• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Parzival2211

Major
53 Badges
Oct 25, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
The civic faction gains influence when there is a lack of slaves. I'm wondering what the values/triggers are that influence the percentage shown in the senate screen.

Does anyone know?

And a related question: Is there any way to increase the number of slaves other than beating barbarians in battle?
And where/to which province are new slaves (barb POWs) sent?

Thanks guys.

I'm not sure what the value is that triggers the "lack of slaves" modifier. From looking at defines.txt, I'd guess that every point below this value will give the Civic faction +1% influence to a maximum of 20%, but that's no more than conjecture (haven't actually played the game in quite a while...).

And a related question: Is there any way to increase the number of slaves other than beating barbarians in battle?
Whenever you capture a province with a different culture/religion from yours, a portion of its citizen population will become slaves/freedmen. So, to increase your overall number of slaves quickly, the easiest way would be to conquer something.

And where/to which province are new slaves (barb POWs) sent?
Half goes straight to your capital and the rest is divided equally amongst your (controlled?) provinces. This means that you can get some incredible population numbers in your capital as a barbarian one-province minor: subjugate the barbarians around you for a while and you'll eventually build up quite a significant population in your only province. It's probably the most effective way to go about running a barbarian country in the middle of nowhere, IMHO.

Actually, I feel like starting up a game to do just that, now... :D

I'm not sure what the value is that triggers the "lack of slaves" modifier. From looking at defines.txt, I'd guess that every point below this value will give the Civic faction +1% influence to a maximum of 20%, but that's no more than conjecture (haven't actually played the game in quite a while...).

Whenever you capture a province with a different culture/religion from yours, a portion of its citizen population will become slaves/freedmen. So, to increase your overall number of slaves quickly, the easiest way would be to conquer something.

Half goes straight to your capital and the rest is divided equally amongst your (controlled?) provinces. This means that you can get some incredible population numbers in your capital as a barbarian one-province minor: subjugate the barbarians around you for a while and you'll eventually build up quite a significant population in your only province. It's probably the most effective way to go about running a barbarian country in the middle of nowhere, IMHO.

Actually, I feel like starting up a game to do just that, now... :D

I'm glad you do :) It kind of hit me when I read that you haven't played the game for quite a while. ;-)

And thanks for your answers again.