• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let me blow your mind: I remember the Internet before there was Google.

Let me really blow your mind then and tell you I was on the Internet before DNS, real men did not need fancy names we used numbers dam it and we liked it.

Let me really blow your mind then and tell you I was on the Internet before DNS, real men did not need fancy names we used numbers dam it and we liked it.

[video=youtube;13JK5kChbRw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JK5kChbRw[/video]

Assuming DNS is as old as me... you must be one of those "1950s technobrains". :)

Please continue! :)

haha,
"dial up" anyone?
Like this,
images

or this?
images

Luckily, I could only remember the latter..
I think Paradox/EU wasn't even thought of back then..

While doing a quick search for pics of early Paradox members, I found at least a nice one of Kallocain at ggc:
images

But that was like other pictures of the team taken not long ago.
Maybe the team can come up with some old pics with computers buried under pizza boxes, Johan one handed typing the code of EUI etc.. :)

It hits me now that the first game I remember buying and playing was Svea Rike, together with Worms 2. I was Nine years at the time, which makes 2013 the sixteenth year I've enjoyed playing paradox games. Dear lord the times flies. I don't think I ever beat the game, though I probably was a little too young for it. Tack för alla goda spelminnen, Paradox! :)

I think you can add that Truman is EU4 in the first post. I mean, we know for a year now. ;-)

So was the EU games just based on this Svea Rike board game? And if so, what's the history of that game in particular? Does PDS own the rights? If so, do they plan on making more?

So was the EU games just based on this Svea Rike board game? And if so, what's the history of that game in particular? Does PDS own the rights? If so, do they plan on making more?

No, EU was based on the boardgame Europa Universalis designed in the early nineties by Philippe Thibault (of AGEOD). But I believe some people involved in making the Svea Rike computer games also took part in making the EU computer game.

I guess this Thread is dead?

*Poke* Johan! Update! For Christ sakes you still have East vs. West Coming in Q2 2013! Plus only Victoria II: A House Divided expansion and Crusader King II: Sunset Invasion DLC. What do you have to do around here to get some PI history?

I guess this Thread is dead?

*Poke* Johan! Update! For Christ sakes you still have East vs. West Coming in Q2 2013! Plus only Victoria II: A House Divided expansion and Crusader King II: Sunset Invasion DLC. What do you have to do around here to get some PI history?

Sooo, I removed the list of games. I linked to the same list on the website instead, one that we actually update. :)
Regarding adding more to the history, that is really Johan's thing to do when he is at work and idle, and right now he is on vacation, so that is going to be a while more. I could fill in with stuff I know, but he is just up to 2007 and I didn't start until 2009, so that will have to wait!

Sooo, I removed the list of games. I linked to the same list on the website instead, one that we actually update. :)
Regarding adding more to the history, that is really Johan's thing to do when he is at work and idle, and right now he is on vacation, so that is going to be a while more. I could fill in with stuff I know, but he is just up to 2007 and I didn't start until 2009, so that will have to wait!

Well at lest my poke didn't go unnoticed! Thanks! :blush: