+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lack of slaves

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome Gold500k club

Lack of slaves

The civic faction gains influence when there is a lack of slaves. I'm wondering what the values/triggers are that influence the percentage shown in the senate screen.

Does anyone know?

And a related question: Is there any way to increase the number of slaves other than beating barbarians in battle?
    And where/to which province are new slaves (barb POWs) sent?

Thanks guys.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband

I'm not sure what the value is that triggers the "lack of slaves" modifier. From looking at defines.txt, I'd guess that every point below this value will give the Civic faction +1% influence to a maximum of 20%, but that's no more than conjecture (haven't actually played the game in quite a while...).

And a related question: Is there any way to increase the number of slaves other than beating barbarians in battle?
    Whenever you capture a province with a different culture/religion from yours, a portion of its citizen population will become slaves/freedmen. So, to increase your overall number of slaves quickly, the easiest way would be to conquer something.

And where/to which province are new slaves (barb POWs) sent?
    Half goes straight to your capital and the rest is divided equally amongst your (controlled?) provinces. This means that you can get some incredible population numbers in your capital as a barbarian one-province minor: subjugate the barbarians around you for a while and you'll eventually build up quite a significant population in your only province. It's probably the most effective way to go about running a barbarian country in the middle of nowhere, IMHO.

Actually, I feel like starting up a game to do just that, now...
    EU: Rome, the way it should have been.
    Europa Imperialis Map Mod v0.1d

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome Gold500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Cheexsta View Post
    I'm not sure what the value is that triggers the "lack of slaves" modifier. From looking at defines.txt, I'd guess that every point below this value will give the Civic faction +1% influence to a maximum of 20%, but that's no more than conjecture (haven't actually played the game in quite a while...).

Whenever you capture a province with a different culture/religion from yours, a portion of its citizen population will become slaves/freedmen. So, to increase your overall number of slaves quickly, the easiest way would be to conquer something.

Half goes straight to your capital and the rest is divided equally amongst your (controlled?) provinces. This means that you can get some incredible population numbers in your capital as a barbarian one-province minor: subjugate the barbarians around you for a while and you'll eventually build up quite a significant population in your only province. It's probably the most effective way to go about running a barbarian country in the middle of nowhere, IMHO.

Actually, I feel like starting up a game to do just that, now...
    I'm glad you do :-) It kind of hit me when I read that you haven't played the game for quite a while. ;-)

And thanks for your answers again.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival2211 View Post
    I'm glad you do :-) It kind of hit me when I read that you haven't played the game for quite a while. ;-)
    Only because I've been so busy modding
    EU: Rome, the way it should have been.
    Europa Imperialis Map Mod v0.1d

+ Reply to Thread