire adds up.

If it's a province event then each province has a 50 month (~4 year) revolt MTTH, which over a big empire adds up.
You're right, I didn't realize it was on a per province basis. I thought I had read about some people doing an over the infamy limit world conquest game with Divine Wind, but I don't see how it's possible to survive long. It's kind of absurd how ridiculously punishing it is. I thought it would merely be a nice challenge. But they might as well have instituted a game over screen.

Last edited:
Well, I'm at two huge disadvantages. The first is that I started out as Epirus, which meant that the initial stages of the game were spent merely trying to survive and then build up a decent-sized country. The second is that, as far as I can tell, Death and Taxes renders the prospect of large-scale conquest eminently more difficult by changing the dynamics of a few CBs (such as two infamy, instead of one, for holy war). Despite that, I've done quite a bit. My country stretches all the way to the Himalayas by the end of the 18th century. At this point, I could probably reach the Pacific and call it a day, but I don't to play it safe. What I thought would happen by going over the infamy limit is that all the major countries would declare war on me, in addition to the occasional nasty event. In fact, I was hoping for that, because I wanted a challenge. But all I got was a bunch of riots. Literally, I couldn't unpause the game without another riot appearing. That's not challenging, just tiresome. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of the game, then.

The same event cannot fire more than once at a time so you can leave the revolt event on screen for about 2 months or so before it auto-fires. That's fairly cheesy though. Another way is just to save and reload your game every couple of months to avoid all bad events. Some guy did a Ryukyu WC that way but he lost his right to own a pair of balls.

I would never advise going over the infamy limit unless you're going to stop playing as soon as you do OR you remain increadibly small with stability cost so small that you can get it back instantly. All the REALLY bad infamy events happen at low stability.

I don't remember where I heard it, but I've heard the frequency of that event is bugged. The code is suppose to be made so that it doesn't fire if the owner has 3 or more revolts ( trigger = { owner = { NOT = { num_of_revolts = 3 } } ) but apparently that line is bugged. Unfortunately I don't know the language they are using, so I can't tell you how to fix it.

event 757 is bugged added in patch 5.1 don't know if it is fixed in 5.2.
If they don't fix, I will remove that event.

How is it bugged? Since a patch is in progress it may be worth submitting a suggestion.
It has a check that appears to be intended to stop it firing if you've got three or more revolts already in play. This check doesn't work.

That seems like a rather large and, in my experience, a potentially game-killing oversight. Is there a way to modify or remove that event?
Of course, any event can be modded or deleted. Just make the MTTH 5000 instead of 50 for instance, if you want to be able to exceed the BB limits with no bad effects on you. Of course you could also use cheats to reduce your BB, or kill revolts, or whatever.

Of course, any event can be modded or deleted. Just make the MTTH 5000 instead of 50 for instance, if you want to be able to exceed the BB limits with no bad effects on you. Of course you could also use cheats to reduce your BB, or kill revolts, or whatever.
I don't mod or cheat have dealt with 30+ revolts per month in IN, When I let WE get to high.
This is a game not a history book.

I found the events file and edited the MTTH to something that is more in line with the intended effects of the event, but the problem is still occurring. Is there anything else I have to edit or change?
I don't mod or cheat have dealt with 30+ revolts per month in IN, When I let WE get to high.
This is a game not a history book.
Even when an unintended bug renders the game unplayable? 30 is nothing compared to the number of revolts that will perpetuate if the event is allowed to continue. I am not kidding when I say that the event is firing every other day, and it will not stop until every single province is in revolt. The annoying thing is that I almost always have three revolts concurrently going (at the moment I have five), so the event shouldn't even be occurring at all.

I found the events file and edited the MTTH to something that is more in line with the intended effects of the event, but the problem is still occurring. Is there anything else I have to edit or change?

Even when an unintended bug renders the game unplayable? 30 is nothing compared to the number of revolts that will perpetuate if the event is allowed to continue. I am not kidding when I say that the event is firing every other day, and it will not stop until every single province is in revolt. The annoying thing is that I almost always have three revolts concurrently going (at the moment I have five), so the event shouldn't even be occurring at all.
You have to have 3 rebel controled prov. to stop it from firing.:sad:

I tested it out and it does stop after three. So does "num_of_revolts = 3" actually mean the number of rebel controlled provinces (and therefore the event actually works as intended)?